Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Vault Is Unnecessary, And There Are So Many Better Solutions.

Valafor

Did you read a single word of my second paragraph?

i did. And they didn't lie. It's not solely about getting more plat. A diluted and weighted drop table makes the idea of getting, and then getting, that rare part you've been after feel that much better. It's a sense of reward/accomplishment. Without that sense of accomplishment there is no reason to continue playing. If you stop playing there's no reason to buy platinum. If you aren't buying platinum, there's no reason for DE to make a game. How many times in gaming history have we seen the few of a gaming community complain about drops, only to have the devs buff the drops, and upset the majority because now there us no reward for time spent, causing players to leave? Too many. Leave the loot the way it is.

i did. And they didn't lie. It's not solely about getting more plat. A diluted and weighted drop table makes the idea of getting, and then getting, that rare part you've been after feel that much better. It's a sense of reward/accomplishment. Without that sense of accomplishment there is no reason to continue playing. If you stop playing there's no reason to buy platinum. If you aren't buying platinum, there's no reason for DE to make a game. How many times in gaming history have we seen the few of a gaming community complain about drops, only to have the devs buff the drops, and upset the majority because now there us no reward for time spent, causing players to leave? Too many. Leave the loot the way it is.

If that's the case, why would they say they were trying to reduce dilution. You're saying that's not what they were trying to do, when that's what they said they were trying to do. That is called a lie.

Looks like someone missed the memo that everything put in the vault is coming back as soon as the star chart is redone.

Wasn't stated anywhere. Also haven't seen where they stated they're being removed due to drop table dilution.

Waiting on those sources kiddos.

Looks like someone missed the memo that everything put in the vault is coming back as soon as the star chart is redone.

Find me the source where they said that. I've never heard it. This is all just wishful thinking that people spouted around. They never said at any point that the Star Chart will fix the drop tables. If anything, what will probably end up happening is nothing changes with the void, and just the regular mission nodes become changed.

If that's the case, why would they say they were trying to reduce dilution. You're saying that's not what they were trying to do, when that's what they said they were trying to do. That is called a lie.

never once did they say they were removing drop table dilution. Not once. They likely removed them to prevent players from getting a higher chance at better drops. The more frame and weapon parts that are in the table, the better chance you have of landing on one. Removing the parts was likely to keep the dilution, not distill it.

never once did they say they were removing drop table dilution. Not once. They likely removed them to prevent players from getting a higher chance at better drops. The more frame and weapon parts that are in the table, the better chance you have of landing on one. Removing the parts was likely to keep the dilution, not distill it.

It's what was said following Frost Prime's removal. I was willing to believe things just didn't work out as planned, and they would move the next set of parts to its place, but with the removal of Mag Prime that's clearly not the case.

I think they just don't want too many prime parts in rotation. Now that mag prime is gone people will appreciate regular mag.same with frost.

Then they get to rerelease the prime frames with much fanfare. New players will frenzy to get the new rereleased frost or mag. I doubt they make it a PA thing though.

Do you not see why they would do this? It generates excitement. No one cared for mag or frost prime before, removing them and then bringing them back will guarantee much needed excitement for newer players.

Most of you who are complaining have the chance to get her now, and probably already have her. So i dont even know why youre upset. Its not like keeping Mag in will change their philosophy on how rare parts should be, or how much they think the average player should farm to get the rarest parts. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

This is a supply and demand strategy. "Hurry! Quantities are limited."

The forums are so entertaining at times.

The pendulum swings one way (a Prime Rotation System): and it's the "everybody loses their minds!" Joker/Harvey Dent scene in Dark Knight.

The pendulum swings a bit the other way (a greater number of casual players obtain Boltor Prime) and it's DEFCON 5 AND TIME TO MASTERY RANK LOCK EVERY WEAPON IN THE VOID AT MR12.

Good Times...Good Times.

BTW, all the gnashing of teeth only proves the strategy is effective.

Find me the source where they said that. I've never heard it. This is all just wishful thinking that people spouted around. They never said at any point that the Star Chart will fix the drop tables. If anything, what will probably end up happening is nothing changes with the void, and just the regular mission nodes become changed.

This.

On another topic, I really dislike how they are going about with the star chart changes.

loot table ARE broken, but you still can have bad RNG. It may take you 100 tries to get what another guy gets in 1.

Do i tihnk the tables are full of crap? yes.

does DE know thte tables are full of crap? Yes

have they changed it? Not really

will they? probably not

whats wrong with spending money on the game? last i checked companies need revenue to pay employees to make a product.

Wanting us to spend money on the game is fine.  I've spent quite a bit in the past. 

