Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis Buff Due To Upcoming Sword And Board Stance

Petrol-EN-

Let's be honest, Silva & Aegis look really really cool, but it's damage isn't impressive at all, it has only 35 base damage which is very low, i really think DE should buff this weapon to at least 50-55 base damage.
What are your opinions guys? :)

Ignis has 10 damage. :|

And is also a gun with infinite punch through in its range. The silva and aegis is just a glorified sword with some nice animation that doesn't do anything special, or have enough damage to perform at anything but the low-mid tier.

And is also a gun with infinite punch through in its range. The silva and aegis is just a glorified sword with some nice animation that doesn't do anything special, or have enough damage to perform at anything but the low-mid tier.

Not true, with Eleventh Storm, Silva and Aegis have much more fluid, mobile combat at their disposal than a sword. Buff the damage to a PROPER amount and I'd use Silva and Aegis over literally any one sword. Hands down.

What I would really like to see done with the weapon, is to allow the shield to be thrown like a glaive weapon at any time and let it be modded with glaive mods. The unique trait would be that since you still have the sword in you hand, you could also continue with melee attacks while your shield is flying around. I don't think this would be op, since the use of glaive mods to augment the shield throw would take the place of mods that you would otherwise use for straight damage increase. And if that's not enough, you could also remove the ability to block while the shield has been thrown out.

If not that, then I would ask that future stances utilize shield bashes, swipes, charges, and chops a lot more than Eleventh Storm seems to. Currently I can't tell if the shield is used at all. To clarify, the shield is what differentiates the weapon from every other "just sword" weapon in the game. To just leave it hanging off the arm as decoration, pretty much negates the whole purpose of the new weapon type. You could just add a "shield" cosmetic item that players could attach to their arms, and have the same effect.

Edited by Ryme

well they did say on a past stream they would buff it when they also made the new one. however I doubt they even remember that and it will be another promise that will never come through

Pretty much that. Remember the whole "we'll complete the left incomplete stances over the time before introducing new ones" thing? The last stance to receive anything was Cleaving Whirlwind, and since then, more than a year has passed.

A good start would be decreasing the blocking stamina cost. IIRC it costs more to block with this weapon than it does with a sword.

That is the exact opposite of what the Wiki says the weapon does.

"Upon its release, the Silva and Aegis featured the same amount of stamina consumption as all melee weapons, which spawned negative feedback regarding the shield's usefulness. The weapon has since received a stealth-buff that gave it significantly decreased stamina consumption on blocking." - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Silva_%26_Aegis

Also, since they're removing stamina, this won't even matter soon.

Edited by Ryme

Ranged attacks in the combo and a high status chance with no physical damage to clog it up? It's not a pure damage weapon, but it's fine.

Ranged attack*. Singular. And have you ever tried to hit anything with that attack? It's range is terrible, it's at the end of a combo chain, and since the weapon deals such little damage, you're better off running up to whatever you're trying to hit and attacking it several times than going for the shield throw.

Not true, with Eleventh Storm, Silva and Aegis have much more fluid, mobile combat at their disposal than a sword. Buff the damage to a PROPER amount and I'd use Silva and Aegis over literally any one sword. Hands down.

I use it because the shield looks badass when I use Exalted Blade on my Excal Prime.

Ranged attack*. Singular. And have you ever tried to hit anything with that attack? It's range is terrible, it's at the end of a combo chain, and since the weapon deals such little damage, you're better off running up to whatever you're trying to hit and attacking it several times than going for the shield throw.

I can hit just fine with those attacks, thanks for your concern though. As I said before, the damage is low, but it's not all about the damage. Reliable melee radiation proc when in a pinch? Sounds good to me.

Silva and Aegis isn't a top tier weapon, I'm well aware, but it does its job and then some. Not everything has to be about damage. I'd rather have a few weapons with different uses than the rest, than a bunch of clones all with the same role: damage.

Edited by ChameleonDude

I can hit just fine with those attacks, thanks for your concern though. As I said before, the damage is low, but it's not all about the damage. Reliable melee radiation proc when in a pinch? Sounds good to me.

Silva and Aegis isn't a top tier weapon, I'm well aware, but it does its job and then some. Not everything has to be about damage. I'd rather have a few weapons with different uses than the rest, than a bunch of clones all with the same role: damage.

I was under the impression that the purpose of a weapon is to kill enemies. Hence the damage part is kinda important. Sure, you can balance that with some CC but SA certainly is not a good CC weapon either. Oh boy... radiation proc, now I'm saved. All the while Jat Kittag sends half the room flying AND does significantly more damage while doing so. Oh, and it's also a reseach weapon so it's even the same general "tier".

But that is all a moot point as certain frames freeze entire rooms every 2 seconds. Because that is what you bring when you need CC. In a situation where you absolutely, positively need CC is where SA would do absolutely nothing to prevent you from dying horribly. If you're in a "pinch" that SA can get you out of then you're just playng around really. Which is fine, I like to play around with various weapons, that doesn't make them balanced though.

I'm wondering exactly what is the deal with the people that consistently deny that some weapons are UP. What is your deal? What do you hope to achieve? So that the weapon will not get buffed? How will that benefit anybody... you, others, anyone really?

And surely buffing the damage would not make the weapon less fun or take away from it's "amazing" CC ability right? Buffing the damage to 50-ish would hardly dethrone Scindo Prime now would it? Or maybe fixing the bugs/hit detection... I'm looking at you ground finisher that still doesn't work properly.

A weapon that is almost made for blast damage with ground finisher failing to hit half the time... am I the only one seeing the irony in this?

Oh and the slide attack has half-assed animation which is copied straight from the longsword one... as evidenced by your frame sheating the blade on the back. I could really go on and on about how SA is a disgrace of game design and half-assed to n-th degree. I won't... but I could. This weapon is fine... yeah right. And I say all this as someone who has triple formad the thing.

Edited by LocoWithGun