Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

So I am a little disheartened. I try to come to this thread and see if there are other people having technical problems like I am and all that is here is crying about the changes. Those belong in feedback, or general discussion. Not in the change log for the patch.

More on topic: anyone else having issues with PHYSX on windows 10? I get CTD'd regularly, if PHYSX is enabled, reliably while my Volt Prime begins his idle animation (Volt noble stance) on the liset, or if someone does an aerial ground-slam with the jag kittag.

GPU: GTX670, latest NVIDIA drivers and physx.

They were posted in both of those parts of the forums before the patch went live and ignored by DE so thats the reason everyone here whos pissed is.

So I am a little disheartened. I try to come to this thread and see if there are other people having technical problems like I am and all that is here is crying about the changes. Those belong in feedback, or general discussion. Not in the change log for the patch.

More on topic: anyone else having issues with PHYSX on windows 10? I get CTD'd regularly, if PHYSX is enabled, reliably while my Volt Prime begins his idle animation (Volt noble stance) on the liset, or if someone does an aerial ground-slam with the jag kittag.

GPU: GTX670, latest NVIDIA drivers and physx.

Same here, form U17.0.1 the physx still gone for me..

usually iam check it with volt noble animation idle. and tested on capture mission when capturing the target

gtx970, 353.62 nvidia driver, windows 10

======update=====

idk when.. it already fixed now.. thanx DE :D

Xvib9Od.jpg

Edited by eruzet

On the long run, the Hydroid changes are actually buffs. Your "end-game" weapons actually do more damage compared to a maximum power strength swarm. So basically, just wait for the enemies to stick to the swarm then blast them with Tonkor or your strong weapon of choice. You also have freed up mod slots if you choose to reduce equipped power strength mods since they don't affect swarm that much anymore.

Tentacle swarm is such a random messy power that everyone still waits for the tentacles to kill people because you can't really keep track of who's tagged or not. It's 100% nerf and a rather useless change.

Edited by Zeromanicus

Same here, form U17.0.1 the physx still gone for me..

usually iam check it with volt noble animation idle. and tested on capture mission when capturing the target

gtx970, 353.62 nvidia driver, windows 10

I am tempted to roll back to win 7 and see if the issue exists there too. As a side note: Batman Arkham City bench test doesn't seem to trigger the issue, with PHYSX on and all that jazz.

So many delicious Hydroid tears to drink!

Honestly, this nerf isn't even that harsh. Anyone who wasn't cranking power strength to exploit this might even notice an overall improvement, especially when they stick close to their Nekros and their Oberon.

Anyone who was stacking up Power Strength had to know it was only a matter of time. Peeps need to grow up.

So many delicious Hydroid tears to drink!

Honestly, this nerf isn't even that harsh. Anyone who wasn't cranking power strength to exploit this might even notice an overall improvement, especially when they stick close to their Nekros and their Oberon.

Anyone who was stacking up Power Strength had to know it was only a matter of time. Peeps need to grow up.

Honestly, looking back on it yeah this was gonna happen since the team would just stand there doing nothing and hydroid did all the work it really was just an exploit and now heres the punishment for our laziness and abusing it, GG warframe community & devs GG.

Edited by Freed85

Honestly, looking back on it yeah this was gonna happen since the team would just stand there doing nothing and hydroid did all the work it really was just an exploit and now heres the punishment for our laziness and abusing it, GG warframe community & devs GG.

So exploit = building into how a power was coded to scale; that makes a whole lot of sense. If anything, it was a design oversight that's now being revisited. What next? Firing an explosive into a wall and using Carrier to pull the container drops to you should be avoided at all costs? Oh please.

So exploit = building into how a power was coded to scale; that makes a whole lot of sense. If anything, it was a design oversight that's now being revisited. What next? Firing an explosive into a wall and using Carrier to pull the container drops to you should be avoided at all costs? Oh please.

It wasn't a design oversight, it was explicitly intended.

It didn't become a problem until DE pushed out a new frame that was obviously going to break things.

DE couldn't nerf the new frame because they are depending on people buying that plat to pick it up from the marketplace since it takes a week to build.

Note that the patch dropped right as the first non-plat Equinoxi were finishing up.

It wasn't a design oversight, it was explicitly intended.

It didn't become a problem until DE pushed out a new frame that was obviously going to break things.

DE couldn't nerf the new frame because they are depending on people buying that plat to pick it up from the marketplace since it takes a week to build.

Note that the patch dropped right as the first non-plat Equinoxi were finishing up.

Yeah, it started clashing once the update occurred, meaning older powers may have to be revisited. It was stated on the Wiki how it scaled and it's entirely within reason for players to build for that purpose, although DE may have to tone something down if a combination of two powers start to get out of hand. I just wasn't about to let players erroneously state that making use of how one power scales is suddenly an exploit.

-snip-

You assume too much of what other people would say.

Mag:

Pull: This move distrubts combat I can literally survive T4 using this move because it stops combat for a short while. Want to cause more damage with it? Get a melee with finisher damage, or think of it like target practice as they enemies fly through the air, "pull".

