Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does No One Do The Law Raid Anymore?

CelticMoss

you can be rank 8-10 barley and have all the guns and mods you need.... seriously stop youre embarrassing us tenno.

Do you even read?

I said ~99% not the 100%.

That means you can be rank 8-10 barley and have all the guns and mods you need but more likely you don't.

Edited by FR3NZ4

Do you even read?

I said ~99% not the 100%.

That means you can be rank 8-10 barley and have all the guns and mods you need but more likely you don't.

this is why is said barley because even below that you can run nightmare (if memory serves me some one did this). but my barely was meant for lower then rank 8. 

MR doesnt mean skill it just shows you build alot.

this is why is said barley because even below that you can run nightmare (if memory serves me some one did this). but my barely was meant for lower then rank 8. 

MR doesnt mean skill it just shows you build alot.

MR means that player spent a lot of time in game, thus he more likely has skill than hasn't. So if you want to minimize risk -> you play with high ranked players.

A true veteran warframe player knows that MR means nothing.

A "true veteran warframe player" knows that MR is a very accurate method of discerning how much content a player has cleared at a glance.

A MR20 very obviously has access to many weapons, warframes, and mods, because had he not cared to expand past his comfort zone and explore every aspect the game has to offer, he would not be MR20.

Conversely, a MR5 very obviously has not tried most of the warframes and weapons in the game. While it doesn't say much about what kind of mods he has, it is clear that this MR5 either hasn't played enough of the game yet to fully flesh his account, or he does not care and only knows how to play one or two frames and is fine with it. Both are undesirable when scrambling region chat for potential raiders.

On the topic of importance of MR:

Common arguments for not leveling MR are:

"MR means nothing to me."

"MR is not a depiction of player skill"

"My time played is more important than MR"

Which are weak arguments, but need rebuttals nonetheless.

1. "MR means nothing to me."

Irrelevant. What MR means to you is not important, but it is very important for the raid leader who you're kindly asking to join his raid. Whether you like it or not, your MR is the first thing most raid hosters look for, even going so far as advertising it in their recruitment message. Your MR is the first words of your resume and it is not up to you to decide whether or not the raid leader should be impressed or disappointed by it.

2. "MR is not a depiction of player skill"

True, but also irrelevant. Raids are not "difficult" in the sense that it requires anything special beyond knowing your role. For most members, it only requires doing 1-2 things. The Loki runs the bomb and disarms. The EV trin spams EV. The Nova spams Mprime. Vauban spams Bastille. Frost spams Globe. The "skill" required for raids is simply having the right frame for the job, knowing how to mod the frame suitably for the raid, and knowing your role whilst playing said frame. There are no lightning fast reactions or frame specific combos needed here, just knowledge of the mechanics of the mission. However, MR is indicative of what content you have access to.

A MR20 more than likely has all the frames previously mentioned. This MR20 has tried every weapon and frame in the game at some point and most likely kept a good amount of them. If asked to switch to any of the roles listed above, he most likely can for any of them.

A MR5 more than likely has one or none of the frames previously mentioned. "Skill" never comes into mind when comparing the two. The sheer amount of completed content between a MR20 and MR5 are so vast, that it is the obvious choice to pick the most experienced of the two.

Speaking of experience...

3. "My time played is more important than MR"

No. It is not.

If you are MR5 and have more hours than a MR20, it not only shows you don't have access to most of the game's content, but also that you do not care enough to try new things. Sure you might be really good with that Rhino and Boltor. Your profile clearly shows 80%+ usage on each, but if I ask you to switch to a disarm Loki, EV trin, Bless Trin, speed Nova, pilf Hydroid, or a bastille Vauban, what are the chances that you might have everything I need to make this raid successful? Why would I ever take your time played and Rhino+Boltor combo and knowledge that you only care about doing your favorite thing, over a MR20 with possibly every frame, mod, and good weapon in the game? Do you really think that your MR doesn't betray your playstyle at all? 

Being accepted for raids is like being accepted for a job interview. First impressions are everything. And your MR might as well be your face.

Whining about not being able to join MR(insertnumber+) raids because you don't meet the MR requirement just shows how hypocritical you are.

If you truly think that MR doesn't matter, isn't indicative of player skill, and time played is better indication of skill than MR, why not just join a raid that doesn't advertise MR requirements?

Pardon the obvious insinuation, but it is because you actually care about MR, and know exactly that a MR12+ party is statistically more likely to succeed over a non-MR required party, and you want in. 

snip

Well I do agree and disagree.

But generally the advantage of high MR players is this.

They tend to hoard frames so they have one for every job. 

Even if the player himself lack skill, most frames themselves are often tailored to be good at certain roles.

Sure Frames are technically all jack of frames as long you got a good gun and aim, but each frame will always have a strong spot at something.

So even if the high MR player can't shoot straight, but he has a Frost or Frost Prime, that player will always in demand for defense. Same for limbo players who do nothing but banish allies, rift walk and cataclysm the objectives.

They don't even need to do much, as other players will still do the harder job of killing stuff.

So that confers a huge advantage since having a large amount of frames, mean you got a large amount of games and content open to you from the get go. I even joined ALL Chroma or 3 Chroma + EV trin games for credits. So that is how much advantage of having nearly every frame confers you.

Personally I have all frames.

Including the "requisite" raid frames like Loki, Nova, Vauban, Mirage, Trinity and Frost (typical setup is 2 loki, 2 trinity (EV+blessing), 1 slow Nova, 1 Blind mirage, 1 Bubba frost and 1 Bastille Booben).

So I have tried most roles. But it is usually expected of the high MR to be capable of switching between frames and still work decently since lower MRs tend not to have all frames.

