Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

Including the celing due to how they spawn with any range increase mod but you know you never can tell when the celing might attack you so atleast your being thorough.

Then don't add range mods. Jeez.

Oh and BTW the tentacles start from the point where you aim them since the cast range is infinite. Use 100 % power range and go aim at a far point, they will spawn there. I've used that to lock down doors for spawn farming many times, while being 50 metres away.

Edited by Sci_Ant

I posted my build on the other page i reduce it intentionally down to 6.5m the point is you shouldent have to use mods to fix an ability thats clearly in need of work.

Also keep in mind hydroid can cause double drops over a much more reliable area and can spam desicrate. Where hydroid can do so in a much smaller area so the increase in drops made up for him being limited to choke points for drops.

Edited by Balfaulx

He now has team synergy but its easier to use necros because the tentacles spawn system is still carp and drops the same amount, therefore hes getting shelved by players again. So team synergy is useless when another frame does it without prerequisites such as mobs have to be in tentacles.

pilfer swarm when enemies die in the tentables they drop more items desecrate while there are corpses they can be turned into items they are both different and having both is perfect synergy people are shelving because they can no long tell people to stand there and do nothing

Edited by EinheriarJudith

well if thats the case allow me to explain. Greed: intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food. greedy pull now works as its name says.

Hydroid has 4 CC abilities when using curative undertow not only does it pull enemies in it regens your team while they are standing on it, Tempest barrage knocks enemies down in its at area(allows you to res team members, set up tentacle swarm or prevent a bullet massacre) Tidal Surge knocks back enemies in its path and tentacle swarm can lock an entire area around its point of origin.

My only gripe with hydroids powers are the potential randomness of them tentacles dont want to hit enemies, tempest catching on walls and ceilings , curative undertow works will in a group but only with the augment nearly any game you use undertow in its a press 3 and go to the toilet move if the enemies didn't block eachother walking into it it would be great 

I would have absolutely loved this hydroid change if it happened AFTER a Tentacle Swarm rework that makes it so that you can either recast the tentacles before the duration is over or have much better control over where the tentacles will go.

But as it stands, this just makes strength builds less viable, and using duration builds is still a gamble considering the tentacles go @(*()$ EVERYWHERE... often to the places where the targets have no chance of walking by. This can be fixed without changing pilfering swarm's current state, but you have to change the way tentacle swarm works to begin with.

My only gripe with hydroids powers are the potential randomness of them tentacles dont want to hit enemies, tempest catching on walls and ceilings , curative undertow works will in a group but only with the augment nearly any game you use undertow in its a press 3 and go to the toilet move if the enemies didn't block eachother walking into it it would be great 

the only time my tempest barrage has not hit the floor is when i dont target the floor outside that always aim at the spot to which you want to CC

pilfer swarm when enemies die in the tentables they drop more items desecrate while there are corpses they can be turned into items they are both different and having both is perfect synergy people are shelving because they can no long tell people to stand there and do nothing

Aye but desicrate can be used on the move which i prefer and tentacles cant so you can cover more with desacrate. Also as stated before desicrate cam be spammed tentacles cannot so moving them is a pain and not efficient. What would be nice is if it didnt have a cooldown you could just redrop the tentacles. Tidal surge should spawn tentacles at the end of the wave that lock down enemies. Also you should be able to throw starfish like kunai while in puddle form. and tempest barrage should nail enemies to the floor with starfish or some other sea critter like sea urchins. XD

Edited by Balfaulx

I would have absolutely loved this hydroid change if it happened AFTER a Tentacle Swarm rework that makes it so that you can either recast the tentacles before the duration is over or have much better control over where the tentacles will go.

But as it stands, this just makes strength builds less viable, and using duration builds is still a gamble considering the tentacles go @(*()$ EVERYWHERE... often to the places where the targets have no chance of walking by. This can be fixed without changing pilfering swarm's current state, but you have to change the way tentacle swarm works to begin with.

you've got it confused DE didnt say that if enemies die from the tentacles they dont drop extra loot they said that it isnt necessary for them to die from the tentacles to drop extra loot meaning you can do it both ways power strength still increases the damage and you can still use it in the same manner you get both options now and like someone said earlier its even better for high lvls when its damage has fallen off now you can get extra loot from high lvls.

Aye but desicrate can be used on the move which i prefer and tentacles cant so you can cover more with desacrate. Also as stated before desicrate cam be spammed tentacles cannot so moving them is a pain and not efficient. What would be nice is if it didnt have a cooldown you could just redrop the tentacles. Tidal surge should spawn tentacles at the end of the wave that lock down enemies. Also you should be able to throw starfish like kunai while in puddle form.

in Defense you arent going from room to room in infested survival the infested move so quickly and with survival AI 2.0 you dont need to move from room to room there is also mobile defense etc you are thinking quite small.

you've got it confused DE didnt say that if enemies die from the tentacles they dont drop extra loot they said that it isnt necessary for them to die from the tentacles to drop extra loot meaning you can do it both ways power strength still increases the damage and you can still use it in the same manner you get both options now and like someone said earlier its even better for high lvls when its damage has fallen off now you can get extra loot from high lvls.

in Defense you arent going from room to room in infested survival the infested move so quickly and with survival AI 2.0 you dont need to move from room to room there is also mobile defense etc you are thinking quite small.

