Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #58 Overview

AM-Bunny

I don't get what he meant by "Umbra Excalibur Prime is exclusive to China", then says "as a kick off" after ward, and we'll get something visually similar. So does it mean that it's exclusive or no? .-.

Umbra Excalibur Prime is China exclusive, but we're getting Vanilla Umbra Excalibur, which is supposedly practically identical.

So yes, the Prime version is exclusive, and we won't be seeing it in our build.

Umbra Excalibur Prime is China exclusive, but we're getting Vanilla Umbra Excalibur, which is supposedly practically identical.

So yes, the Prime version is exclusive, and we won't be seeing it in our build.

So it's the same looking Warframe, but with slightly worse stats than the Prime one?

Time to stop on my Tigris for now, then. Gonna wait for the Sancti one.

Valkyr and Saryn's rework? RIP press 4 to win. Val's pre-Corpus skin looks a bit too plain, but holy crap that Trinity one. 10/10 

I'm hype for Brawler frame, I hope there's an ability that mimics a jump kick or some sort.

Valkyr and Saryn's rework? RIP press 4 to win. Val's pre-Corpus skin looks a bit too plain, but holy crap that Trinity one. 10/10

I'm hype for Brawler frame, I hope there's an ability that mimics a jump kick or some sort.

Ive just watched the stream and thankfully the kitty's skin is still a work in progress..and valkyr has never been a press 4 to win frame ..

Her skin isn't fully textured yet.

Ive just watched the stream and thankfully the kitty's skin is still a work in progress..and valkyr has never been a press 4 to win frame ..

Pretty sure he meant Saryn.

The pre corpus skin isnt as good as i hoped it to be, maybe in game it'll look much better, also did they say what they're gonna do to my baby Valkyr?

That isn't nearly a finished skin, it's still going to be shaped and textured quite a bit. Pretty good for a rough concept, eh?

That being said, thank you Bunny for the overview; I saw it myself, but this helped give a spoken recap to a couple friends. ^.^

Edited by KaraOgata

Seems like a lot of new stuff incoming, sounds good to me.

The only thing that I could talk about is the fact that no one there talked about how Ember right now is in a pretty much "low to mid-game" frame position, then no new infos about a rework for her. I hope they'll do it cause maybe Ember right now it's the most urgent frame that need to understand what is her role, cause right now she does nothing really good at all, especially when going for missions over lv30.

Edited by Redskull94

Seems like a lot of new stuff incoming, sounds good to me.

The only thing that I could talk about is the fact that no one there talked about how Ember right now is in a pretty much "low to mid-game" frame position, then no new infos about a rework for her. I hope they'll do it cause maybe Ember right now it's the most urgent frame that need to understand what is her role, cause right now she does nothing really good at all, especially when going for missions over lv30.

I agree with you, but she's already been overhauled like six times XD

They keep trying and failing, but they have spent a lot of time on her. There's a lot of other frames that they haven't given any attention at all to.

Kinda odd that New Loka would get a shotgun while Red Veil gets bows. I mean, doesn't that seem reversed to you guys?

Don't like Valkyr skin's weird horns and ears. The other skin concepts look amazing, but I'm pretty sure the final product will be vastly different. 

No ETA on like, anything?

Umbra Excalibur (and future Umbras) were confirmed to be Frames.

Listen at around 8:30 of the Devstream, he says specifically "Frames" not "Skins"

This ... really doesn't sit well with me. The whole Umbra concept as a skin is fine - probably a good money maker. But ... Frames?

Slightly-better-but-not-quite-Prime-frames?

So ... What's the point in having the originals then?

Is this just a means to spin out the game longer with nothing but reskins? Did they realise that maybe MR30 is an unrealistic or unattainable goal because they're running out of solid 'frame ideas? That Brawler design from their original concept artist kinda makes me think so.

Worrisome indeed ... They need to come clean on this ... Soon.

All of you saying the Valk skin is work in progress ... well yes, it is, but god damn it, it has been a "work in progress" for like, a month? I've seen Steam Workshop users develop more detailed skins/mods in less time ... At this point I was expecting them to show a nearly finished version.

All of you saying the Valk skin is work in progress ... well yes, it is, but god damn it, it has been a "work in progress" for like, a month? I've seen Steam Workshop users develop more detailed skins/mods in less time ... At this point I was expecting them to show a nearly finished version.

I'd like you to show me these modders that make a completely new model, with texture made from scratch on their own WHILE working on other models and skins in less than a month. Unless they stay awake 24/24 and doesn't have to go to work/school, then you're just pulling that out of your arse.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

The weird part about the Trin skin for me is that she doesn't have any feet o.o

I think this is a really neat design feature (reminds me of Zone of Enders) for floating or sliding but it seems like it would look really awkward just running like normal on those little pegs :s