Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De: The Volt Rework

Cytobel

WARNING: Writing Ahead.  Turn back now it this intimidates you.

A long time ago, in a Build far, far away...  Err... Ahem.

When I began playing, I chose a starting Warframe that posessed the most broken Uber (that term dates me) in Warframe.  Today, Volt is a decent tactical choice, but falls off at late game.  The following recommendations are based on over 1,000 hours of playing Volt in various mission types and situations.

To begin, I'm basing this off an idea I call Overcharge.  That is, if you hold the casting key, you get an additional effect to the skill at a cost of energy per second.  Now, on to the changes.

1. Stats

First, Volt long ago had a base armor of 50.  Given today's gameplay, I'd recommend that armor be reinstated.  Additionally, please buff his power pool at 30 to 225 (this will make sence on Overload).  As to Volt Prime, brind his armor to 110, the same as the rated voltage of most wall outlets.

2. Shock

We may be discussing a rework here, but dat Shock tho...  Right?

Actually, this is the perfect place to bring in the new thought for Volt: Overcharge

Overcharge is a concept right up Volt's alley.  It means that you can still snap-cast all of your moves you can now, but with Overcharging, you can boost a skill by holding the activation key for the skill.

In essence, you can still tap 1 for Shock, or you could hold 1 to first throw your initial cast, and then continue blasting away with electrical fury.  This doesn't mean multiple casts of Shick, but rather a different effect, a la Amprex, trggering.

The rundown:  You hold down 1 to first Shock, then at a cost of 10 energy/sec, you spray an Amprex style blast for a percentage of the original Shock's damage.

3. Speed (a.k.a, that thing Parkour 2.0 kinda killed a bit)

Opinions on the new Parkour system are divided, but I love it almost totally.  Unfortunately, this new movement has rendered Speed's use as a movement utility somewhat meaningless.  Even Shocking Speed doesn't truely fix things; it feels as if it should be built into the skill, with something else for the Syndicate mod.

Don't get me wrong, I love Speed.  It is nothing less than the best (imo) melee buff in game, but nothing more either.

I'd add the Overcharge element here, so that for the cost of 1 second cast time and an additional 50% energy, you get the Shocking Speed effect, without sacrificing a mod slot.  Seroiusly, Lightning Dash is almost as good, AND it fits the Utility slot.

4.Electric Shield

Here I have issues.  ES and I have a long and sordid history, and the love/hate relationship tension of a dozen bad animes.

I feel that Electrical Shield works, and I don't HAVE to tack Overcharge to it.  If you did, maybe it can increase the size of the shield or add that old electrical effect that enemies used to run into.  Perhaps you could tack on the shield restore function from Conclave.

Really, I'm at a loss here.  There are so many potential uses for an Overcharge function with Shield that the mind boggles.

5. Overload

Finally, we have Overrated...   d'oh, I meant Overload.

I want to love this skill, but (as it stands) I cannot and never will.  The damage chaining looks like it could be devastating on paper, but this waste of energy more often than not is only useful as an enemy detection system for when you encounter friendship doors.

The risk of being stuck up in the air for more than a moment makes using this against large packs of Corpur or Grineer a bit like Russian Roulette, and only the Infested can be counted upon to pack themselves nice and tight on you (where a Charger or 2 can kill you in the time it takes the non-bugged animation to kick off).

Enter the Overcharged Overload.  The mechanic here is simple enough:  as you hold 4, you start charging Overload at a cost of 100 energy base +25 energy per second charge time, up to 5 seconds.  At 5 seconds, the move kicks off, period (now that base power pool maxing out at 225 makes sence, right?).

The effect of charging takes 1 second to become appearant.  Per second spent charging, the Overload scales up in Range and Strength, and you gain a defensive field around your 'Frame to prevent the charge from killing you outright.

Note:  I'm thinking of a stacking shield charging buff plus overshields here.  You need to be killable while dumping your entire power pool on a single move, but it should REALLY take enemy effort.