However if DE expects us to spend our money, then they gotta get this S#&$ together.  Stop making us continuously grind the same crap over and over again.   Stop making us do ten void missions to get that one piece we need and giving us ten different void keys each time.   Make the loot tables and RNG actually bearable instead of just trolling us with crap.  

Wasn't stated anywhere. Also haven't seen where they stated they're being removed due to drop table dilution.

Waiting on those sources kiddos.

Watch the devstreams.

Theres your source.

To you too. Watch the devstreams.

They have clearly talked about everything coming back from the vault in multiple devstreams.

You're also wrong about the void. In the devstreams they have also talked about the void being completely different in the new star chart.

Edited by XtheMATTx

Wanting us to spend money on the game is fine.  I've spent quite a bit in the past. 

However if DE expects us to spend our money, then they gotta get this S#&$ together.  Stop making us continuously grind the same crap over and over again.   Stop making us do ten void missions to get that one piece we need and giving us ten different void keys each time.   Make the loot tables and RNG actually bearable instead of just trolling us with crap.

They work consistently to improve and add content within the parameters of a profitable business model as well as any company I've seen.

As to what you are asking for, I give you: THE BOLTOR PRIME CRISIS.

Finally, your word selection actually hinders any argument you would present. If I told you to "get YOUR $&@" together before posting inflammatory statements, you wouldn't really listen to what I have to say...just how I said it.

Watch the devstreams.

Theres your source.

To you too. Watch the devstreams.

They have clearly talked about everything coming back from the vault in multiple devstreams.

You're also wrong about the void. In the devstreams they have also talked about the void being completely different in the new star chart.

Then how about you give me the devstream numbers instead of giving us a vague and unhelpful answer? This is the same dishonest any politician would give, vague, unhelpful answers that while can be disproved, take a lot of time and effort to.

And even then, when will the stuff from vaulta return? Next year? 2 years from now? When they fix the drop tables? If that was the case, then I guess basically never.

Edited by Valafor

Then how about you give me the devstream numbers instead of giving us a vague and unhelpful answer? This is the same dishonest any politician would give, vague, unhelpful answers that while can be disproved, take a lot of time and effort to.

I dont have time to watch all of the devstreams to find the exact spot where they talked about it. It was around #49 to the most recent one. 

They clearly stated once the new star chart is out that everything in the vault will come back. You dont need to be so ignorant..

As of now unless I miscounted, there are a total of 98 unique items inside the void (all blueprints, and blueprint parts). Of these 98, 75 of them drop in 2  or more places, 3 of which drop in 3 places. If we made each item drop in only one place, and we assume that the current capacity is max, considering they need to remove sets of weapons and frames, we would have 39 open slots. Assuming all future prime accesses in the future use the maximum number of items per wave (12, 4 parts per frame, 4 parts per weapon/archwing/companion), we could still have 3 more Prime Accesses and shove in a melee weapon that costs 3 parts. 

But wait, it gets better. If we remove all the crap like uncommon fusion core bundles, keys, and Orokin Cells, now we get  ton more open slots. Also if we remove forma from rotations B and C and simply put it into A, now we have even MORE slots. And get ready for the big bombshell, Tower I Defense rotation A, if it has no cores or keys or other miscellaneous crap dropping there, has only ONE item in its entire drop table; forma blueprint.

So no wonder how we have so much loot dilution! The solution is obvious. More evenly distribute your loot, remove things like keys and any fusion core pack that is less than Rare, credit bundles and Orokin Cell bundles. If we do that, we could possibly fit another 4 Prime accesses. And I haven't even started on about the Derelict, which could hold even more Prime Access bundles!

So how can anyone dare to even say the Prime Vault is a necessary evil, or that the loot tables aren't broken and it is just "bad RNG". I am not one for conspiracy theories, but it seems to me that this is just some cheap ploy to get more people to spend money on Prime Access by making the tables so diluted or spend platinum on trading (which by the way, for all the people who are going to tell me they didn't spend a dime for platinum in this game, maybe you didn't, but someone else did to get that platinum into the trade market) to get these now-gone Prime frames. 

The reason they are taking out the primes from the void is to make room for new primes. Because the drop tables already are S#&$ and DE wants to fix them they decided to vault the oldest ones untill they can make a better drop table that will have less rng. One of their suggestions was to make it so each key will already have a pre determined part. So lets say you want volt systems. All you would have to do is get a key that tells you that this key will 100% give you your volt prime systems. SO instead of farming for keys and parts. you just farm for keys. Im sure that they will fix drop tables soon considering thats the who reason for "blowing the void up"

If everything prime was as easy to get as regular suits then nothing would have any worth. Like, I get it, it sucks going after a loki systems 30 times with nothing to show, but that's why when you do finally get one you can get over a hundred plat for it. If it was easy to get then nobody would be willing to pay for it.

