Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk About The Next Two Primes

Trinity Prime

Banshee Prime

Saryn Prime

Valkyr Prime (dark horse, outside chance like Nova was)

Personally, my love for these frames is in the order listed above.  Nothing would make me happier than to see Trinity Prime next.  I mention it everytime someone posts a "who's the next prime?" thread.  I've got a stack of stripper singles ready and waiting to make it rain the moment that lobster tail takes the stage.  She's my main, my favorite, since a few days after I began playing Warframe I've identified with Trinity more than any other frame.

If not Trinity, after all the salt and rage passed away, then I wouldn't be upset by the choice of either Saryn or Banshee.  Unless Trinity was passed over (again) and both Banshee and Saryn are the next two primed frames.  Ohhhh....the rage would be real, and anyone in the near vicinity of me would be in mortal danger from said rage.  Then after the rage passed I would rejoice at the addition of Banshee Prime and Saryn Prime, both frames are pretty awesome in their own way.

And lastly we have Valkyr.  I'd say among the ladies mentioned she's probably got just as good of a chance to be primed as the rest.  Sure she's technically not an original, but that didn't stop Nova from breaking canon did it?  Valkyr Prime will happen some day.  The question...is will she be next?

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

And lastly we have Valkyr.  I'd say among the ladies mentioned she's probably got just as good of a chance to be primed as the rest.  Sure she's technically not an original, but that didn't stop Nova from breaking canon did it?  Valkyr Prime will happen some day.  The question...is will she be next?

Nova did not break any canon and neither will Valkyr.

Edited by Artarrwen

Nova did not break any canon and neither will Valkyr.

Indeed, also the fact that DE have a pre-vivisection body in development is, IMHO, a sign that a Valkyr prime is happening soon.

DE have said that doing whole mesh-swaps of Warframes is not cost effective for them. The only examples so far are using models that DE already had and that needed minimal adaption to Warframe (Proto Excal and Nemesis Nyx) So why would they break tradition and make a whole new base-mesh for Valkyr? IMHO because they have a Prime in the works that needs a pre-Corpus-torture mesh to act as a base.

So my bet is [Trinity|Banshee] Prime then Valkyr Prime

Ohhh, don't say that too loudly.

Nova was a tenno council creation, not an original, so according to the RP crowd her being primed did break canon.

Not that it mattered to me, she's a favorite of mine.

Players may have made assumptions that the "Tenno Council" was a modern era entity, but no such thing was ever stated. Obviously now we know that the Tenno council existed in the Orokin era. There is no problem, or break in canon, just a player assumption that has been shown to be wrong.

Ohhh, don't say that too loudly.

Nova was a tenno council creation, not an original, so according to the RP crowd her being primed did break canon.

Not that it mattered to me, she's a favorite of mine.

Wait, it was said too that she was created before the "long sleep". So it doesn't break the lore this way. I mean we can't think that Nova was designed after the Orokin era, since we can't create any new frame, only copy those we (re)discover here and there... Otherwise yeah, it wouldn't make sense...

Indeed, also the fact that DE have a pre-vivisection body in development is, IMHO, a sign that a Valkyr prime is happening soon.

DE have said that doing whole mesh-swaps of Warframes is not cost effective for them. The only examples so far are using models that DE already had and that needed minimal adaption to Warframe (Proto Excal and Nemesis Nyx) So why would they break tradition and make a whole new base-mesh for Valkyr? IMHO because they have a Prime in the works that needs a pre-Corpus-torture mesh to act as a base.

Hey, good point. This "pre-Salad V" skin could mean that she actually has a good chance to be Primed sooner than expected... I mean Nova completely did step on Trinity, Banshee and Saryn's toes after all... Well Nova was an obvious cash grab with Christmas, so that must have been a big influence too... Money money money!

So if Valkyr Prime seems a better choice on a marketing standpoint, she does seem to have her shot... Which sucks for the other 3 girls...

Edited by Marthrym

I want Saryn Prime. Saryn has an awesome style. Her Prime treatment would be interesting.

IMHO the Prime ethos seems to be "replace organic elements with hard-tech" this is typified in the redesign of Ash's arm plates, I think a Saryn Prime would look _very_ different indeed, replacing all of the elements on her shoulders, waist and leg.

Actually Proto Excal and Nemesis Nyx were specially created for the Anniversary, they were not made just to grab money, and they didn't use the old assets from Dark Sector. They simply used the same designs.

The only model changing skins we do have, are ones that were made in the game before DE decided to retract the idea of making model alternatives, which is the Scindo/dual zoren Dagger Axe skins, the Manticore Axe skin, and the Brokk Hammer skin. These skins were made, but, like you said, weren't cost effective, so they stopped making them.

It is a bit odd that they will be making an alternate model skin for valkyr however, which does raise suspicions to Valkyr Prime.

Actually Proto Excal and Nemesis Nyx were specially created for the Anniversary, they were not made just to grab money, and they didn't use the old assets from Dark Sector. They simply used the same designs.

You are mistaken, I have the mesh exports from Warframe and from DS, they are the same meshes (slightly distorted) and same diffuse and normal maps. Complete with some odd facing on the quads on Proto-excal/Hayden's suit's thighs.

However I wasn't saying they were a "cash grab" just that they were cost-effective as the sculpt/texturing/rigging was already done and there was much less work needed to use them as anniversary items.

Edited by SilentMobius

You are mistaken, I have the mesh exports from Warframe and from DS, they are the same meshes (slightly distorted) and same diffuse and normal maps. Complete with some odd facing on the quads on Proto-excal/Hayden's suit's thighs.

However I wasn't saying they were a "cash grab" just that they were cost-effective as the sculpt/texturing/rigging was already done and there was much less work needed to use them as anniversary items.

Oh waow, really?