While this offers insane potential damage and range possibility, it is also balanced by the fact that you're dumping 225 energy here.  Even with Primed Flow and effeciency mods, this will come at a hefty cost.

I think this would work for Volt, and it wouldn't replace any of his moves.

Edited by Cytobel

Bro, those "recomendations", are nothing more then "IMO".

Volt is decent as he is. There are ton of frames that need rework more then volt.

He is pretty balanced, though.

I agree, his Volt shield and Speed abilities are very powerful as they are, shock isn't really that useful but it is a cheap CC ability.

I do agree that Volt's overload needs a bit of a rework, but Volt needs more of a "Fine tuning" rather than a complete overhaul

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

Stat buffs almost every frames hail mostly those whom are basicly slow and low the armor. Some frame also need power up other need ability reworks or buffs.

Before any suggestation for balance I suggest the game balance because the mst problems come from the game scaling and unbalanced issues. The frames just the victims of the game mechanics and a lot problems come from the late game scaling/bad reswapns (overspawn).

P.S., I was SERIOUSLY trying to come up with a way to include a ball lightning effect, but nothing came to mind.

Needs MOAR BALL LIGHTNING...

BTW, OP is based on the upcoming Volt rework.  Just in case you missed that news.

Edited by Cytobel

Volt is fine the way he is.  People just want to turn him into another Press 4 to Win frame because Overload doesn't blow up the entire map.

And if people are complaining about "end game viability" due to the placeholder, infinite scaling enemies...this is NOT end game.  Enemies who are bullet sponges and can down you with a dirty look forcing you to cower in a corner and spam abilities is [DE]'s way of saying they ran out of ideas on how to challenge gamers and you should have probably extracted 5 minutes ago.

I'd throw passives on his 3,4 that disrupt the majority of weapons

Shield Should disrupt enemy shields and weapons (think 5 second radial disarm)

Overload should cause more damage, spread quicker, take 1/2 the animation time, and reflect a "living lightning" aspect that also:

1. Acts as a temporary EMP-type to weapons.

2. Grants buffs against all types of damage as

Volt becomes nearly pure energy.

3. Acts as a minor heal regeneration buff.

In this way, Overload can be a speedy "stop and pop" skill while continuing to fly around the tile set or Volt can suddenly become a more viable melee frame and jump into the thick of it.

Maybe I missed pointing something out more simply:  I'm suggesting using the overcharge mechanic to add aditional possible effects to existing skills (NOT replace them) at the cost of energy and sustained cast time.

I most definately agree that other 'Frames need SERIOUS help, where Volt could use tuning and tweaking.  Mag and Ember are especially sad cases.  Nekros and Hydroid both have moves that do NOT fit the game at all (relying on RNG for effect SUCKS), and Hydroid even has a "loot Augment" that basically just is Desecrate.  If RNG is ever to be truely balanced, then these manipulations of the numbers need to go.

Hell, Saryn could use more than a bit of love, as her Contageon self-buff isn't relevant compared to Volt and Valkyr's team buffs, and her 4 is in need of tuning of it's own (really, needs less "nuke" in it).

To say that Volt is balanced is relatively correct, until you hit late game.  There, he lacks the kind of CC needed to save himself form a messy end more often than I'd like to admit, and I am fully aware that he's not alone in this.  Generally, my intent here is that he should gain more options to work with, at a balanced and considered cost.

The Overload overcharge idea holds him stationary for 5 seconds and drains his entire base power pool (or nearly so on the Prime), so to some degree it needs to spread devastation. This does not mean that it should become just another Saryn nuke.

I have to point out that Electricity doesn't bypass any defences, and only gains bonuses vs Machinery and Robotics, neither of which is usually a problem to kill with ANYTHING ELSE (even/especially Impact damage).  The potential damage chaining requires clumps of enemies, which rarely form w/o Irradiating Loki or Infested foes.  As such, even doubling the damage of Overload will rarely wipe all the trash past level 30, where you just begin to see half decent foes in Napalms, Bombards and Techs.