They took out frost and I was able to make a few hundred plat off of my sets that I could barely sell before. Now they're taking out mag (looks at my 8 mag prime sets) and I'm in line to make even more plat to feed my noggle addiction. I would be lucky to get 30p for a mag set before.

I can understand calls for wanting other keys/orokin cells/forma bps to be taken out, but most of the people complaining about drop tables aren't thinking about the big picture. If it was really easy to get everything then this game would suffer.

God not this again....honestly idk why ppl have so much trouble getting their prime stuff ...either you farm for it or you trade/buy it. I didnt spend any money and got all the prime frames and all the weapons i wanted. Farmed all of it or traded it for ther parts or sold parts and bought the ones i needed. I honestly dont see a problem in this system at all oO Sure they COULD do something different but meh w.e it doesnt affect my gameplay AT ALL. If they wanna make money that way good lord let them , id rather have em do that than have the game be shut down because of ppl demanding this and that and them not making any money to keep the servers up and running. 

Sheesh just enjoy the game for once will you people <.< (even though its hella boring right now i know)

If everything prime was as easy to get as regular suits then nothing would have any worth. Like, I get it, it sucks going after a loki systems 30 times with nothing to show, but that's why when you do finally get one you can get over a hundred plat for it. If it was easy to get then nobody would be willing to pay for it.

They took out frost and I was able to make a few hundred plat off of my sets that I could barely sell before. Now they're taking out mag (looks at my 8 mag prime sets) and I'm in line to make even more plat to feed my noggle addiction. I would be lucky to get 30p for a mag set before.

I can understand calls for wanting other keys/orokin cells/forma bps to be taken out, but most of the people complaining about drop tables aren't thinking about the big picture. If it was really easy to get everything then this game would suffer.

God not this again....honestly idk why ppl have so much trouble getting their prime stuff ...either you farm for it or you trade/buy it. I didnt spend any money and got all the prime frames and all the weapons i wanted. Farmed all of it or traded it for ther parts or sold parts and bought the ones i needed. I honestly dont see a problem in this system at all oO Sure they COULD do something different but meh w.e it doesnt affect my gameplay AT ALL. If they wanna make money that way good lord let them , id rather have em do that than have the game be shut down because of ppl demanding this and that and them not making any money to keep the servers up and running. 

Sheesh just enjoy the game for once will you people <.< (even though its hella boring right now i know)

I am not complaining about stuff being hard to get. I am complaining about the fact that DE finds the Prime Vault as the appropriate solution to the loot dilution issue when there is a much better alternative. Making everything drop in only 1 place instead of 2 or 3 doesn't make farming easier.

Edited by Valafor

As of now unless I miscounted, there are a total of 98 unique items inside the void (all blueprints, and blueprint parts). Of these 98, 75 of them drop in 2  or more places, 3 of which drop in 3 places. If we made each item drop in only one place, and we assume that the current capacity is max, considering they need to remove sets of weapons and frames, we would have 39 open slots. Assuming all future prime accesses in the future use the maximum number of items per wave (12, 4 parts per frame, 4 parts per weapon/archwing/companion), we could still have 3 more Prime Accesses and shove in a melee weapon that costs 3 parts. 

But wait, it gets better. If we remove all the crap like uncommon fusion core bundles, keys, and Orokin Cells, now we get  ton more open slots. Also if we remove forma from rotations B and C and simply put it into A, now we have even MORE slots. And get ready for the big bombshell, Tower I Defense rotation A, if it has no cores or keys or other miscellaneous crap dropping there, has only ONE item in its entire drop table; forma blueprint.

So no wonder how we have so much loot dilution! The solution is obvious. More evenly distribute your loot, remove things like keys and any fusion core pack that is less than Rare, credit bundles and Orokin Cell bundles. If we do that, we could possibly fit another 4 Prime accesses. And I haven't even started on about the Derelict, which could hold even more Prime Access bundles!

So how can anyone dare to even say the Prime Vault is a necessary evil, or that the loot tables aren't broken and it is just "bad RNG". I am not one for conspiracy theories, but it seems to me that this is just some cheap ploy to get more people to spend money on Prime Access by making the tables so diluted or spend platinum on trading (which by the way, for all the people who are going to tell me they didn't spend a dime for platinum in this game, maybe you didn't, but someone else did to get that platinum into the trade market) to get these now-gone Prime frames. 

rush this to sheldon. doubt he'd take it seirously.