Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Spawn Problems

[DE]Glen

Thank you all for your anecdotes -- my tests before were with Nova and Ember I think but I'm getting the feeling that Frost may be a common factor here.

I'm wondering if anyone saw this before the Frost rework?

I'll try some tests tomorrow if I can and I'll let you know what I find! 

I can confirm i had this happen before the Frost rework also, had times were 1 wave would take 30 minutes because the spawning halted so badly.

1. Did you have a host-migration mid-way through the mission?

2. Were you with a squad or were you solo?

3. What frames were in the mission?

4. What faction were you fighting?

5. Which mission was it?

6. What is your favourite pony?

1. Nope

2. 4 man squad

3. Frost (can't remember others, probably trinity / loki / nova / mesa some combination of those)

4. Corrupted

5. T3 Defense, Void

6. Pikachu

-additional info: we planned to do 20 waves but around 13th wave we noticed enemies spawning slower than before. We still continued and after continuing past 15th wave that was the breaking point. The small grunts spawned more less in groups (still slower than normal) but the heavy units... Ancient spawns -> we kill it -> wait 10 sec -> Heavy Gunner spawns -> we kill it -> wait 15 sec -> Ancient / Gunner w/e heavy unit spawns from any direction -> we kill it and so on

By the time we reached 17th wave enemies spawned one by one in time span of 20 seconds or so. It has been more than 35 minutes since we started the defense and I remember wave 15 or 16 taking about 10 minutes to finish alone. I alt + f4'd at wave 17.

Edited by Cerberus_Sokol

No host problem

Squad 4 tennos

Loki ( radioactive disarm ) Frost, Nova ( speed ) + another frame i dont remember and then without nova with volt and even with nova slow.

Void

Defense T3

I don't like pony :3

Edited by Asokah

my 2 man squad on defense in cereres. I was playing on a low leveled rhino, my friend was playing chroma. 

wave 13 on semini it happened. Enemies starting spawning at their spawn points but only in small groups. They wouldn't move and we had to hunt them down and kill each group before another would spawn. getting to wave 15 from 13 took 30 minutes.

I've seen this happen before as far back as U11, apparently it's just more common now.

There was no host migration.

faction was infested

My favorite Pony is you Glen.

Edited by Sirabot

I'm streaming some stress tests at twitch.tv/de_badhorse but so far no luck.

I'm wondering if you guys were using the lasers? If this is unique to the void that could be the key difference.

Also: I noticed that nobody favorited AppleJack -- this also could be why I never see this bug.

- There were no host migrations. (I was hosting)
- Full squad
- Chroma; Trinity; Ember; Limbo | Zephyr; Chroma; Nyx; Mesa   (There were some other combinations)

- Corrupted

- T4 Interception (Also happens in Defence T3 and T4 but much more rarely)
- Probably Rarity or Twilight

We have encountered quite odd bug. Corrupted Butchers and Moas were side-strafing (Moas were firing on the go) It was as if they tried to avoid us.
That looked extremely odd and happens around Round 4-5.

Thank you all for your anecdotes -- my tests before were with Nova and Ember I think but I'm getting the feeling that Frost may be a common factor here.

I'm wondering if anyone saw this before the Frost rework?

I'll try some tests tomorrow if I can and I'll let you know what I find! 

100% confirmed before frost rework (pre-U17) I actually haven't encountered it since U17 but then again I don't have the need to farm Ash Prime parts anymore :)

I spent about 2 whole hours on a T3 Def mission, spawns started slowing down at wave 20-ish. At wave 37, nothing spawned and we had to leave. Wave 36 took us about 15 minutes to complete, if not longer, I wasn't keeping track of time.

I can provide further details if you want, I have a few steam screenshots. I'm also curious if people who have had to abort like me will ever gett the prime parts we won in our games back?

Edited by oceano4

Another good point was made: maybe this is related to a companion (spooky-doge or something?). I'm also wondering if there's some unusual weapon involved.

Speaking of, Spooky-dog has annoying tendency of glitching out AI - when Howl effect wears out, enemies won't return to fight, instead they will start "patrolling" area they ran into and open fire when they see you - other enemies shooting at you will not trigger them.

Seen it multiple time, might be it.

