Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes Getting Removed

milanster101

The problem was that, at the time especially, everyone complained about dilluted drop tables. Instead of clearing their schedules and making the time to fix that, and pushing other content back as a result, they decided to go with what they're doing now.

Say that it's lazy all you want but the fact is that they have a lot of people expecting more content and they have deadlines they need to make. It'll get fixed when it gets fixed but it won't happen as long as they have more important things to take care of first.

If time was such an issue, as you claim, then they shouldn't have time to "fix" it.  Plus, people would have been happy to have it place in the same rotations and lower forma BP's drop rate.

So they have time to vault crap that people want, but they don't have time to lower the drop rates of crap people complain about. Do you know how hypocritical you sound right now?

The drop tables are not "diluted". They are "diluted" only for people who want stuff for free.

You have the option of paying for Prime stuff, which is mainly cosmetic changes to existing mechanics, or getting lucky and being the rare ones per population attempts who get a free part.

Players want to get stuff for FREE without figuring out how DE will even pay the staff they employ to create the Warframes and other stuff they want for FREE.

If time was such an issue, as you claim, then they shouldn't have time to "fix" it.  Plus, people would have been happy to have it place in the same rotations and lower forma BP's drop rate.

So they have time to vault crap that people want, but they don't have time to lower the drop rates of crap people complain about. Do you know how hypocritical you sound right now?

And as I've already pointed out, it's a band-aid. It was a small and quick change that did help with the dillution problem a bit.

And the issue of things like Forma dropping too much is an entirely different issue from dilluting them with more Primes. It becomes having more things for rng to fight over vs. just not getting the drop.

And as I've already pointed out, it's a band-aid. It was a small and quick change that did help with the dillution problem a bit.

And the issue of things like Forma dropping too much is an entirely different issue from dilluting them with more Primes. It becomes having more things for rng to fight over vs. just not getting the drop.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't.

DE has had the time to fix this, they've had the input from the player base and they're choosing to do this.  How much time would it take to remove the junk from the Void's drop table?  Just as much time as it takes to remove all of the  Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Latron Prime, Boar Prime, Reaper Prime and Dakra Prime parts.

DE has had the time to fix this, they've had the input from the player base and they're choosing to do this.  How much time would it take to remove the junk from the Void's drop table?  Just as much time as it takes to remove all of the  Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Latron Prime, Boar Prime, Reaper Prime and Dakra Prime parts.

ROFLMAO, even better, why don't they drop every Prime Warframe into your inbox the day it premiers?

"Problem" settled.

^_^

Then they need to figure out what the 'junk' is. If they start pulling out Forma then would players complain about it being too rare now? What if they need to lower Core rates to make room for more Prime items?

Pulling out certan items entirely causes less overall problems to the drop tables than pulling out a Forma rate here and there and tweaking values on other items could cause. Plus removing things entirely is still faster than that untill they do the full rework.

Yes there are better solutions and they could have done so previously but it is, again, likely a much lower priority to them. The 'proper' fix will come (eventually) and is probably even planned for after the new Star Chart is out and everything regarding it is settled in.

Then they need to figure out what the 'junk' is. If they start pulling out Forma then would players complain about it being too rare now? What if they need to lower Core rates to make room for more Prime items?

Pulling out certan items entirely causes less overall problems to the drop tables than pulling out a Forma rate here and there and tweaking values on other items could cause. Plus removing things entirely is still faster than that untill they do the full rework.

Yes there are better solutions and they could have done so previously but it is, again, likely a much lower priority to them. The 'proper' fix will come (eventually) and is probably even planned for after the new Star Chart is out and everything regarding it is settled in.

Junk being credit cashes, single mod/cell rewards and T1-2 Void keys. 

Wave 15 I get 1 Gold mod or 1 Orokin Cell?  Waste of my time.  I have over 60 cells because of this, and I've already made 90% of the Prime gear.  Gold Mod?  I don't use Fusion cores.  I have (rounding up) 3k.  Duplicate mods?  8k.  Guess which I'll use to rank up mods in one shot.

DE has had the time and input to make the Void better, they're choosing not to.  Yes, I agree that things will be different when the Void and Star Chart are changed but I doubt it'll be better.  Making the Vault was an easy cop out to appease the player base with 'look, we fixing things!' without actually fixing anything.

