Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leave Ash And His Ability's Alone He Does Not Need Your Help

WernerShadow

The stun on his 2 is enough CC in my opnion

I agree. The only real change I'd like for Smokescreen is for the augment. I'd like the range of the augment to scale with power range so it would be easier to actually make our allies invisible along with us -- as it stands they have to be almost right next to Ash. 

Nice. But Mesa would have x4 corrosive projections, and 3 teammates helping her shoot. While Ash is doing all that damage to those 95 bombards and gunners, he's preventing his team from shooting them... So in a situation where a team of 4 has an Ash or Mesa, the Mesa squad would kill them faster. In the situation that you're actually "crazy" enough to bring a peacemaker or Bladestorm build if you're planning on going to that high of a level content. You'd bring a smokescreen build or a shooting gallery build.

1. There are many players in t3d that don't bring cp. Join random t3d and see for yourself. Just in case, saying "don't join randoms", "only play with dedicated team" is not a good counter argument.

2. "3 Teammates help her shoot" I'm trying to show you Mesa's pacemaker alone compared to Bladestorm. 3 teammates can help ash clear the room faster, too.

Now Look, I'm not saying that Ash is better than Mesa in all aspects of the game, but you clearly haven't played Ash long/good/properly enough after seeing your replies on the first 2 pages.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

Post Rising Storm Duration build :^)

Hey I missed this earlier. This build may not be to some people's liking, but it works well for me. I usually use Vitality, Rising Storm, Intensify, R7 Blind Rage, R7 Narrow Minded, Stretch, Streamline and R5 Fleeting Expertise. It may sound strange, idk, but it works for me. I wish I could fit flow in there, but it isn't really needed and I don't have space. Fleeting and Streamline give me 50% efficiency despite Blind Rage. I keep it at R7 only because his ability scales so well anyway with the melee combo multiplier etc, and I still want his efficiency to be good enough. Stretch to balance out the loss from Narrow Minded, and only R7 so I only lose 3% range. This, despite Fleeting at max, still gives me +12% duration, which in my opinion is more than enough with the extra that Rising Storm adds to the table. The problem is most Ash Bladestorm builds go negative duration which kind of ruins the point of Rising Storm, this ensures my Rising Storm actually has a little extra duration, and gives me nine seconds on my Smokescreen, which is more than enough. Considering how well Rising Storm makes it scale Blind Rage may not exactly be necessary in the long run -- so maybe that could be replaced with Continuity/Primed Continuity for even more duration (if you did this I guess you'd only want an R4 Fleeting and Streamline), and just rely on the multiplier to get the damage super high instead of relying so much on damage mods. Of course, some people may find this totally contrary to their playstyle, I just have my own way of doing things. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1. There are many players in t3d that don't bring cp. Join random t3d and see for yourself. Just in case, saying "don't join randoms", "only play with dedicated team" is not a good counter argument.

2. "3 Teammates help her shoot" I'm trying to show you Mesa's pacemaker alone compared to Bladestorm. 3 teammates can help ash clear the room faster, too.

Now Look, I'm not saying that Ash is better than Mesa in all aspects of the game, but you clearly haven't played Ash long/good/properly enough after seeing your replies on the first 2 pages.

How is shooting going to help Ash clear a room? Ash takes two minutes to do it, and his teammates can't shoot BS'd enemies, not to mention, when are you facing level 95 enemies in a T3D with no corrosive projections and with randoms? If you're going that far you'll bring corrosive projections. Please explain to me how my posts provide you the information that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

You killed those gunners. Clap clap. How long did it take? Ash is a solo frame right now. As expected, he's pretty good solo. But if this game is a squad shooter, why does Ash bring nothing good to a squad other than damage when a banshee alone can bring more damage, and significantly more utility.

Edited by (XB1)Spartan Cook

Hey I missed this earlier. This build may not be to some people's liking, but it works well for me. I usually use Vitality, Rising Storm, Intensify, R7 Blind Rage, R7 Narrow Minded, Stretch, Streamline and R5 Fleeting Expertise. It may sound strange, idk, but it works for me. I wish I could fit flow in there, but it isn't really needed and I don't have space. Fleeting and Streamline give me 50% efficiency despite Blind Rage. I keep it at R7 only because his ability scales so well anyway with the melee combo multiplier etc, and I still want his efficiency to be good enough. Stretch to balance out the loss from Narrow Minded, and only R7 so I only lose 3% range. This, despite Fleeting at max, still gives me +12% duration, which in my opinion is more than enough with the extra that Rising Storm adds to the table. The problem is most Ash Bladestorm builds go negative duration which kind of ruins the point of Rising Storm, this ensures my Rising Storm actually has a little extra duration, and gives me nine seconds on my Smokescreen, which is more than enough. Considering how well Rising Storm makes it scale Blind Rage may not exactly be necessary in the long run -- so maybe that could be replaced with Continuity/Primed Continuity for even more duration (if you did this I guess you'd only want an R4 Fleeting and Streamline), and just rely on the multiplier to get the damage super high instead of relying so much on damage mods. Of course, some people may find this totally contrary to their playstyle, I just have my own way of doing things.