Sechura, Pluto Spawning Bug

So I started playing a game on Sechura and after five waves one person (the host) left, the rest of us stayed though. We encountered no problems up until wave 19, where suddenly there was another host migration and I found myself alone. When I got back into the match pretty much every enemy for the round had spawned round the cryopod so I immediately spammed Peacemaker. Once I had killed everything, it all just stopped. Nothing was spawning, nothing was appearing. Everything just stopped. I waited 15 minutes or so and recorded part of it while waiting. I tried using Peacemaker to kill enemies I might not be noticing but it didn't work.  :/  I've posted that below

To a lesser extent this also happened on a T3 Defense mission a few days ago where the spawning of enemies after wave 30 slowed down to a snail's pace and we had to exit because each wave took 10 minutes to complete.

• Did you have a host-migration mid-way through the mission? We had two host migration but I'm not sure why in terms of the second (I'll get back to this on the next question)

• Were you with a squad or were you solo? I was with a squad but suddenly the host migration screen came up and I was alone

• What frames were in the mission? There were two "Mesa"s (one was me), the other two were unknown (the first left after five waves and I didn't bother looking and second I just can't remember)

• What faction were you fighting? Infested

• Which mission was it? Sechura, Pluto

Video:

Edited by Megamaker

I spent about 2 whole hours on a T3 Def mission, spawns started slowing down at wave 20-ish. At wave 37, nothing spawned and we had to leave. Wave 36 took us about 15 minutes to complete, if not longer, I wasn't keeping track of time.

I can provide further details if you want, I have a few steam screenshots. I'm also curious if people who have had to abort like me will ever gett the prime parts we won in our games back?

same problem on wave 64 ) rip ur prime parts 

Friends and I encountered this a little bit- We have a video.

It was a squad,

There wasn't a host migration, but the Rhino prime's internet dropped and he was able to rejoin.

Frames:

Excalibur,

Frost,

Rhino Prime,

Ash

We where fighting the Corrupted Faction

The mission was a T3D

A dead one.

Here's the video: My apologizes in advance for our stupidity and swearing.

I'm the horrible frost that recorded that video of that tedious wave. Pretty much as I recorded what I could. 

One thing Cesium forgot to mention: Alot of the enemies were got stuck in the wall. there were times where we had to walk to a specific are and find them.

Putting this here for a permanent record that isn't Twitch chat:

I think I have a possible explanation for what is happening, even if it isn't the why.

What if, instead of spawns being clogged with corpses or LoS, it involves something that makes the game think it needs to slowly decrease the number of enemies spawning each round, instead of ramping them up from 1-20? It would explain why the spawns hit bottom around 15-20.

As for the server thing being ruled out... Glen, you mentioned that squads connect to [DE] servers at three points. One, when the round starts. One, when it ends. And one more when someone tries to join. Can I get an explanation of how, exactly, this works? What happens during the connection? Most importantly, A) does host migration trigger a reconnect to DE, and B) Are things like spawn weights (that is to say, the composition of enemies in the round - I have noticed some rounds having wildly different spawn compositions, consistently, for an entire rotation, like one T3D having no shield drones and another having a lot) and maybe end-of-round rewards influenced or determined during the initial server interaction before the mission begins?

If both of those are a yes, don't rule it out entirely just yet.

All I see here is infested or void. Maybe it has something to do with a common enemy like the healers?

I know that their AI sometimes break causing it to run in circles at the spawn point. 

(Just trying to help, maybe it's a good idea to take a quick look at them)

All I see here is infested or void. Maybe it has something to do with a common enemy like the healers?

I know that their AI sometimes break causing it to run in circles at the spawn point. 

(Just trying to help, maybe it's a good idea to take a quick look at them)

No dice. Corpus happened.

Happened to me once. I'm fuzzy on the details since it's been a while but:

Void T4D

I used Frost.

Host migration directly after launching the mission.

Had to invite a person mid-game, since he dropped out due to host-migration.

Starting from wave ~16, spawns slowed down to a crawl, we left at wave 20.

Just about the last thing I have in mind: If the plausible theories all fail to work out, try the ones that were ruled out without testing them individually. Toss in a Frost, look through the null/ancient code, simulate connection or framerate drops if possible, force host migrations, check the servers and the netcode/the spawn loop/the wave-comp calls... anything that can be done, basically. Although with logs of the actual bug it probably wouldn't come to that.

