Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leave Ash And His Ability's Alone He Does Not Need Your Help

WernerShadow

The difference between all those other ults and something like Bladestorm or Peacemaker is that those other ones don't slap the controls out of your hand for an extended period of time while you're using them.

I guess the only other one I could think of that sort of fits the same issue that Bladestorm and Peacemaker have is maybe, sort of Banshee's ult. I suppose you have a point there. 

The difference between all those other ults and something like Bladestorm or Peacemaker is that those other ones don't slap the controls out of your hand for an extended period of time while you're using them.

But thats what I love about Ash Blade Storm , gives me time to sip on my coffee, and aim again before pressing 4 again.

I'm surprised everyone is more concerned about an Ash team utility rework instead of a direct fix to all the Blade Storm "gah /unstuck again!!!!" issues.

Edited by Souldend78

So judging by how you don't have at least a redirection in there, proves you either have never done difficult content with him, or when you do you just spam Bladestorm. Ash can't survive with only a vitality.

If you think redirection is a necessity, you've lost what little credibility you had. Lol.

If you think redirection is a necessity, you've lost what little credibility you had. Lol.

He kind of lost credibility a while ago.... He believes that enemies targeted by Ash's Blade Storm can't be damaged by teammates while I don't think that's necessarily the case, but that might just prove how much he plays Ash that he doesn't even know if his teammates can or cannot damage his targets since he's not the other person.

I still wish his and Mesa's 4th ability had more interactivity and player control. This thread has gotten really long and I can't read everybody's posts!

Edited by SicSlaver

He kind of lost credibility a while ago....

I still wish his and Mesa's 4th ability had more interactivity and player control. This thread has gotten really long and I can't read everybody's posts!

Same, I will defend Ash to the death, but I will also be one of the first people to say I'd love to see him get re-worked too, though to still keep the spirit of who he is and WHAT HE DOES. HE is a DESTROYER, one that scales up really high. Give me THAT, reworked to something more hands-on. I have a few ideas, but sharing them is as pointless as this thread. XD

Same, I will defend Ash to the death, but I will also be one of the first people to say I'd love to see him get re-worked too, though to still keep the spirit of who he is and WHAT HE DOES. HE is a DESTROYER, one that scales up really high. Give me THAT, reworked to something more hands-on. I have a few ideas, but sharing them is as pointless as this thread. XD

It's still fun to share ideas, which the OP of this very thread is against. Fun.

Always room for improvement. In my opinion, his first and 3 is dull and lame.

First ability isn't interesting at all. It's dull and barely anyone uses it, and even if they do, they rarely do.

Third ability, Loki already has this, even though the main difference is teleport to/switch position to, but similar enough, but doesn't have much uses later on in the game. But I can see people argue that we can use this for escape, but I'm going to be honest here, spinning forward with your weps is a better way to travel and faster and easier that this ability, plus, if you want to escape, there's that 2nd ability, which mind you, loki also has, and does a better job at it too.

I hope they do a rework for all the frames. Especially Nekros, I don't want a reaper that is only useful in most cases and as a trash doubler. I hope they rework his model too.

Always room for improvement. In my opinion, his first and 3 is dull and lame.

First ability isn't interesting at all. It's dull and barely anyone uses it, and even if they do, they rarely do. Aug reduces armor, good bleed proc.

Third ability, Loki already has this, even though the main difference is teleport to/switch position to, but similar enough, but doesn't have much uses later on in the game. But I can see people argue that we can use this for escape, but I'm going to be honest here, spinning forward with your weps is a better way to travel and faster and easier that this ability, plus, if you want to escape, there's that 2nd ability, which mind you, loki also has, and does a better job at it too.

3rd is lets you do a finisher on an enemy.

2nd stuns enemies also unlike loki's and has an aug where he cloaks close allies.

I hope they do a rework for all the frames. Especially Nekros, I don't want a reaper that is only useful in most cases and as a trash doubler. I hope they rework his model too.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

He kind of lost credibility a while ago.... He believes that enemies targeted by Ash's Blade Storm can't be damaged by teammates while I don't think that's necessarily the case, but that might just prove how much he plays Ash that he doesn't even know if his teammates can or cannot damage his targets since he's not the other person.