I do NOT want overpowered Volt.  I would like to add a mechanic to him that expands on what he can do, and Overload's old nerfing is going to need to be parred back sooner or later.  He can't wipe entire Corpus ships anymore because of the many changes the game has seen since 2012 (staggered spawns really helped that one), and we have more than THAT ONE tileset to play on now.

@Silverback73:  I kind of like the thought of an EM effect, but that could quickly scale out of control.  He really could use the ability to do more with what he had, but I don't think heals and disarms are as much his thing.  Now, I could see Mag Pull tearing guns out of people's hands, just not Volt.

Edited by Cytobel

Maybe I missed pointing something out more simply:  I'm suggesting using the overcharge mechanic to add aditional possible effects to existing skills (NOT replace them) at the cost of energy and sustained cast time.

I most definately agree that other 'Frames need SERIOUS help, where Volt could use tuning and tweaking.  Mag and Ember are especially sad cases.  Nekros and Hydroid both have moves that do NOT fit the game at all (relying on RNG for effect SUCKS), and Hydroid even has a "loot Augment" that basically just is Desecrate.  If RNG is ever to be truely balanced, then these manipulations of the numbers need to go.

Hell, Saryn could use more than a bit of love, as her Contageon self-buff isn't relevant compared to Volt and Valkyr's team buffs, and her 4 is in need of tuning of it's own (really, needs less "nuke" in it).

To say that Volt is balanced is relatively correct, until you hit late game.  There, he lacks the kind of CC needed to save himself form a messy end more often than I'd like to admit, and I am fully aware that he's not alone in this.  Generally, my intent here is that he should gain more options to work with, at a balanced and considered cost.

The Overload overcharge idea holds him stationary for 5 seconds and drains his entire base power pool (or nearly so on the Prime), so to some degree it needs to spread devastation. This does not mean that it should become just another Saryn nuke.

I have to point out that Electricity doesn't bypass any defences, and only gains bonuses vs Machinery and Robotics, neither of which is usually a problem to kill with ANYTHING ELSE (even/especially Impact damage).  The potential damage chaining requires clumps of enemies, which rarely form w/o Irradiating Loki or Infested foes.  As such, even doubling the damage of Overload will rarely wipe all the trash past level 30, where you just begin to see half decent foes in Napalms, Bombards and Techs.

I do NOT want overpowered Volt.  I would like to add a mechanic to him that expands on what he can do, and Overload's old nerfing is going to need to be parred back sooner or later.  He can't wipe entire Corpus ships anymore because of the many changes the game has seen since 2012 (staggered spawns really helped that one), and we have more than THAT ONE tileset to play on now.

@Silverback73:  I kind of like the thought of an EM effect, but that could quickly scale out of control.  He really could use the ability to do more with what he had, but I don't think heals and disarms are as much his thing.  Now, I could see Mag Pull tearing guns out of people's hands, just not Volt.

Here's some perspective:

1. Nyx's 4 is a 360 degree version of shield (Volt's 3) that also absorbs explosions (bombards require multiple shields spaced apart) COMBINED with Volt's 4 WITH knockdown that can be cast in 1/5 the time.

2. Miasma is Insta-Overload sans pretty light show in 1/6 the time.

3. If Overload is an Amperage/Volt-wrecking explosion that annihilates electronics, any weapon with ANY kind of tech or chemical volatility to it would be equally affected by logical extension.

4. Overpowered? Umm...Radial/Irradiated disarm?

5. Or...Invincible-animation blade storm?

6. Or...Molecular Disruption?

7. Or...Exalted Blade with 225 Armor boost?

8. Or...Rhino/Vauban just locking enemies in place when people talk about stun AUTO-PRoC being so "awesome"?

9. Or...Mesa's "4 to win"?

10. Or...Mirage's continuous, independent acting superior disco-ball version of Overload?

Or...you get the point. Volt has great utility for running missions quick and is fun to play, but in end-game, where it should be most important for all your love and investment in our favorite frame to shine, he falls off an end-game CLIFF.

