Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For All You Tenno Claiming That Exilus Slots Are Easy To Build And Take No Time At All - Heres Some Math

why does no one read the post properly???

I DID NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE SAY YOU CANNOT FARM WHILE ITS BUILDING.

You can farm all you like. REP is CAPPED according to your mastery rank. SO IT WILL STILL TAKE YOU 3 DAYS TO GET 50 000 POINTS (assuming u are over rank 17)

I did read it properly and you're still wrong. Why would it take 6 days per adapter? During the time you're farming Sim rep, you can still build forma and an adapter. At most it would take 3 days, the bottle neck being the Sim rep. 

THAT'S what I'm pointing out. Don't even try to accuse me of not reading when your calculations are flawed.

Also, another flaw in your argument is that you assume that everyone has ZERO resources and that we're all new players who have to farm for everything and have to build all that stuff. As said many many times before, the utility slot is obviously something for the vets to work for much like Arcane enhancements.

Edited by EetNotErn

The grind required to get the mod points to make use of the slot honestly offends me more than the cost of the slot. I can get resources, what I can't get back is the time it takes to polarize a frame 2-3 times. Especially when parkour 2.0 has slowed the pace of the game down, and having a bullet jump mod on every frame would help mitigate that a little bit. That doesn't even take in to account the loss of build diversity that having 2-3 more slots polarized is going to cause. Maybe that's just me though.

I never said it was hard to get. My title expressively states 

For All You Tenno Claiming That Exilus Slots Are Easy To Build And Take No Time At All

The math was to simply prove that it takes a really long time. NOTHING MORE

Good lord your missing the issue. I have yet to see ANYBODY argue for EVERY frame it would take a long time. What I HAVE seen is people saying the slot in itself does NOT take that long to make. YOU bringing up ALL 24 frames in your math then saying this is FOR ALL THE TENNO claiming the slot doesn't take time is POINTLESS! Your aiming a bunch of math at a subject that WASN'T meant to take in all 24. Do you know why? Because people should know that who in the SWEET FUDGE would slot ALL those frames and would actually be able to use it? So your math is essentially aimed at ME and a few others I have seen and DOESN'T APPLY! 

No S#&$ it takes a long time? what's the point of making a post stating the obvious that's also aimed at people who never argued that exact point?! Nobody said all 24 wouldn't take a while (at least I have yet to see it) but nobody also expects people to make a slot for ALL 24 frames then complain it takes too long. If anything this just seems like more "movement fodder" even though i'm glad you did realize to just 20p it if you view it as too much~

Edited by DiabolicalHamSandwich

OP adds scan-time (daily cap = one spy mission) in days to the build time

Do u not understand english? REP IS CAPPED. U CANNOT EARN 50 000 STANDING TO BUY THE BP IN 1 DAY. IT TAKES 3 DAYS TO EARN IT.

MASTERY 20 IS CAPPED AT 21 000 STANDING  A DAY.

DAY 1 STANDING 21 000

DAY 2 STANDING 21 000

DAY 3 STANDING ONLY 8 000 NEEDED. ONLY THEN CAN U BUY THE BP

AND SO ON. DO U GET IT NOW?

Play can be traded for so just buying it is very valid.

What's The craft time on exilus

And still exists right ?

The average target scan gives 3k + Simaris rep so that is roughly 30 scans on a target.

That's a lot of rep but it's not meant as a right away for newbies anyhow.

It all seems appropriate

Do u not understand english? REP IS CAPPED. U CANNOT EARN 50 000 STANDING TO BUY THE BP IN 1 DAY. IT TAKES 3 DAYS TO EARN IT.

MASTERY 20 IS CAPPED AT 21 000 STANDING  A DAY.

DAY 1 STANDING 21 000

DAY 2 STANDING 21 000

He's talking about this:

23 adapters x 6 days = 138 days to get it on all frames. (Constant farming everyday)

You claim it takes 6 days per frame. You're adding scan-time to build time when you can do both at the same time. And he did NOT say it takes one day to build anywhere.

You do NOT get to insult people's reading comprehension when you either made a mistake or your writing skills need some work.