Enemies being attacked by Bladestorm cannot be damaged by anything outside of Ash. I don't know why you'd suggest I'm wrong if you don't even know what's right. Are you going by the law of people claiming Ash is great because of his on-paper-DPS?

Enemies being attacked by Bladestorm cannot be damaged by anything outside of Ash. I don't know why you'd suggest I'm wrong if you don't even know what's right. Are you going by the law of people claiming Ash is great because of his on-paper-DPS?

I think that was changed on PC. I'm not entirely sure, as I don't pay the patch notes that much attention.

First page of this topic was hilarious.

"Ash can't kill level 90 enemies!"

"Yes he can."

"Excuse me, level 160 enemies have too much health for his ult!"

What? I said, Ash can barely kill level 90 enemies. Someone said they soloed 90 minutes with just Bladestorm, and 90 minutes is roughly level 160 enemies. So what's your point?

My build on ash is

Vitality, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Blind rage, Intensify, Seeking Shuriken, Primed Continuity and Stretch.

I survive with vitality alone, never needed redirection really. I use seeking shuriken for armor removal, and I also use teleport a lot to heavy enemies to perform finisher attacks. It's hella fun. You actually don't need to spam Blade Storm because I get about 6~7 seconds on Smoke Screen, which is more than enough to get away from enemies. You really don't need much duration on invisibility and rely on it.

My build on ash is

Vitality, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Blind rage, Intensify, Seeking Shuriken, Primed Continuity and Stretch.

I survive with vitality alone, never needed redirection really. I use seeking shuriken for armor removal, and I also use teleport a lot to heavy enemies to perform finisher attacks. It's hella fun. You actually don't need to spam Blade Storm because I get about 6~7 seconds on Smoke Screen, which is more than enough to get away from enemies. You really don't need much duration on invisibility and rely on it.

That's why I build for lifestrike. If you teleport into a bombard and finish him, you get full health back along with I-frames. Teleport is a good skill but takes too much effort to pull off consistently. I did notice they increased the hitbox for activating BS and teleport which is a nice buff.

-His #1 skill could use better tracking, I feel like those things purposely fly into walls when I clearly have a LoS on the enemy half the time

-Finisher animations could use some smoother transitioning (more of a melee thing than a teleport thing though)

-The camera for his 4# ability is sickening

Those are his only issues though. Otherwise I think he's a pretty solid frame.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

If only his teleport ability would have some "use" because I can't see it as a good ability.Maybe an augment can make it better.

I can take down any heavy enemies with it because they get stunned for a little, and they're open for finisher attacks. While you're in finisher attack animation, you're invulnerable. You can follow that up with another teleport or smokescreen or blade storm or air melee your way out.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

-His #1 skill could use better tracking, I feel like those things purposely fly into walls when I clearly have a LoS on the enemy half the time

-Finisher animations could use some smoother transitioning (more of a melee thing than a teleport thing though)

-The camera for his 4# ability is sickening

Those are his only issues though. Otherwise I think he's a pretty solid frame.

Yeah those problems are pretty much, in general, Warframe's problem. It's the problem of having highly action packed game with some bad tilesets and clunky animations. I hope finisher attacks also get some change in movement overhaul but maybe it won't be yet...

I can take down any heavy enemies with it because they get stunned for a little, and they're open for finisher attacks. While you're in finisher attack animation, you're invulnerable. You can follow that up with another teleport or smokescreen or blade storm or air melee your way out.

Still, it would be nice if perhaps it had innate lifestrike? So you don't have to use extra energy or have lifestrike on your weapon? That would be a worthwhile modification.

Still, it would be nice if perhaps it had innate lifestrike? So you don't have to use extra energy or have lifestrike on your weapon? That would be a worthwhile modification.

That's a good idea for teleport augment. When I play ash, I really do need that health back from enemies when I melee them. 

That's a good idea for teleport augment. When I play ash, I really do need that health back from enemies when I melee them. 

What if the augment gave some of the lifesteal back to the squad at large as well? That would give him some more utility with his augments to help the squad. Then let us actually increase the range of Smoke Shadow augment with range mods. 

What if the augment gave some of the lifesteal back to the squad at large as well? That would give him some more utility with his augments to help the squad. Then let us actually increase the range of Smoke Shadow augment with range mods.

Eh. That would probably cross into Trinity's role too much, so if they did add your idea in, they would probably nerf it to uselessness to avoid the Trinity fan rage.