Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #58 Overview

AM-Bunny

The pre corpus skin isnt as good as i hoped it to be, maybe in game it'll look much better, also did they say what they're gonna do to my baby Valkyr?

The model shown was most certainly not complete. 

Edited by Rexlars

The pre corpus skin isnt as good as i hoped it to be, maybe in game it'll look much better, also did they say what they're gonna do to my baby Valkyr?

Yes, I'm sure it will look great once it has been polished up.

No word on the exact changes other than Rip Line will be quicker -- they mentioned her quality of life alterations won't be quite as severe as Excalibur's.

Extra Stuff

• Have considered melee equivalent to Multishot mods (Multistrike?), thinks it's a cool idea

This had better be some sort of joke.

After all those discussions on "necessary mods" in past Community Hot Topics and Devstreams, the devs are considering doing the one thing that acts as though all that discussion never happened?!

Melee needs improvement, but the last thing we need is another "necessary" mod that further cramps our precious build space. Boost the base stats of weapons and fix the broken mechanics. Bandaid mods are a lazy and ultimately ineffective solution.

I got the impression that they were referring to mechanics. The last several frames have been very complex, with only Mesa standing out as being relatively straight forward. Limbo, Chroma, and Equinox have all been very odd in terms of mechanics.

Scott specifically addressed the mechanics in a separate idea to that shortly after. That said, I would only call Chroma complex mechanics wise since each element gives a unique boost & is chosen via customization. Equinox & Limbo are pretty straightforward. The former has two forms, one for defense & one for offense with the latter using something similar to 'cloaking' but can apply this to enemies as well. But that's just my opinion.

This had better be some sort of joke.

After all those discussions on "necessary mods" in past Community Hot Topics and Devstreams, the devs are considering doing the one thing that acts as though all that discussion never happened?!

Melee needs improvement, but the last thing we need is another "necessary" mod that further cramps our precious build space. Boost the base stats of weapons and fix the broken mechanics. Bandaid mods are a lazy and ultimately ineffective solution.

It was a question asked by a user, not something they brought up themselves. I got the impression it was their generic "yeah that's cool" answer that they give everything and brush it off. I doubt it will ever happen.

I am pretty confused about liset 2.0, since both concept art and animations that shown liset docking/docked with orbiter shown that docking place for liset is pretty form fiting for it, and no other shape could dock there, so if liset 2.0 means that they will replace cool liset dock for generic docking then I dont want it at all, since currently when liset docks with orbiter it becomes "face" of huge "excalibur"(not exactly excalibur but pretty similar) on the back of orbiter

me3joPZ.jpg

I have no idea how could they dock new lisets with this without destroying what makes it look so  awesome...

It was a question asked by a user, not something they brought up themselves. I got the impression it was their generic "yeah that's cool" answer that they give everything and brush it off. I doubt it will ever happen.

Oh, okay. Thanks for putting my worries to rest.

I dont know how to feel about the lisets... maybe if we can swap them like we do with our frames, would be totally awesome, making this not only a choice about deco, but for combat too.

Hard to imagine how they'll support us in the enclosed claustrophobic tilesets like Eris...

Also, no mention of Hydroid either ? Not even some tweaks ?

Wasn't even mentioned in passing, sorry XD

Those skins look so beautifu- *looks at the new sentinel* WHAT THE HEK IS THAT

Coming from a totally-not spoiled and secretive source, it's basically a floating Grineer Arc trap. Nothing else is said about it as of yet.

I'LL BE ANGRY IF THEY TOUCH HER MOVES. Unless they make it even better than they are now. Then maybe I'll be happy.. >.>

YOU ARE NOW EXILED FROM COUNCIL

NOOOOOO!!! ~Packs a hobo stick-sack and sniffles~ Bye. :C

I'LL BE ANGRY IF THEY TOUCH HER MOVES. Unless they make it even better than they are now. Then maybe I'll be happy.. >.>

I think Rip Line has the potential to be ridiculously fun. If they actually make you able to swing with it - Spider-Man style - rather than being dragged linearly, awkwardly, and slowly. Great idea, but it could use a lot of touching up.

I wouldn't mind if Paralysis was changed/removed.

Don't touch Warcry tho :<

Hysteria's great, maybe make alterations to how damage is calculated tho?

Don't touch Warcry tho :<

Warcry could stand to get the Roar treatment IMO.  It's duration at different levels is the same as what Roar used to be until they made Roar 30 seconds baseline at all levels.  Warcry could reaaaally use that. Non-Eternal War Warcry should still be viable.

Edited by Gelkor