Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So How Did You Guys Get Into Warframe?

OverlordMcGeek

I heard about it but didn't look too much into it. I thought it was a pure PvP game at first like Team Fortress where all you do is kill eachother but apparently not when I looked into it again when my friends were playing it all the time on Steam. Was around when Hydroid was the newest frame I believe.

I saw some ad while surfing on the net, watched the trailer, thought "It's nice but I'll need a better PC", signed in for beta (or maybe Alpha... don't even know), forgot about it. about year and a half later my pal asked me to play it(It was last days of Tethra's doom) and here I am!

Edited by Drejzer

I was just looking through the free games on Steam and it was close to the top and it looked cool. I downloaded it and didn't play it for a really long time (I thought the enemies looked absurd at the time). But once I started playing it I fell in love with the whole game :)

I only got into Warframe because I was scumming Steam for FTP online titles. I didn't even really care much until I read all the connections between WF and darkSector, which was one of the first X360 games I played. Plus, there's so few titles with acrobatics melded with gunplay that I can find.

I finally gave up on my old pc and decided it was time to "upgade" to quadcore and a gt630 (i know, i know, save the comments). I figured I could now run any game so started looking at all the f2p stuff on steam. Installed about six and Warframe was one of them.

Since I had just finished Spiral knights, the huge aresenal, the mats, the blueprints, the 4player coop, the damage types, the mission objectives, the rng, they all felt strangely familiar. So for me, it was Spiral with the coolness factor cranked up to max and on steroids.

Out of everyone I knew that started around the same time as myself, I'm the last one and just hit mastery rank 19 and 2300 steam hours. Once VR hits, I think I will begin the search again for the new "spiral knights".

Bought a PS4 for Planetside 2 back in July 2014 (I hardly play it now once it came out, lol), so in the mean time, I found this one game called Warframe. I said "Meh, I'll give it a go."

Initial thoughts:

* My inital draw that kept me in the game was the fact that I had guns AND a sword.

* I HATED the MK1 Braton. I mean a slow-firing weapon as a starter?

* I know this one is weird, but I was a little creeped out by the Crewman because they looked human and were speaking another language in a semi-robotic (cyborg?) tone.

* Ranking up (MR) felt rewarding because you actually had to pass a test to rank up, rather than just earn XP to level up in other games.

I played for a couple of months, then lost interest and went on a hiatus. Came back a while later, I'm inside my Liset, Ordis is making me listen to cosmic background radiation (It's a riot!), and these six Syndicates are vying for my allegiance. And here I am!

Edited by (PS4)ItsSerranoHD

I was actively looking for a beta at the time.

It was either this or some game that appears to have been scrapped since I can't remember it or heard of it to jog my memory.

got a notification on social media that DE was working on a new F2P game..

waited a couple months and they released a pre-alpha trailer..

it instantly got me hooked. i waited several more months till the time i could sign up for alpha and i did! now obviously when you sign up for a game when testing. usually you do it with 2 accounts or so! i did that exact thing tho for some reason my alt email got picked first at November time.

so at this point i decided to dig down and play test the game for a month or so. then its at this time my main got selected. around early December.. but never paid much attention to it as i had no need for it, then the time came when friends wanted to play! so i passed on my alt account and used my main, and thats when i invested into the game!

first hunter > Then > Master!

then 2013 happened and friends got board of the game so had no use for it so just closed my account!

btw was digging through some folders and founder a very old beta key xD > CBC1-2F42-EA1B-D079

-----:EDIT:-----

thinking of all these memories. its got me to look back at my emails :D and sure enough there is still a email archived!

wb1KQKR.png

it was at this time that i got in roughly early november!

Edited by DiBBz

I heard about it all over the net when it first came out, tried it, didn't like it, quits after an hour into the game.

>> 2 or 3 years later

Heard about it again through a forum which has a somewhat huge amount of people playing it with cool pictures and stuff to advertises it, finally convinced me to play again.

Been at it and in the clan that community created since then.

0:33 Original female excalibur turned into nyx xD

(vid above)

Edited by AlphaWolf003

My brother was subscribed to Skitscape on youtube (Minecraft youtuber as I recall) who put up a few warframe vids. He got into it and then I joined to see what all the fuss was about. I have logged in almost every day since then. 

About a year ago I built my first gaming PC. Because I was low on money afterwards, I looked around YouTube for F2P games and I eventually found

. After seeing the segment on Warframe, I decided to download and give it a try. Looking back on it, I'm so glad I found this game.

I was waiting for the discount week for The Order and wanted something to play until I purchased it. So scrolled through the free stuff to find something interesting to play. Came across the trailer for Warframe. Looked pretty cool and thought, "yeah, I could play this for a week while I wait". Little did I know just how much I would enjoy the game. Took a break from it the weekend I got The Order, but since then that game has been sitting on the shelf unplayed and Warframe has really become my only game currently.

I was looking for a fun casual F2P multiplayer to play with my son, who was 12 at the time, so loooked for something not too disturbing (yeah, IKR..). Downloaded a couple, we both liked Warframe, within a month we were Disciples, a month or so later we upgraded to Hunter (Or, I did, since I'm the one with money). 

In the mean time I've spend more on this game then on any other... all other games (last 2 years) combined. I still have to finish Deus Ex and Bioshock infinite. Haven't even touched Dishonored, FC3/FC4, SpecOps:the line, Metro: last light and a crapload of other games that are just sitting in a corner gathering dust.. Haven't even looked at the steam sales this year..

I blame DE. Because for all of it's faults, WF is STILL the best game (mechanically and visually) I've played since... Since systemshock really...