Just-sayin :). I wouldn't worry about "overpowered". I'd worry about "relevant", "valuable", and "competitive".

I agree volt needs some changes but giving him higher energy costs to get more damage that will not be useful late game is not the way to go. Also there are frames that definitely need to be worked on before volt aka Mag who is basically useless late game.

volt's shield is fine (just make that augment to carry the shield around ala odonata 1 skill, we've been asking for that from day 1 when the augments were introduced) and shock is much more useful than most 25 energy skills, i do admit that speed could use a bit more base duration+energy cost increase or offhand casting as keeping it up is annoying and interrupting but it would still be fine if left alone, overload is the same aoe tickle"nuke" that's like already on 5+ frames and it deals S#&$ dmagage and has the worst cc out of the bunch, i say we change it to this and make the damage scale based on primary weapon stats and add a slight snare while casting ala spectral scream, ta-dah, now it sinergises both with shield and speed (potent alternative to gunplay anyone?)

Edited by bl4ckhunter

I agree, his Volt shield and Speed abilities are very powerful as they are, shock isn't really that useful but it is a cheap CC ability.

I do agree that Volt's overload needs a bit of a rework, but Volt needs more of a "Fine tuning" rather than a complete overhaul

Overload needs a replacement, or a huge buff. Not the fine tuning you think. I play a lot of volt, and now a days the only useful things are shield and shock. Compare that to another frame that was recently reworked, rhino, and now you see people using 3 skills instead of 1.

Actualy Volt t is one of the least used Warframes. Look at recruiting channel. There is no reason to get Volt to party.

Shock

Ok, is nice CC, but dmg of that skill is really S#&$.

Speed

What for? Is totaly useless.

Shield

Compare Volt Shield with Ice Globe. Ice Glob dont need duration, is affect by power range... Now what you wanna do with Volt shield. Especialy against Bombards? Good luck.

Overload

Too slow. Besides need electricity in evironment to unleash full potential. So better get other frame with good AoE intead Volt

Something like this?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/501755-volt-20-some-ideas/#entry5610489

Hello my dear Tenno fellows,

Before someone starts hating. These are just some suggestions.^^

Actually I liked the idea in the description of Volt:

" Volt can create and harness electrical elements.

-This is a high-damage warframe

-perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay. "
But as we all know, from mid to late game this totally doesn't work.

And I don't even mind it (still makes fun to play him^^)

Guys, It my be a bit much text, but pls read everything before you jugde^^
I think this would help Volt a lot
I dont want to remove the first 3 Skills(mostly aiming for his ult)

So now to my suggestions for a Rework:

-Main Kit-

Ability 1:

I Think right now we can leave this ability as it is. Not bad to stun enemies while reloading.^^

Ability 2:

Speed is Actually very good. Even if I don't like the fact that Volt isn't the fastest with this Ability (

lightning speed)

But maybe this is something for a later diskussion :P

Look under new concept for more info

Ability 3: 

Best abilty in my opinion*_*

But I still would suggest a little tweak;

Going to put this in the new concept down below

This is more an idea I was playing around with. It can stay the same, if no one likes it^^

Instead I would like it to be a sphere.

I know what you guys are thinking. "We have Frost.... Frost has snow globe... we dont need two globes."And You are right. We dont need an electric version of Frost.

I want Volts globe to be very small.(So small only one person can fit in) Very egoistic you say? Well I think this was the actual intention behind electric shield. To give volt some survivability.

Having this sphere doesn't mean you cant use it to defend an objective or a team mate.

But I think this ability should be primaly for Volt himself.

It still can be casted multiple times.(for your squad or objectives)

The animation could be: Volt touching the ground and his electric sphere spawns around him.

Ofcourse the traits "electric shield" has right now should be kept for electric sphere. 