Edited by EetNotErn

I did read it properly and you're still wrong. Why would it take 6 days per adapter? During the time you're farming Sim rep, you can still build forma and an adapter. At most it would take 3 days, the bottle neck being the Sim rep. 

THAT'S what I'm pointing out. Don't even try to accuse me of not reading when your calculations are flawed.

Also, another flaw in your argument is that you assume that everyone has ZERO resources and that we're all new players who have to farm for everything and have to build all that stuff. As said many many times before, the utility slot is obviously something for the vets to work for much like Arcane enhancements.

Yes i get what you saying now im sorry.  but that still brings the build time to 4 days ( 3 days to acquire BP and 1 day to build it)

He's not factoring in craft time

Which is how much exactly?

MASTERY 20 IS CAPPED AT 21 000 STANDING A DAY.

DAY 1 STANDING 21 000

DAY 2 STANDING 21 000

How much is crafting time

Edited by PookieNumnums

Yes i get what you saying now im sorry.  but that still brings the build time to 4 days ( 3 days to acquire BP and 1 day to build it)

I appreciate the apology. But your calculation still isn't right. The first batch might take 4 days but after that it's 3 days. Why are you calculating it in such a way where you're waiting a day after getting the rep to build?

Bottleneck is still Simaris rep, and only Simaris rep, as you can farm rep for the next adapter, while crafting previous one.

Just buy it for plat, and stop thinking bout crafting. It's cheaper as the aesthetic 4 tubes hanging from Valkyrs wrist cuffs which go for 50plat. I got enough materials to craft a few of these, but I can't be arsed so I bought them. 

I appreciate the apology. But your calculation still isn't right. The first batch might take 4 days but after that it's 3 days. Why are you calculating it in such a way where you're waiting a day after getting the rep to build?

Do you mean building it on the 3rd day you get the exilus bp? yes you can but it still takes another 24 hours making it 4 days by the time its done.

or do you mean the excess rep getting carried over? yes i thought about that but not everyone is the same rank so everyone will have a different amount left over , it could be bigger (shortening the time) or lower (increasing the time)

Just to reiterate, the OP got his calculations all wrong. It's 23 frames * 3 days. The 3 days is the Sim rep bottleneck since you can build forma and adapters while farming Sim rep. That's assuming you have zero resources, zero forma built and that you have 23 frames and you want ALL of them with the utility slot.

Safe to say that's a very very small percentage of players.

And if we think Parkour 2.0 is slow, and that every frame needs a bullet jump mod?

I used to think that it is slow, before getting my facts straight. Actually I can travel through the most tilesets faster than with coptering now, even without new mods. Better chaining and controllability compensates for slower max speed.

Edited by tutzdes

So....and I know I might lose a few of you here.... Don't use it on every frame. Use it on the ones you think need the mod.

What if I'm one of those crazy players who actually likes to use all of their frames and therefore needs the extra slot so that froggerframe feels less slow?

Do you mean building it on the 3rd day you get the exilus bp? yes you can but it still takes another 24 hours making it 4 days by the time its done.

or do you mean the excess rep getting carried over? yes i thought about that but not everyone is the same rank so everyone will have a different amount left over , it could be bigger (shortening the time) or lower (increasing the time)

No, building the adapter and it's build time has no effect on how fast you farm Sim rep. It will still be 3 days to farm rep. It's like if I made 300 dollars in 3 days but spent it all on the third day on booze and hookers. The next 3 days I'm still making 300 dollars. Unless I get hungover or something.

IN all honesty the whole 125k syndicate standing isn't hard. Run a Spy 2.0 on Ceres and you can easily get 10k+ if you scan everything while in stealth. It is 200+ standing points per enemies. So that is 1-2 missions every day for 3-6 days to get a Exilus slot. So if you do the math (hahahaha) You can make 3-6 Formas for every Exilus slot you get.

So as you see you can still gain formas and Exilus slots WITHOUT even farming that much. The most you will need to farm is for resources. 

No, building the adapter and it's build time has no effect on how fast you farm Sim rep. It will still be 3 days to farm rep. It's like if I made 300 dollars in 3 days but spent it all on the third day on booze and hookers. The next 3 days I'm still making 300 dollars. Unless I get hungover or something.

yes but the total time to get an adapter is 4 days