Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of 10 What Do You Think Of U17 So Far?

warpath514

Parkour 2.0: It takes some getting used to, but once you know the kinks you can still travel at high speeds. It does need some tweaking and bugfixing though. (Looking at you random direction bulletjump)   8/10

New weapons: Tried them all except the Flak Cannon and Ack and Brunt. Nothing negative here, they all work how they're supposed to and are neither OP nor UP. Kind of meh that Harpak is Paracyst 2.0, with the exact same mechanics but better stats.   9/10

Sharkwing: I don't hate Archwing, quite the opposite, I find that it can be fun. What Archwing lacks is mission type diversity, but Sharkwing doesn't fix that. It's very hard to make out anything underwater and navigation is hell. There are many improvements to be made here.   5/10

Exilus slots: It's nice that we finally have a slot solely for utility mods. The only thing to complain about here is that the BP is not reusable, otherwise it's a nice addition.   9/10

Equinox: Not really my type of frame, but I think it's well made. The grind can be frustrating though with 8 parts cramped on a single boss.   9/10

Natah: Awesome quest with awesome lore. Many jaw-dropping moments were had.   9.5/10; -0.5 for RNG trigger

Kubrows: Not really a fan of them, but I think the incubator module is nice. I don't have the retriever yet so no comment there. (No rating here)

Tyl Regor: Awesome lines again and interesting boss fight mechanics. Encountered very few bugs (if there were any they were from Sharkwing). 9.5/10

Shotgun buff: Very nice. They actually feel like real powerhouses now. Although I feel some shotguns like Boar (Prime) may need further tweaking. 9/10

Overall I'd give it an 8.5/10. So far it's been very enjoyable for me with only a few minor bugs and annoyances.

I find it interesting you list the equinox grind as a negative but consider the utility slot which pretty much completely eclipses the equinox in grind a positive.

I included the cost of utility slots in the negative list too, though? It was the last thing on the list.

9/10

My favorite update yet. 

FIVE Grineer weapons. Improved movement (100% more fluid and faster imo). A boss that feels like a boss (comparing). An awesome quest. Sweet new mods. 

There are some buggy things with the whole sharkwing component, but it's very easy for myself to overlook them. 

8/10

Best update

Greatest parkour system in the history of ever, suits my playstyle completely. Bullet jump is bae.

CAPES

FLIPPIN CAPES

SO SWOOSHY

YES

And weps and all the other things added its all beautiful and I love it all hellahyeah

Aside from a couple of bugs

But im sure that's gonna be sorted out or explained sometime

The harpak is great and all but i mean it has a burst fire and it has a alt fire that pulls enemys to you it would been cool if the alt fire would been a power shot that when though the mobs and the main fire would been auto fire. But it is better than the paracyst though but i feel like the alt fire needs to be some thing different just saying

Edited by junkbot2014

8/10

Needs more refining and performance increase tweaks, then it would be a 9. Underwater tile set is still laggy for low end machines. (Tiny bit better than the trial version of it though.)

Parkour 2.0 is my favorite out of all of it I can move quicker and control more than the old broke system.

3/10

Parkour 2.0 while interesting doesn't actually add to anything since absolutely no modes/missions require it, nor does it make killing enemies more efficient. Down to brass tacks i just sprint and tap slide now and still get further then 70% of my team mates and i have no reason whatsoever to use wall latch or jump off of enemies.

Capes have horrendous clipping issues with weapons while my other syandanas curve and wrap around them. The whole invisible holstered weapon thing is not a fix, just a lazy way to ignore something aesthetically broken. (also, why are all the capes attached below the shoulder blades? i would prefer a cape attached at the nape of the neck.)

Can't talk about new quest as it's locked behind RNG and i have yet to see the drone that starts it. That said, locking the quest behind RNG takes 5 points off.

Having a new companion that can only fetch one item at a time does nothing to make me want to switch from using Carrier/Helios. And hunting the new incubator item does not alleviate the lack of utility most Kubrows have.