May be add the trait that enemies trying to get in get shocked? (Let me know what you think about it).

The whole Idea behind it was to save some casting time.

Spamming 4 to 5 Shields around you at once (=saved some cating time, but a little smaller at all) 

New(and current) Concept/Idea for Abilty 4 :!!!!!!!

So, what if Overload was a mode, that when activated overloads your abilities

New Overload

-10/20/30s Duration

-initial energy cost = 40

-increased cost for all abilties (look down below for more info)

Animation:
The Lighting effects around Volt are much stronger(indicator for being overloaded)
Imagine it like the Super Sayan 2 Form where they have those lightning effects

maxresdefault.jpg

Overloaded Abilties:

Overloaded Shock 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-Now casts multiple acrs.(Imagine it as "Amprex" with "Multishot")
-Every arc can chain to other enemies.
-Chaining effect prefers enemies that where not stunned before.

How it looks:

ElectromanConcept.jpg 

Overloaded Speed 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-You're affected stronger by speed

(plus 10%/20%/30% of the Speed buff:

-If you have 50% Speed boost you get +30%(at rank3) of your 50%  = 65%)

-This extra boost only affects Volt

The Values of the Overloaded Speed still need some tweaks. But the intention was to boost Volt a bit more than the rest of the team^^ (he finally can be the fastest^^) 

Overloaded Shield 

(actual cost)+ 30 energy

-Instead of a shield, you spawn a sphere, that has the same traits.

-Overload allows interaction with shield(shooting Shock trough e-shield/sphere allows crit and improves the range)

-Enemies that come in contact with the overloaded e-shield/sphere are shocked

How it looks:

(But much smaller)

mass_effect_biotic_sphere_for_xps_by_tal

Altertnate version:
Spawn a bigger shield (not a sphere)

I came to that idea, cuz we all agree that Volt and his first skills are perfect.

So boosting those and taking away the old ult would be fine, wouldn't it?

-alternate changes-

Alternate Ability 4:

Lets be honest. Overload looks very cool and in early game it can wreck everyone. But in mid- to late game  it just says: "Here I am, kill me very quick" Even the fact that it loses dmg once you used it in a specific room.

Just forget about boosting the damage or casting speed. We need something else.
Keep the name Overload, because for my suggestion it really fits.
Now instead of overloading his environment, he should overload his and his team squad's weapons.
What nearly everyone wanted for speed could become true for his new 4th ability.
Overloading the Weapons:
-triggerspeed is boosted
-travel time for bullets, arrows etc. is boosted

-reload speed? depends on how OP this would be

2nd Alternate 4th ability:

Alternative change(less work)

Everything stays at it is. Decrease the dmg of overload or even remove it( I know......"dafuq is this dude talking about?" ^^)
Make the current Speed also affect casting time

All in all I think with this new kit Volt abilties would pefectly match with eachother like they do on the new excalibur right now. So this would make him more useful in late game.
I know I know,  most of you Volt players out there like I am can stand their ground in late game. But I think this would make him the damage support that he actually is.

Hope you guys like my suggestion.
And that the Volt rework could be next after Frost^^
Saryn and Valkyr are next

Edit:

Censium

Mentioned an idea, from what i think would be very cool.:
Volts defensive stat is his shield(150). But sometimes (especially in late game) the recharge time can be a pain in the ***

So this is my idea:

Volt overloads the suits of every frame of the Squad(himself included)

Adding:

-bonus shield

-an accelerated recharge time for it

-timer for recharge is decreased (or =0)

-if the shield gets depleted, the frame emits a electricity wave, releasing the rest of the overcharged energy(like a small ver. of the current overload)

The strenght and range of the small overload, decreases as the timer for the ability goes down

(If the ability for example lasts 30 seconds and only 20 secs are left when the shield depletes, the small overload has  only 66% of his stats. If 10 secs are left while the shield blows away, only 33% of the small overload is emited.

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Volt need a passive skill (actually every Frame beside Frost need a passive skill), not more amor.