Shield polarize: Orokin, pvp, and corpus :P that is 3/5 factions and depending on the sentiants it could be 4/6. Not to mention this is a team helping ability that can help your go longer without losing health.

Bullet attractor: Use this one heavy units, bosses, pvp, and capture targets. This a very useful ability for taking down selected opponents like heavy eximus units.

Crush: This is just like any other nuke. It does well in the regular game but goig to into late game it's shoved in a group of abilities like miasma.

If you think nerfing gp was only to stop Mesa you have missed out on a lot. Perhaps you don't remember the reruitment chat full of people asking for gp mag, the macro camping fiesta, or the people that complained how other people didn't use gp. It was a quality change to stop players from easily passing missions/void tiers just by camping.

"Hard fact"? It's your opinion, it's not fact (this doesn't mean what I say is fact either). There will as ways be a warframe that does it better. However that does not render another frame useless. Hydroid is the only frame with a complete set of cc abilities. This means he can stop crowds without having to use/spam 4 (there go most of the frames that were "better"). Vauban comes close with his third but that has a limited capacity and doesn't deal damage. Frost is even closer but his one only affects one person and a small area. So again Hydroid can use cc like no one else.

A) Have you not seen how long it took to change gp? or how long it took for DE to recognise coptering. Everything takes time, I don't work for DE so I can't give you anything concrete only guesses. Considering how everyone seems to be guessing something sinister, I might as well put my guess in. Now seeing as how U17 is the first time we have seen such use of the augment pilfering swarm and it's supposed bug. DE might of seen how much it affects the game and decided for a change.

B) B = 2nd dot point ≠ 1st dot point. Of course 4x is better then 2x but 4x is way too much to be dropping from a single enemy. Good go combine those frames again and see how this change goes. If the tentacles still miss enemies passing through them arfter this change then maybe report about it in the bug section of the forums. If it's intended then go to feedback and push for a change.

Mainstream consists of spamming and utility that stops combat. Yeah I would say mainstream doesn't matter in the slightest but that's my opinion.

Defending? no. A lot of people are making guesses and saying how bad this is. I enjoy showing a different perspective or in some cases just explaining the changes. Loot chance that scales with power strength, unless the loot drops were tiny I would say this is broken. However DE has compensated with the second change.

No by exploit i mean people just standing their doing absolutly nothing while hydroid kills everything so you can get 4x loot by sitting there looking pretty no team work no actual gameplay just sitting there letting hydroid be hydroid, but sorry that clearly that part just flew over your head. Not to mention but i said nothing about power scaling but somehow it was magically implied to you.

Edited by Freed85

Still no fix for the S#&$ty machetes not being tradable. If they weren't supposed to be tradable a warning on the void trader would be nice. (event weapons cant be traded anyways, they have potato on them, and come with a free slot)

Oh and thanks for trashing Hydroid, the hype was too strong, GJ.

Edited by Kleboldx1-Prime

Think of it this way, for each kill now while in a tentacle's grip that is an 100% CERTAIN 2x drop from that enemy. Desecrate has a POTENTIAL 2x drop, with a... 100% chance of a health orb, wasn't it? So yeah, together you have a potential 3x but there's a high chance of 2x all around.

Except that Tentacles outright kill just about everything at normal power strength and with overextended to lower the power strength the tentacles go ab-so-lute-ly everywhere, when before they could be trusted to at least have around half the tentacles in one spot.  Now we're lucky to get maybe one or two on point.  The odds of an enemy, especially ranged walking into a tentacle is extremely slim and even when there's tons of tentacles on the floor I've seen entire groups of enemies walk through a field of them and only one or two get grabbed. At higher levels this becomes so tedious as to become nonviable with ranged enemies shooting me despite a dozen tentacles around them.   This absolutely forces coordination which, while a good thing in theory due to team play, is completely horrid for the solo player or roam survivals.  It pigeon holes Hydroid EVEN MORE as a loot frame.  If you want to use him as a loot frame now he needs an EXTREMELY specialized build, with extremely specialized teammates.  You can still use him to farm but it's become more tedious than "Lower duration, increase strength." Which at it's easiest requires two mods to make a pilfer Hydroid viable for increased loot.  Now to get even the basic amount of loot you're forced into almost half a dozen mods to balance everything out enough to make that work, and even then it gives a paltry 2x loot instead of the rapid fire, skillful use of tentacles to get 4x loot.

Thing is, we didn't NEED a team to make hydroid worthwhile,  now he NEEDS a team to make his main selling point shine.  I don't know about you but I don't want to have to rely on some random teammate to pick up the kills I set up and I don't always want to to game with my clan or friends.  Sometimes I WANT to play with randoms or by myself, and sometimes I like taking pilfering Hydroid out to do that.  That they're forcing me to group up to even make his main selling point viable is an annoyance and clear disregard from the community at large when there has been a very clear, vary large majority of people who come onto the forums calling this a bad choice and a bad move.  There may be ways to account for the vocal minority but when 99% of them are saying something is bad you can probably calculate that a good portion of the silent majority think the same way.  This is the same knee jerk reaction that nearly killed AOE during Vivergate, people complained, in mass, both vocal and silent sides in one fell voice that they wouldn't take this kind of BS.  