I refuse to believe this is about anything other than spiking the rarity of items to encourage platinum spending. There are so many better solutions to this problem, and I refuse to believe a bunch of game developers, businessmen, and college graduates couldn't come up with something more elegant. 

I understand that DE needs to make money; it's when they aren't transparent about it that I stop feeling like I should be giving it to them. 

Junk being credit cashes, single mod/cell rewards and T1-2 Void keys. 

Wave 15 I get 1 Gold mod or 1 Orokin Cell?  Waste of my time.  I have over 60 cells because of this, and I've already made 90% of the Prime gear.  Gold Mod?  I don't use Fusion cores.  I have (rounding up) 3k.  Duplicate mods?  8k.  Guess which I'll use to rank up mods in one shot.

DE has had the time and input to make the Void better, they're choosing not to.  Yes, I agree that things will be different when the Void and Star Chart are changed but I doubt it'll be better.  Making the Vault was an easy cop out to appease the player base with 'look, we fixing things!' without actually fixing anything.

Are there really mods in tower rewards? I honestly can't say I've ever seen any.

But anyways, yes they could go make it a higher priority to go and rework the Void sooner rather than later. Although if it is planned to be done after, say, the Star Chart rework (which they could have had planned for far longer than announced) then they should keep it put off untill then instead of reworking it now and possibly need to rework it again afterwards (assuming the Star Chart does affect Void that much).

Also when other reworks are already planned, talked about, and have been worked on then they are pretty much stuck on finishing that before moving on to another one. Imagine the backlash they would have if they suddently announced that all work on the Star Chart, and Parkour 2.0 were put off untill drop rate issues are fixed with the Void?

I refuse to believe this is about anything other than spiking the rarity of items to encourage platinum spending. There are so many better solutions to this problem, and I refuse to believe a bunch of game developers, businessmen, and college graduates couldn't come up with something more elegant. 

I understand that DE needs to make money; it's when they aren't transparent about it that I stop feeling like I should be giving it to them. 

This is likely a reason this band-aid was more acceptable for them. It both helped the issue at hand (the dillution) and it helps promote more people playing and paying.

Are there really mods in tower rewards? I honestly can't say I've ever seen any.

But anyways, yes they could go make it a higher priority to go and rework the Void sooner rather than later. Although if it is planned to be done after, say, the Star Chart rework (which they could have had planned for far longer than announced) then they should keep it put off untill then instead of reworking it now and possibly need to rework it again afterwards (assuming the Star Chart does affect Void that much).

Also when other reworks are already planned, talked about, and have been worked on then they are pretty much stuck on finishing that before moving on to another one. Imagine the backlash they would have if they suddently announced that all work on the Star Chart, and Parkour 2.0 were put off untill drop rate issues are fixed with the Void?

This is likely a reason this band-aid was more acceptable for them. It both helped the issue at hand (the dillution) and it helps promote more people playing and paying.

The Void's drop tables have been an issue since before DE announced Parkour 2.0 and the new Star Chart.  And since we haven't gotten much regarding those two changes, as far as actually playing them, I'm willing to bet the community would receive Void improvements over those two things positively.  

The Void's drop tables have been an issue since before DE announced Parkour 2.0 and the new Star Chart.  And since we haven't gotten much regarding those two changes, as far as actually playing them, I'm willing to bet the community would receive Void improvements over those two things positively.  

Before announced yes but thay may have had it planned out from before they offocially announced it.

And there are still plenty of players who just either don't care about the drop rates or already have it all and there are newer players who aren't aware of the issues. None of them would be appreciative that the new content that DE has been hyping up is suddently put off for somthing they either don't care for/see as a non-issue.

Also the current drop tables do still work where the current "parkour" system is pretty much still unchanges from when they first added it and feels very dated. And the current Star Chart is impeding proper multiplayer and progression for new players. This all just adds on to the priorities issue.

Before announced yes but thay may have had it planned out from before they offocially announced it.

And there are still plenty of players who just either don't care about the drop rates or already have it all and there are newer players who aren't aware of the issues. None of them would be appreciative that the new content that DE has been hyping up is suddently put off for somthing they either don't care for/see as a non-issue.

Also the current drop tables do still work where the current "parkour" system is pretty much still unchanges from when they first added it and feels very dated. And the current Star Chart is impeding proper multiplayer and progression for new players. This all just adds on to the priorities issue.