Shock: Yeh agree, we need more Megaman hand cannon on Volt

Speed: agree that Volt has his speed on foot and melee speed, but why not increase weapon reload speed too ? Also his speed agument on Corpus ship are 100% glass breaking. Plz fix that

Eletric shield: There's a mysterious line in the middle of the shield, idunno what it does but clearly it blocking my view time to time, it's not very annoying, but still erasing that line would be great.

As for improvement idea. I think that it should function like Odotana Archwing: The shield will follow your front. Additionally if you cast the skill again you can deploy the shield down and it will increase it side. 

Overload: Make the skill not affect by damaging mod, but the number of how many enemy affect by it. For example the skill deal a 100 damage to 1 enemy, so if there's 5 enemy, it will be 500, and if there's 10 enemy, it will become 1k damage for everyone affect by it.

I think it would be fun to make it so that the shield was a 180 coverage it loses hitscan. But rounds that pass through the shield gain a shock effect like the volts shock, then if the volt hits the shield with shock it turn the shield into a ball of lighting that travels forward throwing shocks as it travels.

(snip)

Just-sayin :). I wouldn't worry about "overpowered". I'd worry about "relevant", "valuable", and "competitive".

While I agree with the concept of relevant, valuable, and competitive gameplay on all 'Frames, I do not feel that the term "balance" can be overlooked.  Invisibility/Irradiated Disarm is powerful as hell, but one stray baton can kill you if you're at higher levels.

Exalted Blade was a CRUCIAL addition to Excalibur, who was the biggest joke in game.

A slew of other moves have different attributes that grant them more utility, although there are balancing factors (like immobility, energy drain that prevents energy regen, long cast times, wonkey mechanics vis a vis major builds the REST of the moves require, etc.).

Nobody disagrees that Overload is "valuable", "relevant", and "competitive" ONLY in DE's fond dreams and wishful thinking.  The mechanical interactions of the skill are creative and good, but nothing else about it works.  Without more range, damage, and/or QoL traits, this move will never work past the level 30-ish bracket.

My worries reguarding balance stem from past and ongoing experiences.  Mesa is a perfect example of an idea taken too far.

Damn, why am I arguing this point?  I agree with you almost completely, I just don't want something amazing for 7 minutes before a turbo-nerf.

So from what I understand everyone wants a passive, a buff to his 1st ability, and to do something about that horrible 4th.

My idea is make his passive a buildup for his 4th ie: enemies affected by 1/2/3 will add ticks to a charge for his ult

Each charge will boost his 4th abilities damage...50%? With a max of 10 charges giving it a 500% damage buff at max capacity(See what I did there made the whole word Overload make sense now. How is it an overload if all you do is press the button with nothing charging said Overload)

So hitting enemies with Shock will add a .25 charge per hit(since it chains)(+ give it a damage buff)

Speed will now come built in with the augment(also buffs parkour) and will add .10 charge per enemy ran into(Since with the speed buff you'll hit a good amount of enemies pretty quick and it can be abused then)

Electric Shield will remain the same and will add 1 charge per X amount of damage absorbed(still cant be destroyed though)

Now when casting Overload initial animation speed will remain the same but due to charges cast speed should increase with charge so 1 charge is 5%% cast speed buff(similar to Embers speed buff for her Accelerant)

So this is my idea for adding a passive. Buffing/adding reason for to use Shock, a reason to use Speed a reason to use Electric Shield and an even bigger reason to use Overload.

Edited by rawr1254

Could be just as simple as letting it be affected by Duration and tweaking the shock effect. Longer overloads = more damage, possibly with more cc, allowing shock effects to proc more than once

I dont think that an damage buff for Overload will actually happen.

Since Volt's Overload dealed in CBT lots of damage. This is where the "alternative to gunplay" came from

DE thought that thats not what they want for overload and nerfed it.

So the only alternative we're going to see is a complete rework/change for Overload.