This is very nearly the same on the small scale.  Taking what is essentially Hydroids main, go to ability, his selling point for the past year and telling us "Nuh uh, no easy farm for you"   And this is after they release a warframe that takes more parts than any other to make (+7 days to build), more guns that take other guns to make, and archwing/exilus slots that take resources that take forever to make(forma) or take forever to find(Tellerium)  Even with the obvious reasons for the former, and increased drop chance on Uranus for the later it STILL takes forever.

Year of quality and wanting this game to be less about farm my shiny Tenno #$$,  DE has done everything BUT make the grinding less tedious or more enjoyable.  They've buffed a few things, gave us some shiny new gear but they've also continued to bloat the drop tables with useless things that we care nothing about and force us to grind even more.

I mean, without pilfer Hydroid and Nekros, Tellerium is STILL rare even on Uranus and Forma still takes 24 hours to make, forcing people to take upwards of 3 days to make one exilus slot for one warframe, and they can only make ONE at a time, so to even make a pair of warframes viable for exilus slots takes around a week, when I can (with prebuilt forma) Max out a build for a warframe in an afternoon, so I can get the tedious bull@#$% out of the way and actually have fun with the frame the way I WANT to have fun with it.  That is the problem with this game.  The insane amount of leg work you have to go through to even begin using the tools you're given the way you want takes an absurd amount of effort with very little real pay off, since you're supposed to have these things from teh beginning, they're given to you, then they're so callously taken away when the devs apparently don't like how we're using them.  I've made this argument before, several times in fact but it has fallen on deaf ears and DE continues to run this game into the ground while building that grind wall ever higher.

Here's a little prediction.  Even if Void gets canned and prime parts get littered across the star map, how often will we get to go into that kind of starchart void to get those parts?  Is it RNG like the Behemoth showing up?    Is It RNG like stalker, G3 or Harvester showing up?    If so then we've traded one grind wall for another.  Forcing us instead of using our time fighting for a chance at what we what, we're now forced to use our time to HOPE the place to farm even shows up for us to attempt to fight.

And then there's the opposite effect.  If it's easy to get into these starmap prime drop area's, what will that do to the economy.  what happens when a moderately rare part that's worth 40 plat drops down to a the common level of a sicarus part or heaven forbid C Rot Forma?  It'll be worthless, plat will lose it's worth beyond cosmetics, forcing people to mindlessly sell things to people too lazy to now farm the obnoxiously easy farms, or buy more plat from DE to compensate.  I understand you're a business, I can appreciate the business model of money = less farm,  that's a given, you're paying money to progress faster.  It's pay to progress and you don't NEED to pay TO progress normally in the game, you simply CAN because it's convenient.

but when the free players are forced through so many hoops that trying to get what you want becomes so tedious to not be worth it, that is when yo ustart losing customers.  If you stopped milking your wales and made plat easier to obtain for people who actually have bills and aren't tossing around their parents credit cards, you could actually make more money selling more product rather than forcing enormous prices on cosmetic crap that creates this elitist faction in the game that flaunts their money over others.  I can understand prime access, I can understand it's place.  I can't understand dropping 40 dollars for cosmetic items that have no purpose besides bling.  You force certain individuals into that camp when you do that and you milk those wales for all they're worth.  A disgusting and cheap business practice that ruins the fun for the rest of the community because then this game goes the way of the PWE P2W formula based on ignorance of what players actually want and the greed of the few who have no clue what they're doing.

DE you're consistently pushing your players away while hyping things that really could wait until after you fixed the glaring design problems this game has.  Since this year is 3/4 the way over already and has been rather lackluster otherwise, I can safely say that this ISN'T a year of quality.  It's a year of subpar, decent/ok at best, something I'd maybe write a single paragraph for on a blog post.  The BEST yo ucan hope for now is an UPDATE of quality.  Release a few fun things here and there, but make U18 an Update that fixes most everything that players have pointed out to you the last half dozen major updates if not more.  Those are problems that need to be looked into and fixed FIRST, because it makes everything else more tedious than it should be and lessens the fun we could really be having with everything you've given us.

As the great Abraham Lincoln said in his rap battle with Mitt Romney and Barak Obama - "YOU! I WANNA LIKE YOU. DON'T TALK ABOUT CHANGE, JUST DO IT.  I FOUGHT FOR WHAT WAS ON MY BRAIN UNTIL A BULLET WENT THROUGH IT!"

No by exploit i mean people just standing their doing absolutly nothing while hydroid kills everything so you can get 4x loot by sitting there looking pretty no team work no actual gameplay just sitting there letting hydroid be hydroid, but sorry that clearly that part just flew over your head. Not to mention but i said nothing about power scaling but somehow it was magically implied to you.

hey scrub, don't wanna sit there seeing tentacles kill stuff? then dont do it.

Freaking crybabies man