Reminded me of the hilarious time when I joined a bunch of MR8s and MR9s trying their first raid.

I was initially invited as Frost, then changed to mirage, then changed to Nova and finally to Booben.

Because their guys keep having some of the "core frames" missing XD.

Edited by fatpig84

our group did a couple, but it quickly lost it's luster.  There's such a huge pool of arcanes, and so few of them actually being useful.  

Id be all for doing one every few days jsut to do it, but no one else finds it worthwhile. it would take the average person ages to get a complete arcane set without trading atleast a few times. 

that combined with general headaches like dc's, people jsut not working otgether in general, and a few little bugs simply put people off it. 

I don't care about people's MR as long as they know what to do, but since its hard to know if people truly have any idea of the raids, higher MR means it is more likely that u can communicate and explain something in case the dude never done raid before. I do raids almost daily, join an enormous amount of random pubs and as far as my experience goes, the more there are 6-7-8-9 MR guys, the more likely for Raid to turn into a clusterfuck and a rage fest, where people don't speak english, don't understand things said directly to them with instructions of what to do, etc.

Essentially, 8 or 9 times out of 10, a lower mr rank player has some problems with his frame (be it no vampire leech for trin, no range for mirage, no prime flow for loki etc) or understanding of the Raid in general, thus unless i either know u or a guy vouches for u (as his friend), if u r lower MR, u will be overlooked in draft for a person with higher MR. 

I've not touched it since it's been 3 weeks or more for me, since I'm occupied farming prime parts. I do see players hosting law of retribution mission a lot in recruiting channel a lot during peak hours, others players who are hosting are focused primarily on ash prime parts more rather doing law of retribution mission. 

Edited by IIWingSaberII

Tried to do it multiple times when it first came out. I gave up after learning about the awards and that randoms are my only way to have a raid (Alliance is barely alive). Now I want to get back into it but every single time an advertisement pops up, it asks for players that already finished it, putting me in a catch-22 of never being able to play raids.

Tried to do it multiple times when it first came out. I gave up after learning about the awards and that randoms are my only way to have a raid (Alliance is barely alive). Now I want to get back into it but every single time an advertisement pops up, it asks for players that already finished it, putting me in a catch-22 of never being able to play raids.

Generally it is better if you offer to do the "dumb" CC like Nova or frost.

No one expects too much from you unless you are totally epic fail that role.

Just stick close.

Spam CC.

And step on pads when you are told.

Lokis have the more complicated job of cipher, picking up the bombs. 

Pointing out where people have to stand on which pads etc.

Booben play style is more pro-active as well since you need to seed blind spots.

And blind mirage has a cast time to take care off and placing the disco ball correctly for maximum blind.

Edited by fatpig84

Not touching toxic forced teaming content with a bargepole.

Let the mission scale from 1 to 8 players and I'll give it a go.

Forced teaming sucks in other games and Warframe is no different, I prefer games that stick to the gameplay mechanics established in the majority of the game and not suddenly bait-and-switch to how-many-internet-friend-can-you-make as the content lockout mechanic.

It's lazy _lazy_ game design, and I write software for a living so you'll rarely hear me use 'lazy' but this gets my goat right up.

Edited by SilentMobius

I'll never touch raids for the same reason as that guy ^^^.  Minus the writing software part.  I don't do socializing.  Fortunately, while some arcanes sound nice to have, but are hardly necessary, which is the point.  DE didn't want to lock "must haves" behind that barrier.  Thank goodness they had the foresight to see the friction that would have caused.

Also, on the MR debate - as long as we can rank weapons without ever removing them from their holster, it's hardly a gauge for One's abilities or even knowledge on a weapon.  I've ranked many frames without once using their powers.  Suppose I'm an knowledgeable in utilizing Trinity simply because she's rank 30?

Honestly, the stupid mechanic should be axed.  It's literally accomplished nothing but inject toxins into the community.  People are too stupid to be given an overall progression number without twisting it into some e-peen measurement tool.  It doesn't even guarantee they still have all these items, just that had them equipped at one point in their careers as Tenno before selling it off.

Also, on the MR debate - as long as we can rank weapons without ever removing them from their holster, it's hardly a gauge for One's abilities or even knowledge on a weapon.  I've ranked many frames without once using their powers.  Suppose I'm an knowledgeable in utilizing Trinity simply because she's rank 30?

youve seriously ranked many a frame to 30 and didnt care to use their powers once? why?

you are by far the exception if anything. It wouldnt make sense to assume that most people rank frames without using them at all. Its more likely someone understands a rank 30 frame than a MR5 being knowledgable enough to do a raid from my experience.

Ive failed too many raids at easy stages because of low MRs that dont do anything. They dont hack, dont get on pads, dont open doors- even if you are pleading for help. They all assume the high MRs will do it. Ive been burned too many times by mixed groups to think MR doesnt matter. The flip side is that the BEST and smoothest run ive ever completed was with some low MRs that never did the raid before- but that was by far the exception and only happened once compared to the string of failures i usually have with low MR.

i dont play LoR too often because ive gotten tired of the meta. Its the exact same thing over and over, and the biggest challenge is coordination which isnt as engaging as DE hoped.

Edited by Hypernaut1

A true veteran warframe player knows that MR means nothing.

smart ppl will know that sentence is overused and also not an ultimate true.

sadly with places like draco, a 18 mastery rank might be a guy who started 2 months ago.

smart ppl will know that sentence is overused and also not an ultimate true.

sadly with places like draco, a 18 mastery rank might be a guy who started 2 months ago.

but doesnt that also mean that a mr8 played even less? so MR is still a fair metric to go by

Edited by Hypernaut1