Archwing has essentially become mandatory and is still insanely time consuming to level compared to frames and weapons. I pulled Itzal out of foundry a month ago. I maxed 2 sets of archwing weapons yet still odonata is still only lvl 27. In that same time period i formaed Phage 3 times, Amprex 4 times and Mirage twice. (oh, and Archwing is still based on 2D movement, so i don't get the feeling of actually flying in weightless space with the constant "feeling" of there being an "up" and "down")

For the alt fire weapon aiming, i don't know how to map that to my game pad and i'm curious to see how PS4/XB1 handles it.

My setup is garbage so the screen archer gear item is of no use to me as well.

EDIT: DE removed Archwing barrel roll. So now we don't even have Star Fox reference anymore.

Edited by ChikTikka

3/10

Parkour 2.0 while interesting doesn't actually add to anything since absolutely no modes/missions require it, nor does it make killing enemies more efficient. Down to brass tacks i just sprint and tap slide now and still get further then 70% of my team mates and i have no reason whatsoever to use wall latch or jump off of enemies.

Capes have horrendous clipping issues with weapons while my other syandanas curve and wrap around them. The whole invisible holstered weapon thing is not a fix, just a lazy way to ignore something aesthetically broken. (also, why are all the capes attached below the shoulder blades? i would prefer a cape attached at the nape of the neck.)

Can't talk about new quest as it's locked behind RNG and i have yet to see the drone that starts it. That said, locking the quest behind RNG takes 5 points off.

Having a new companion that can only fetch one item at a time does nothing to make me want to switch from using Carrier/Helios. And hunting the new incubator item does not alleviate the lack of utility most Kubrows have.

Archwing has essentially become mandatory and is still insanely time consuming to level compared to frames and weapons. I pulled Itzal out of foundry a month ago. I maxed 2 sets of archwing weapons yet still odonata is still only lvl 27. In that same time period i formaed Phage 3 times, Amprex 4 times and Mirage twice. (oh, and Archwing is still based on 2D movement, so i don't get the feeling of actually flying in weightless space with the constant "feeling" of there being an "up" and "down")

For the alt fire weapon aiming, i don't know how to map that to my game pad and i'm curious to see how PS4/XB1 handles it.

My setup is garbage so the screen archer gear item is of no use to me as well.

EDIT: DE removed Archwing barrel roll. So now we don't even have Star Fox reference anymore.

Just another angry reviewer driven by hatred. People won't stop crying and cover their senses.

5 points off for making quest rng is just laughable, considering how good the quest is. You'll get it eventually, unless you're one of those players who don't care and rush through things so hard and overlook the drone.

How is parkour not used in any missions? I use them so constantly, especially the aim gliding. The enemy accuracy on you is reduced when you aim glide, and it's actually fun killing enemies mid air. It adds more variety in gameplay. It's not the matter of necessity or not. It's about making gameplay more fun. If you refuse to use the new parkour 2.0, then you're at your own loss.

DE did a pretty good job making archwing not 100% necessary too. Sure, you do need it to move around in some spawn points, but that's about it. Basically didn't use any of the weapons seriously. And Tyl Regor fight too, the fight is designed so that you have to avoid being pushed into the water too. The archwing raid is the one that'll make us need archwing weapons.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

I used to get hyped for updates and then came back to play through the new stuff. 

Now I dont do that anymore.

warframe will stay this husk of a game, something that could have been. all the new pain and shiny stickers wont do a thing.

I understand where you're coming from, since the devs aren't like major companies with thousands of employees and can make this game as huge and perfect as you'd want it to be.

Probably your expectations were too high. This is a game developed by such a small company.

8/10 for me. It feels like a brand new game with the new movement system being utilized. It needs a bit of polish, like bullet jump veering you off to the right sometimes. I'm slowly training my muscle memory not to copter. The only thing I miss is directional melee.

The new tileset is AMAZING. I loved it when we had the tubemen event and it's even better now.

The capes rock.

The new weapons are awesome.

The new kubrow sucks, mastery fodder away!