Not a damage buff(since they nerfed it for a reason)

not a casting speed buff (I mean with that poor damage its just a expensive shock)

Better try this:

-It provides synergy

-since Volt is almost perfect this also doesn't change Volt to much

-something else something new

-balanced in my opinion

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/501755-volt-20-some-ideas/#entry5610489

New(and current) Concept/Idea for Abilty 4 :!!!!!!!

So, what if Overload was a mode, that when activated overloads your abilities

New Overload

-10/20/30s Duration

-initial energy cost = 40

-increased cost for all abilties (look down below for more info)

Animation:
The Lighting effects around Volt are much stronger(indicator for being overloaded)
Imagine it like the Super Sayan 2 Form where they have those lightning effects

maxresdefault.jpg

Overloaded Abilties:

Overloaded Shock 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-Now casts multiple acrs.(Imagine it as "Amprex" with "Multishot")
-Every arc can chain to other enemies.
-Chaining effect prefers enemies that where not stunned before.

How it looks:

ElectromanConcept.jpg 

Overloaded Speed 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-You're affected stronger by speed

(plus 10%/20%/30% of the Speed buff:

-If you have 50% Speed boost you get +30%(at rank3) of your 50%  = 65%)

-This extra boost only affects Volt

The Values of the Overloaded Speed still need some tweaks. But the intention was to boost Volt a bit more than the rest of the team^^ (he finally can be the fastest^^) 

Overloaded Shield 

(actual cost)+ 30 energy

-Instead of a shield, you spawn a sphere, that has the same traits.

-Overload allows interaction with shield(shooting Shock trough e-shield/sphere allows crit and improves the range)

-Enemies that come in contact with the overloaded e-shield/sphere are shocked

How it looks:

(But much smaller)

mass_effect_biotic_sphere_for_xps_by_tal

Altertnate version:
Spawn a bigger shield (not a sphere)

I came to that idea, cuz we all agree that Volt and his first skills are perfect.

So boosting those and taking away the old ult would be fine, wouldn't it?

Edited by SteaKnight-X

110 armor for Volt. 220 for Volt Prime. Sure, 220 is a massive buff, but it's thematically hilarious, and I'm from a 220v country.

Base Volt should have an energy buff so the gap between Volt and Volt Prime in that respect isn't that massive.

As for charged powers? On one hand, I love the idea - on the other hand, that's because I've wanted it to be a thing for several warframes, not just Volt, for months now.

1. Alternate possibility for Shock: Instead of a Force Lightning type effect, as awesome as that is, you could make Charged Shock a lightning orb that lingers and shocks enemies constantly for a solid while (scaling with duration, of course). Thing is, Force Lightning would basically be electric Chroma's Spectral Scream and we all know Spectral Scream sucks. (Also, percentage of damage? Shock barely does any! Only if the base is buffed.)

2. I like the charge effect being Shocking Speed. Speed should also magnify the effect of all parkour moves. And possibly maybe one or two seconds extra on the base, but that's not strictly necessary.

Augment idea: Plasma Burn. Speed leaves a wake of electrified gas that deals both electric and fire (separately, yes, not Radiation) damage, with a chance of proc, that lasts for x seconds (scaling). Shocking Speed overcharge gains fire damage and forms a wider plasma nimbus around Volt.

3. Base Electric Shield... I wish it made projectile weapons hitscan, or at least very, very fast. And that the range thing actually scaled with 70 as the minimum. The Overcharged shield could maybe be a little larger... and, possibly, have a chance of reflecting enemy attacks and/or shocking melee range attackers. Or for the gun buff, what if it gave things punchthrough? Not that it's necessary, but at least SOME of these things (not necessarily all, probably OP that way) would make things more fun.

Augment: The mobile "riot shield" is perfect. No reason why this shouldn't be a thing.

4. While I like the idea of a chargeable nuke on SOME level, I kind of want something more mobile. My main difficulty has always been that I've never been able to figure out what it should be.