Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime Textures, Mesh & Animation Bugs Collection Thread

Zareek

Hey Tenno! Merged all related threads here. It's on our radar, thanks for reporting! :) 

Thank you! Finally, now maybe we can see all these abhorrent issues fixed. Though it is quite late, I really do appreciate you responding to this thread and showing that DE is paying attention. With this, the Excalibur Rework, and Frost's Rework...I have high hopes that DE has started righting its wrongs. Woo!

[DE]Danielle: The original creator of this thread is Sci_Ant. To assure maximum visibility of Sci's efforts the post has been quoted to be place on the front page. Click here to view the original post.

Thank you!

Hey Tenno! Merged all related threads here. It's on our radar, thanks for reporting! :) 

MRW I saw that DE had replied but then realised what the merge meant for my original post >

tumblr_m52ws02Jps1qe7vhgo1_500.gif

XD

No matter, I will continue to update it in case new problems show up. :)

Thanks [DE]Danielle, you have brought renewed hope for Ash Prime fans!

One major piece of information that should be noted here: Ash Prime's body is not PBR'd. Only his added bits and helmet are.

They made his diffuse and specular maps really light to make it look more like the PBR stuff, but it has none of the improvements that PBR brings. Those maps being really light plays into the issues with him being grey when colored black.

The jagged edges on color regions are caused by the masks being done at 1/2 resolution compared to his main textures. Since his main textures are served at a fairly low resolution (half the resolution of the immortal skin), the resolution of the masks is abysmal.

One major piece of information that should be noted here: Ash Prime's body is not PBR'd. Only his added bits and helmet are.

They made his diffuse and specular maps really light to make it look more like the PBR stuff, but it has none of the improvements that PBR brings. Those maps being really light plays into the issues with him being grey when colored black.

The jagged edges on color regions are caused by the masks being done at 1/2 resolution compared to his main textures. Since his main textures are served at a fairly low resolution (half the resolution of the immortal skin), the resolution of the masks is abysmal.

Holy technicalities Batman!

Thanks for the explanation, didn't know it was like this, but it's so weird if it actually is. :O

Edited by Sci_Ant

Holy technicalities Batman!

Thanks for the explanation, didn't know it was like this, but it's so weird if it actually is. :O

Here is a comparison of his body to his armor textures. It shows pretty clearly the difference between the old shader pipeline and PBR as well.

dwr.png

Here is a comparison of Ash Prime and Ash Immortal textures to show the changes that are causing issues:

dwh.gif

I made this one for a different thread, so the labels are translated into more obvious language instead of the correct terms.

Here is a comparison of his body to his armor textures. It shows pretty clearly the difference between the old shader pipeline and PBR as well.

Here is a comparison of Ash Prime and Ash Immortal textures to show the changes that are causing issues:

I made this one for a different thread, so the labels are translated into more obvious language instead of the correct terms.

Wow nice. I've made textures before but don't understand this much into the technical stuff. Thanks though, would love a link to the thread these images were made for.

Also, does the last image mean that Ash Prime is actually just the base Ash model with the 'Prime Armor' added on? And that the prime armor is a separate mesh with separate textures? I always suspected that since you can see the remnants of the old textures on his thigh where the armor covers the spike like design originally on Ash's thigh.

Dear DE,

The coloration for Ash Prime's new amoured area both helm and shoulders, etc is not showing dark colors correctly.  For example, if you give it the darkest black color from the Smoke set all you get is a matte black finish that gleams rather than the pure black that you should get.  It's off, was hoping we could get a fix for it?  (May want to take a look at the immortal skin on the Ash Prime too while you're at it, his butt looks weird again, like a diaper.  

Tenno out

Thank you for taking notice DE!!  =)

Wow nice. I've made textures before but don't understand this much into the technical stuff. Thanks though, would love a link to the thread these images were made for.

Also, does the last image mean that Ash Prime is actually just the base Ash model with the 'Prime Armor' added on? And that the prime armor is a separate mesh with separate textures? I always suspected that since you can see the remnants of the old textures on his thigh where the armor covers the spike like design originally on Ash's thigh.

Nearly every prime frame is done this way:

Frost Prime is almost identical to Frost. They brought the top of his neck in slightly and removed a bunch of polys in his wrists, leaving gaping holes.

Excal Prime is a pure retexture of Excal.

Mag Prime has extra floaty things by her shoulders. She is otherwise identical.

Ember Prime has her leg things removed, and new ones introduced as a separate model. She also has shoulder things added as separate models. Both of these addons share texturing with the helmet.

Rhino Prime has shoulder pads, hip things, and the turn key added as separate model. The base model is unchanged.

Loki Prime has leg pads, the back thing, etc. added as a separate model.

Nyx Prime has extra bits added as another model. Base model unchanged.

Nova Prime has significant model changes for very little visible result. Her butt is made smaller, one bust is separated into a separate model, and her back structure is stripped away. Leg, arm, and back additions are then made as separate models.

Volt Prime has his shoulder pieces replaced, although they were already separate. He then has various other additions as separate models.

Ash Prime has very significant additions all over his body, but no changes to his base model.

Great! Can wait to see my Ash Prime fix and looking, well...Prime as he is suppose to...Specially his Blade Storm clones, I think his blades should be Gold or looking a bit more exotic Prime in design, and they should be in the wrist under his hands, like it shows in the codex...right?

Is it just me or has anyone also thought of this: I though, shouldn't his smoke animation be in his whole oper body or at least both arms in his Prime Form? I always though it was cool the smoking one arm... but imagine in his prime he be a bit more...smoky?

Edited by 0zryel

DE responded to my Ash Prime bug collection thread and is merging all similar threads into that megathread here > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

I will ask them to add your thread to it too. This problem has already been listed there as can be seen in my OP > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/page-4#entry5452693

EDIT: Irrelevant due to merge.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Found and reported 3 more related threads to be merged here. Prepare for incoming!

Yep, I've noticed. :D

DE responded to my Ash Prime bug collection thread and is merging all similar threads into that megathread here > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

I will ask them to add your thread to it too. This problem has already been listed there as can be seen in my OP > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/

DE responded to my Ash Prime bug collection thread and is merging all similar threads into that megathread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

I will ask them to add your thread to it too. This problem has already been listed there as can be seen in my OP > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/

And thanks again Sci, without you none of this would be possible. :-)

Yep, I've noticed. :D

And thanks again Sci, without you none of this would be possible. :-)

Woops. XD

All my comments from those threads got merged according to the timestamps. So that's how it happens. XD Will edit them now.

And thanks to you guys too, it wouldn't have been noticed by DE without your continued support!

Not all to sure if this is where this goes so if it is needing to be moved feel free to do so.

While I was thinking maybe it was just a glitch, Ash Prime has problems while wearing Prisma Daedulus Shoulder armors. They phase through his arms terribly now after the U17 launch and his left arm one actually sits much lower than it is suppose to. Not sure how to link XB screen shots here so if someone can provide a pm or info about it I'd appreciate it!

Hope this gets worked out soon. :)