The sharkwing is terrible, it's nice to see it working, but it's pretty underwhelming as a whole. I really dislike archwing, and was trying to keep an open mind about it. It still feels like garbage to play and is just mastery fodder for me. I really want to like arch/sharking but I just can't get over the negatives.

I was also disappointed not to see the raid in 17.

Sorry but u17 is just terrible. Obviously i love all the perks it comes, but with the insane number of bugs, it's so not worth it. Actually if it were only bugs it'd be at least tolerable, but my smooth game play from u16 is no longer. Performance has been terrible (although i'm guessing you 100+ fps guys won't notice a thing). The only good thing about this update is parkour 2.0.

Edited by ShawnV2

Sorry but u17 is just terrible. Obviously i love all the perks it comes, but with the insane number of bugs, it's so not worth it. Actually if it were only bugs it'd be at least tolerable, but my smooth game play from u16 is no longer. Performance has been terrible (although i'm guessing you 100+ fps guys won't notice a thing). The only good thing about this update is parkour 2.0.

Honestly didn't find any seriously gameplay crippling bug for me. Care to share? I'd say the update was totally worth it. What bugs really put you off? Is it the archwing in water? They do need some serious look soon, but overall the update is 100% worth it.

Honestly didn't find any seriously gameplay crippling bug for me. Care to share? I'd say the update was totally worth it. What bugs really put you off? Is it the archwing in water? They do need some serious look soon, but overall the update is 100% worth it.

You haven't seen the u17 bug report megathread? So far it's 21 pages of bugs and still going strong. Some of them are actually pretty hilarious lol.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/498484-u17-bug-report-megathread/page-21

Edited by ShawnV2

You haven't seen the u17 bug report megathread? So far it's 21 pages of bugs and still going strong.

You haven't answered me right. What's the game play crippling bug that put you off? I know there will be tons of bugs all the time, but 21+ pages of bugs don't really mean anything if I'm playing the game and having fun. I had no issues honestly. Admittedly, there are small bugs here and there, nothing serious.

You haven't answered me right. What's the game play crippling bug that put you off? I know there will be tons of bugs all the time, but 21+ pages of bugs don't really mean anything if I'm playing the game and having fun. I had no issues honestly. Admittedly, there are small bugs here and there, nothing serious.

Apart from constantly being frozen under water, walking underwater (meaning i gotta abort mission to get out most of the time), using archwing outside the water, constant crashes and some weird minor comical glitches, i might have liked u17. My problem though is the really bad loss in my overall fps. I usually run warframe on medium/high settings with anti aliasing before, but now it seems like ill have to drop those things to low to get back my smooth game play. However i'd rather play something else than an ugly warframe.

Means nothing to you but it does to us experiencing those bugs. So good for you i say.

Edited by ShawnV2

9/10

- Shotty buff is amazinballs.  Hek is a damn powerhouse and the effect of knocking grineer around like bowling pins has me laughing constantly.

- New weapons - rocket pistol hits like a truck, melee SnB has an awesome stance and has some serious slash dmg, haven't tried the rifle much.  Waiting on clan fab for the AW 4 barrel destroyer.

- Kubrow changes!  I like that I can switch kubrows and only pay 10k credits to pop a dog out of the freezer.

- New tile set and baddies on Uranus are awesome. 

- New boss fight is pretty intense and no joke :)

- New mods ! Haven't tried any of the weapon specialties but, the Ice Jump I managed to xmute after 1m credits is flippin outrageous.  Zooming around with the new glide and double jump is crazy.  I feel the new parkour is faster then my "tipedo sling on crack" and I can actually control the velocity.

-So, far the only thing I am unhappy with is Excalibro's parry change.  Vs the higher lvl grineer 60+ the block doesn't really do jack.  I mean having Rage equipped procs like a SOB now and you have to channel otherwise you'll die.  Hope that there is something more to his ult because you don't really parry vs the higher lvl mobs, you just get whalloped.

All in all, the hype was intense, still a few stinker bugs but, I can dig.