Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So How Did You Guys Get Into Warframe?

OverlordMcGeek

I was coerced, all i did was look at a trailer said it looked cool.

The next Steve and Rebecca came and then i woke up in a basement, please send help.

I think i am under DE HQ, i haven't seen daylight for years..

May last year a friend told me about it and I gave it a go, played for 40 hours total without knowing what to do other than the planet nodes and left. Beginning of september last year I was browsing youtube and I saw the new Archwing and I was like "This looks ultra cool O_O" and I continued playing and got hooked up alot. Yes, archwing made me play the game.

I was informed about Warframe from a friend who had got his PS$ around the time of it's release on the consoles. I was still on PS3 and was quite interested in the idea of the game and cataloged the name for when I got my own PS4 at a later date. 

He described it as "Space ninja's with guns" And I was pretty sold on that if I'm honest XD

I played Warframe back when it first came out on Ps4 (not many more games to play back then when Ps4 was relatively new). I played for a few days on and off coming back every now and then and thought it was garbage at first. It was slow, grindy and had not so great tutorials. I absolutely hated the game and the prices for prime access. I think the Rhino prime access was about 100 pounds so in my mind I was thinking that is a lot of money for 1 warframe and whatever weapon it comes with. Then I just left the game under the impression the company running it were as greedy as sin. Monthes pass and I see it's gone through some major updates so I gave it a second chance. Once I got rhino and boltor prime (my crutch) things started to speed up and the star chart was not so bad. Now i'm about 40 days of gameplay in which is more time spent than any other game. Sorry for block of writing, i'm using my Ps4 to type this.

Edited by (PS4)lydon123

Mostly kept seeing ads on Steam every time I was in the store and curiosity finally got the better of me.

I did check it out on YouTube and watched quite a few videos. After the initial "what the...?" reaction of seeing grineer in action, I finally decided to give it a try since it resembled a more elaborate ME3MP and I was heavily into that at the time.

Haven't looked back since.

I saw TotalBiscuits first video of this game couple years ago, when there was grineer in corpus ship or something like that, really early stuff. Tried and liked it. Played some time and decided wait for more content. After that I come and play some time and then keep couple months break. 

Edit: This video brought me here. 

Edited by Nospaz

Me and my mate were looking for a co-op game we could play together. We found Warframe. However, I tried waiting until we were both able to play it at the same time but I was bored and decided to try it out without him.

I clearly stuck around and became absorbed. He eventually got around to playing it but stopped after playing for a couple of hours. Never returned and says the game is S#&$ with nothing to do in it.

Edited by Naith

Firefall ran out interesting things to do for me around the moment I started to realise that that game had been in the developmental doldrums for some time with no end in sight. So decided to try out this strange Warframe game just to tide me over until Firefall got moving again. Haven't really looked back since.

Note that I'd heard of Warframe before I started Firefall, but I'd been scared off by some pretty heave PTW slander that implied Firefall was basically the "non-evil" version of Warframe. Go fig.  

Played it,the. I thought it was bad.That was around tethra's doom.(Why didn't I play that event to get the gorgon wraith D: ).Then I left the game.One day,I ran out of ideas on which game to play because I got very bored then suddenly the only game I haven't played in a long time was warframe.So,I joined the game and was amazed by the game (around update 13).Then started playing it and until now it's still my most played game.

Saw it on Steam when it first entered open beta. Took a look at the trailer and forgot about it (didn't know why but the artstyle seemed off for me at the time). Remembered it a year after and gave it go, never looked back on other FTP games.

>Wasting time on Youtube

> See an advertisement with 4 cool futuristic warriors (Rhino, Excalibur, Mag, Loki)

> Think 'I bet it's a S#&$ty browser game with S#&$ty graphic using cool banners to fool people, as always'

> Repeat it for 3 days

> Curiosity grows, decide to click on the banner

> An entire new world opens