Yes utility is now better in higher level content thats good but his skills need some love.

or you are the one thinking small last i checked those arent the only game modes in warframe and therefore movement is kinda important you kno like parkor 2.0?  so a move with long cooldown you cant move with you ina fast ninja game needs work.

i rest my case

506_bVEPxmxsQRWWzBQrhcyQ_Asshole_G.gif

and buiseness calls so until nextime.

Edited by Balfaulx

the only time my tempest barrage has not hit the floor is when i dont target the floor outside that always aim at the spot to which you want to CC

I'm not saying it happens a lot but its happened a few times when i really didn't need to barrage the top of that right hand wall 

It's just inconsistant a few times 

Off topic tho i swear i've met you ingame before your name seems familiar 

Yes utility is now better in higher level content thats good but his skills need some love.

you mean one skill needs love his others skills are fine. i see some complaints about the tentacles the cast TAE is 3 dimensional which is why when you look at it it isnt just on the ground its on the walls ceiling etc if it was only castable on one spot people would complain that the area doesnt cover enough no what it needs is to have tentacle amount increased based on power strength and have it be toggleable

I'm not saying it happens a lot but its happened a few times when i really didn't need to barrage the top of that right hand wall 

It's just inconsistant a few times 

Off topic tho i swear i've met you ingame before your name seems familiar 

heheh prolly i try to do as much with as many people as possible ^_^

I actually don't have it confused at all, what I'm saying is that power strength builds are made for short casts, like, for example; Pre nerf, my hydroid's tentacle swarm lasted 3 seconds but wrecked stuff, so it meant that it was okay if the tentacles spawned in weird places because I could just recast it after 3 seconds.

Now, with this new rebalance, it should have made duration builds for Hydroid's tentacles way more viable, but the problem is that the tentacles still are still unreliable and imprecise, so that means if I want to have tentacles cover an area over a long period of time so that my team can farm off of them better I had better hope and pray to RNGesus that they spawn in places that the enemies are actually going to walk by instead of on a ceiling way out of reach of ANYTHING, because if they don't, I'm gonna have to wait like over 30 seconds before I can recast them again.

tl;dr They should have reworked how tentacle swarm worked before this update, because if they did, less people would complain. As it stands right now, this is a direct nerf.

Edited by WMan22

Oh and BTW the tentacles start from the point where you aim them since the cast range is infinite. Use 100 % power range and go aim at a far point, they will spawn there. I've used that to lock down doors for spawn farming many times, while being 50 metres away.

Using 100% power range on tentacle swarm is a joke, and anyone who claims to use it to accomplish something is a joke.  Your memory would have to be as selective as they come to think that was true.

ditto

Having both isn't perfect synergy at all.  With desecrate you just want to kill as many enemies as possible as fast as possible.  With pilfering swarm you have to wait for them to wander into tentacles.  You're better served just using desecrate and carrying another nuke frame to kill enemies as fast as they spawn.

And this is why people are salty. Actually having to play the game?! What kind of blasteous propeganda is this!

I use pilfering swarm to farm survival missions solo with hydroid, and now it is far, far worse for that entirely to nerf one frame combination on one map without nerfing the frame that actually caused the problems because THAT frame is new and sells for 325p on the marketplace.  It's like how greedy pull was nerfed ENTIRELY because of mesa, instead of just setting it so mesa couldn't pick up orbs during peacemaker.

you mean one skill needs love his others skills are fine. i see some complaints about the tentacles the cast TAE is 3 dimensional which is why when you look at it it isnt just on the ground its on the walls ceiling etc if it was only castable on one spot people would complain that the area doesnt cover enough no what it needs is to have tentacle amount increased based on power strength and have it be toggleable

heheh prolly i try to do as much with as many people as possible ^_^

"Oh dont forget to bleach your horse white knight"

fare thee well owo/

xK6vrHX.jpg

I've been running Synd missions with an Invis Loki with Loot Detector and Thief's Wit (and now with Animal Instinct) for months.

I already know where they spawn. I even noticed when they added new spawn locations (which included Sab caches, as well).

All GPull did was let me save some time.

Well, and give me a reason to play something other than Loki, which is always a plus.

Everybody knows it. All locations are obvious - and everybody has to grind these locations and not run into a room while winking once with his hand.

Aye but desicrate can be used on the move which i prefer and tentacles cant so you can cover more with desacrate. Also as stated before desicrate cam be spammed tentacles cannot so moving them is a pain and not efficient. What would be nice is if it didnt have a cooldown you could just redrop the tentacles. Tidal surge should spawn tentacles at the end of the wave that lock down enemies. Also you should be able to throw starfish like kunai while in puddle form. and tempest barrage should nail enemies to the floor with starfish or some other sea critter like sea urchins. XD

I can use my hydro ult all 2 sec and since the tentacle animation last more than 2 sec when i re use it, then first one is still here so i have 2 ult up at the same, just try a build with the lowest power duration.

I wonder why people cry at this hydro changes, he is even better now and finaly allow players to use a duration build.

And If you want your tentacles to spawn proprely, then use them when there are enemies in the area, else they will randomly spawn in the ground, walls.

It is maybe weird to say that but, just learn how to use hydro before to complain ... He is pretty good and pretty fun.