I've been hearing reports that sometimes when people are doing a void defense mission the enemies stop spawning properly and attack in smaller and smaller groups. I spent an afternoon trying to reproduce this with no success and after looking at the code I can't see what could be causing this.

If you've experienced this I'd be interested in a few details if you can remember:

• Did you have a host-migration mid-way through the mission?
  •  

• Were you with a squad or were you solo?
  •  

• What frames were in the mission?
  •  

• What faction were you fighting?
  •  

• Which mission was it?
  •  

• What is your favourite pony? 
  •  
If you see this bug moving forward one thing to do is pull out your Codex Scanner and look around; I'm wondering if some Warframe power is ending up putting the enemies into geometry or letting them fall through the floor and they're stuck under you somehow.

Thank you for your help and patience as we try to iron this out!

70z2af.jpg

Yes, I did experience this issue quite randomly today although so far it was one.  As for the details:-

• Did you have a host-migration mid-way through the mission? - No. 
  • Were you with a squad or were you solo? - In the squad, as you can see the players name in the right side of the screen in the screenshot.
  • What frames were in the mission? - Mesa, Nekros, Volt & I don't remember the last one but I guess it was mag. 
  • What faction were you fighting? - Infestation.
  • Which mission was it? -  Coba (Defense Mission) - Dark Sector
  • What is your favourite pony?  - Rapidash. 

I did use second ability of my Nekros - Terrify on it. As you can see in the screenshot, it moved a little but not coming out at all. 

it was public matchmaking, I just joined first wave, the enemy stuck there was the last one to continue to next wave. Although it took time to come out but I don't know who took out this last enemy & where was it stuck. I couldn't see it at all. Someone in my squad managed to take it out in the end though, thus, we proceeded to the next wave. 

Hope this helps & looking forward to a fix regarding it. Thanks.

Edited by IIWingSaberII

We've had it happen 3 out of 3 times that my girlfriend and I have been playing just the two of us.

Void IV Defense at approx wave 26 or 28.

It started a bit earlier, but at wave 28 we were waiting several minutes between spawns of 3 enemies.

Eventually just aborted during wave 29 when it started being lone spawns separated by 5 minutes or more.

We were playing as a Frost Prime and a Mag Prime each time.

I have a theory to add to the mix. She was playing on a laptop that was significantly overheated by that time. Perhaps she was hosting(?). It was tough to tell. There was no host migration, as it was just the two of us, but does Warframe taper spawns down when the host computer is struggling? Perhaps it's a semi common occurrence that host computers are slowing down/ overheated at the 20-something wave of defense. Just a thought. 

Edited by Aurentus

5 hours of streaming random experiments and no repro; some dudes went off and tried other things and they couldn't make it happen either. There is some nuance at work here but we can't identify it.

Would account names and times be of assistance?

This was the most recent occurrence:

Aurentus and VeiraVX

August 18th

Tower IV Defense

(approx) 10:30pm to 12:00am Pacific Time (Oregon) 

I did use second ability of my Nekros - Terrify on it. As you can see in the screenshot, it moved a little but not coming out at all. 

it was public matchmaking, I just joined first wave, the enemy stuck there was the last one to continue to next wave. Although it took time to come out but I don't know who took out this last enemy & where was it stuck. I couldn't see it at all. Someone in my squad managed to take it out in the end though, thus, we proceeded to the next wave. 

Hope this helps & looking forward to a fix regarding it. Thanks.

This looks like a different issue -- to be clear I'm not chasing a few stuck AI preventing the wave from finishing but rather something that makes the spawns come in smaller and smaller squads until each wave takes an extremely long time because you're only fighting one enemy at once.

Would account names and times be of assistance?

This was the most recent occurrence:

Aurentus and VeiraVX

August 18th

Tower IV Defense

(approx) 10:30pm to 12:00am Pacific Time (Oregon) 

EE.logs would be the most help, I imagine. Try sending them in support tickets ASAP. Again the next time it happens, right after, for more accuracy.

Actually, come to think of it, since it's just two of you and you can probably replicate the conditions... if you can, try to do exactly what you did last time, say something in squad chat if/when the bug hits, quit as soon as possible, and immediately close client/send the EE.log in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Warframe.