So judging by how you don't have at least a redirection in there, proves you either have never done difficult content with him, or when you do you just spam Bladestorm. Ash can't survive with only a vitality.

How is shooting going to help Ash clear a room? Ash takes two minutes to do it, and his teammates can't shoot BS'd enemies, not to mention, when are you facing level 95 enemies in a T3D with no corrosive projections and with randoms? If you're going that far you'll bring corrosive projections. Please explain to me how my posts provide you the information that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

You killed those gunners. Clap clap. How long did it take? Ash is a solo frame right now. As expected, he's pretty good solo. But if this game is a squad shooter, why does Ash bring nothing good to a squad other than damage when a banshee alone can bring more damage, and significantly more utility.

"Leave him as trash, leave him as a low level frame and useless in the endgame". I have 300 in mission hours on Ash, and he's trash. His amazing Bladestorm ability is pretty terrible against level 90 enemies"

"2000 damage at base? It takes like 30 seconds to perform some times.

I can do 20k with a single dread shot."

"Armour barely scales, while health does. So again, it doesn't do much for how long it takes to kill. The slash procs take forever and you'll die before they do if you plan on waiting for them to die from slash damage, lol."

"I love when people try to tell me how to play Ash, when I spent $90 on my first PA to get his PROFILE PICTURE..."

"Mesa can clear a room in a second with her peacemakers, while it would take Ash 30."

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

So judging by how you don't have at least a redirection in there, proves you either have never done difficult content with him, or when you do you just spam Bladestorm. Ash can't survive with only a vitality.

If you think Ash requires Redirection and Vitality to survive high level then I don't know what to tell you... wow. 

You keep saying absurd things about Ash, while claiming to love him, someone proves you wrong, and then you shift the goal posts and make your argument about something else. But iBoiz already documented that very well, so I won't get into that. \

And if you really think that buying a profile pic makes you more qualified to talk about Ash, well, let's just say I really hope you aren't being serious, because that's a seriously silly thing to say or think. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I didn't want to interfere, but.... that was kind of dumb. Ash amongst with saryn has the highest health pool, i recommend you trying to use max vitality, replace redirection with rage and bring a melee weapon with life strike, if you are not a noob you cannot die with this setup. And if you want to give me an argument it must be good, because the most difficult content is T4 40+ minutes right now, and i was able to solo that just with vitality and no redirection.

Lol no frame would need Redirection, or even Vitality for that matter at really high levels. :facepalm:

And btw you having XB1 tag has no effect on why people are replying. You simply make many false claims and think you are right.

Edited by osuman

I love when people try to tell me how to play Ash, when I spent $90 on my first PA to get his PROFILE PICTURE...

I tried to just read everything but this....this just stood out to me. Why was this even brought up? You paid 90 to buy a pic and that somehow makes you the leading expert in said subject? By that logic, anyone who buys a Ferrari is a ferrari enthusiast savant, aka I paid a lot of money for this so I know what i'm talking about~

Is that the only post you read? I'm glad because it's pretty irrelevant and not intended to be serious. But I'm glad you wrote a paragraph about it, meanwhile you bought it too.

But I'm glad you think me owning a profile picture makes me superiour to people without it.

That isn't the only post I've read from you. Like I said, you simply denied of the facts. That very sentence I quoted was just one of the things I've read, and it's just ridiculous to me since you said it after all, without any hint of sarcasm. Don't expect me to be taking it lightly if you wrote such a thing.

My reason for buying Prime Access is clearly different from yours, judging by how you talked here. I just support DE in developing the game I enjoy and I have the money to support it.

How about commenting on my other points? Maybe you find it interesting at least? Ash is just fine, I ran T4 Survival 40 minutes today with most damage and kills, not to mention rarely going down. He is very good, and other frames need rework earlier than ash does, if ash does need it at all.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

That isn't the only post I've read from you. Like I said, you simply denied of the facts. That very sentence I quoted was just one of the things I've read, and it's just ridiculous to me since you said it after all, without any hint of sarcasm. Don't expect me to be taking it lightly if you wrote such a thing.

My reason for buying Prime Access is clearly different from yours, judging by how you talked here. I just support DE in developing the game I enjoy and I have the money to support it.

How about commenting on my other points? Maybe you find it interesting at least? Ash is just fine, I ran T4 Survival 40 minutes today with most damage and kills, not to mention rarely going down. He is very good, and other frames need rework earlier than ash does, if ash does need it at all.

