Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Deep Question) What Is Your Ultimate Goal In Life?

Lord-Taco-the-Great

There are no goals in life no matter what you do you will inevitably Die and your goals forgotten in time, until your very existence is lost to the ones you called friends,family, and loved ones. 

Jk i want to be a modeller and one day Mynki senpai will notice me

Edited by Crucifix

Marry my girlfriend, have a job I actually enjoy, have many kids and grandkids, and to live long and die of old age.

If I get half of these I'll consider myself lucky already.

Also, my answer is probably the most serious and boring in this thread.

I have yet to find an answer to that question. 

To attempt to answer that question places goals, but limits. 

The scope of my opportunities I won't let be limited by simple mental blocks.

deep yo, i continue to be impressed by Devoid =]

Die. I am a failure in every aspect, and so it makes the only perfect sense.

Except I'm a failure and can't even do that right.

Well, I think failing is what makes us want to keep trying. If you don't succeed, try and try again. There's a reason why that statement holds some modicum of truth in our existence. I'm pretty much in your exact position bud. Just some advice. Find something that you love, and stick by it. It's fine if you fail at it as well. Just keep doing what you love. It's how you can make failures matter less and less. It'll probably be tough for a while, but you'll get there sooner than later.

To answer the OP. My ultimate goal...is quite complex, and quite simple at the same time. For one, I wish to try and be the best I can possibly be, while staying absolutely and irrevocably true to myself and my principles. I won't consider being shunned by those I love for being who I am to be a failure, but I'd be lying to say that it would not hurt. So yeah, facet one of my ultimate goal is self betterment. 

Facet 2, is simply for me to try and make the lives of those around me more meaningful, so as to gain some meaning for my own torment. If I can make the lives of those around me better if it means throwing my own under the bus, so to speak, I'd be fine with it.

Facet 3, well, I want to be able to mean something in the lives of those I consider near and dear. A memory, a name, whatever I can share that would make them remember me if I do go under. It might seem vain, but it's a desire to be recognized and remembered by the few people I want to care about. 

Those three would be what I consider to be my ultimate goals.

Experience everything possible before I no longer exist in this world. Pleasure, pain, excitement, boredom- everything. I personally believe that the greatest gift we have as an "existence" is "experiences", so I want to make the most of them while I can. That being said if I could become truly immortal where I could exist forever I would take that opportunity in a heartbeat. Even if everything in the universe is experienced and nothing but you remains, who is to say there's no chance more unseen experiences won't appear before you at some point- not to mention that the lack of anything else is an experience in itself.

At this point in my life the previous paragraph is my current "goal" in life. In the past it was as simple as "being happy", but I realized that I want much more than that. Not just happiness for myself but for everyone possible. Naturally though such a utopia is theoretically impossible based on our current reasoning, understanding, technology, and society so I never chose to aim for that specifically.

Edited by Stratego89