Let me try again, the Voids drop tables have been an issue since I started playing, over a year ago.  DE has received several suggestions on how to fix it, before the Star Chart was changed to what it is now.  

They've had over a year to fix it, and that's based purely on personal experience.  

Edited by Noamuth

Let me try again, the Voids drop tables have been an issue since I started playing, over a year ago.  DE has received several suggestions on how to fix it, before the Star Chart was changed to what it is now.  

They've had over a year to fix it, and that's based purely on personal experience.  

Then it probably is that it just keeps getting shoved down on their priorities list.

Yes it should have and probably could have been fixed by now but as things stand today there are more important things they need to finish before it makes its way onto their schedules.

Another thing I just thought of is how often people complain about lack of actual content to do/play/use. This could be another thing that has keept the Void fix from happening with how much more people complain about that over the Void. Plus people needing to farm more/being unable to get cartan things for now is not as bad as players leaving because they've "done everything" or new players not continuing to play because they can't find enjoyable content.

Then it probably is that it just keeps getting shoved down on their priorities list.

Yes it should have and probably could have been fixed by now but as things stand today there are more important things they need to finish before it makes its way onto their schedules.

Another thing I just thought of is how often people complain about lack of actual content to do/play/use. This could be another thing that has keept the Void fix from happening with how much more people complain about that over the Void. Plus people needing to farm more/being unable to get cartan things for now is not as bad as players leaving because they've "done everything" or new players not continuing to play because they can't find enjoyable content.

I think...you're over thinking this as well as making assumptions about how difficult something like this is.

Either way, there's no point in prolonging this.  Bai.

DE is thinning out the Drop tables to help with drop table dilution. These frames and weapons will be reintroduced at a later time. 

I'd believe that if they were actually getting rid of stupid void key awards instead of prime parts.

It's infuriating that the last times Ive been in the void it's been 90% void keys.

THOSE are what need to be removed.

Edited by Beas7ie

Its true (frost now mag) they are reworking frames I guess you did not play for some time (look we have ''NEW'' excalibur).

new excaliber? those are skins mate

Because they hate you personally lol

lol yea maybe

I'd believe that if they were actually getting rid of stupid void key awards instead of prime parts.

It's infuriating that the last times Ive been in the void it's been 90% void keys.

THOSE are what need to be removed.

yes way too many void keys but atleast of what you say is true they are going to come back

very good points you made in this comment also you spelt certain as "cartan"

There's this thin border between "once again, I will get it this time" and "F*** this S#&$ I'm out". DE usually treads in the latter one.

while i agree that some reward tables in the void and derelict need fixing ASAP... overall the game is a F2P game. they cant thin it out to much otherwise it becomes to easy to farm and they cant dilute it even more otherwise players start to rage and complain..

some void missions are okey in terms of farming for a certain part. and some have a good balance. but the majority need fixing.. so it does not take over 50runs just to get that part

nor just doing under 5 runs to get that part... there needs to be a medium in terms of balancing void drop tables

while i agree that some reward tables in the void and derelict need fixing ASAP... overall the game is a F2P game. they cant thin it out to much otherwise it becomes to easy to farm and they cant dilute it even more otherwise players start to rage and complain..

some void missions are okey in terms of farming for a certain part. and some have a good balance. but the majority need fixing.. so it does not take over 50runs just to get that part

nor just doing under 5 runs to get that part... there needs to be a medium in terms of balancing void drop tables

The thing is, yes sometimes it takes you 50 runs, but other times it takes you 5.

There isn't much wrong with the drop tables. I'm sure everyone complaining about the drop tables have their share of rare parts. Just because you're not getting that one prime part you want at this moment doesn't mean the drop table is bad.

If they just increase rewards, then it devalues them and people complain about void not being rewarding enough because they have everything, or too much credits, or too many forma, or too many bronco BPs, etc.

too much stuff in void, its cluttered

Too much stuff in void TIII and TIV defense/survival.

There is only a small handful of items that can be acquired without once stepping foot into a  TIII/IV endless mode.  The rest of the void missions have few rewards in comparison.

DE literally threw their eggs in one or two baskets yet are stumped about how to go about fixing the problem of "dilution" in the short term.  The answer is kind of simple really... like the typical developer though, they're over complicating things again.  I expect their solution to get even more flak.