I consistently solo T4 survivals with Ash, too. I still have 150 keys left, that doesn't disregard Ash is undeniably bad for squad play. Like I said, if you want damage you can just bring a Banshee, or a Nova. They'll provide you with CC, damage, and utility. Ash is a one trick pony, that is boring. I loved Ash when there was no end game, but now that there's more variety, he's less then desirable. That, again, doesn't negate the fact that I still enjoy him.

I don't take anything on the forums seriously, that's how you survive.

I consistently solo T4 survivals with Ash, too. I still have 150 keys left, that doesn't disregard Ash is undeniably bad for squad play. Like I said, if you want damage you can just bring a Banshee, or a Nova. They'll provide you with CC, damage, and utility. Ash is a one trick pony, that is boring. I loved Ash when there was no end game, but now that there's more variety, he's less then desirable. That, again, doesn't negate the fact that I still enjoy him.

So now your problem is his synergy with team? There are many frames that don't go along with coop, let alone survive on their own. You can't expect frames to be made for coop for all your liking. I keep telling you, there's other frames that can't even do what ash can, that is killing and be relevant in that regard at the least.

Also, it looks like to me you don't like to be held responsible for things you say. How can you not expect a response with what you wrote?

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

Some Ashes in this thread are I think misinterpreting the OP. The OP is ranting a bit, but I don't think he is against Ash ever being touched at all, he just don't want an actual rework -- he thinks that would be too drastic, and many Ash players clearly agree with that. 

I don't think any Ash would reject a few tweaks, but I want tweaks, not a rework that drastically changes the functionality of any of his abilities. Maybe some of his abilities could stand to be buffed slightly, but I don't want him "reworked".

Exactly i all for a few tweaks would love the blade storm void floor glitch fixed so i dont die 2-3 times every run from falling through the floor but i dont want him changed like excal was

Look at the test me and marpro15 did with Ash and excal they have some special synergy going on with excals radial finisher

Not in this way check my other post about the ash and excal combo

I did. Pretty interesting stuff. :)

So now your problem is his synergy with team? There are many frames that don't go along with coop, let alone survive on their own. You can't expect frames to be made for coop for all your liking. I keep telling you, there's other frames that can't even do what ash can, that is killing and be relevant in that regard at the least.

Also, it looks like to me you don't like to be held responsible for things you say. How can you not expect an response with what you wrote?

At first I argued that his BS needs to be modified, because it's just auto pilot and isn't as good for team play. And then I argued that he's not good within a squad when compared to other high damage frames.

What response did I write? The profile picture one? How do you even take that seriously to begin with? I could've sworn I wrote it for pure humour.

I also combat stupid posts with stupid replies. You can probably tell I'm being intelligent right now, because you offered me an intelligent question.

Edited by (XB1)Spartan Cook

Alright...

"90+ minutes in a T4 survival. Level 160 heavy gunners have over 345,000 health. This isn't counting Eximus type heavy gunners(1 spawns with every group) which have over 600,000 health and Nullifiers. A max power bladestorm with 3x melee combo, which Nullifiers WILL interrupt your combo counters, only does roughly 50-60k including bleed damage.

Throwing out arbitrary numbers just because you think they 'feel' right isn't truth, its misleading. And you would get away with it too, since most people will never go that long. Much less with Ash; but anyone who has been that long with any frame will know what ridiculous bullet sponges everything becomes past level 90. And how it takes focus-fire headshots from 2-3 squad members to bring down one eximus at level 150+."

Don't even tell me how to play Ash if you're going to tell me to spam 4, when a SS build is significantly better.

Also, don't tell me "no one goes past 90 minutes", I used to consistently go to 3 hours before the game began to be unplayable with all the bugs on console.

You're not actually supposed to be able to go past 40 minutes. Things that allow you to do that = things that will get nerfed as game nears full release. You go to 90, but you're not supposed to. Like I remember you could go outside of map and become invincible in Killzone 2 for a while. Then they patched it and it became impossible.

In other words, 40 minutes is the balance point. Ash doesn't need a buff, some other stuff needs nerfs.

At first I argued that his BS needs to be modified, because it's just auto pilot and isn't as good for team play. And then I argued that he's not good within a squad when compared to other high damage frames.

What response did I write? The profile picture one? How do you even take that seriously to begin with? I could've sworn I wrote it for pure humour.

I also combat stupid posts with stupid replies. You can probably tell I'm being intelligent right now, because you offered me an intelligent question.

Fair enough with the replies, but your focus is all about defending your stance of things here, ignoring all of my points about ash's viability actually outclassing other frames that really desperately need.

You are not being intelligent for sure for what you keep arguing. My focus was on how he doesn't need it as much as others do.

:Starts the whole argument by writing stupid posts:

"I also combat stupid posts with stupid replies. You can probably tell I'm being intelligent right now." :facepalm:

Edited by osuman