Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Finished?

TheBrsrkr

No, not if it's a beta or not. That's not the question. Is Warframe as a game completed or not?

On the one hand, we do still have that beta tag. A lot of bugs, incomplete storyline, unbalanced game modes and content and frequent fixes (and breaks) weekly. The game can have aspects changed seemingly overnight., and more and more content is added as time goes by. The dev team is also pretty tiny, and we don't have servers (if that matters).

On the other hand, we have a fully functional cash shop, kind of expensive Prime Access, and we just released in another country. We have a product line too, with T shirts and statues. You could describe the frequent updates as DLC and not be laughed out of the room, and DE does make quite a lot of money, even though it's F2P.

So where does that leave us? Is it complete or still in progress? I say still WIP, but what do you think?

Edited by TheBrsrkr

To be frank i don't consider it Beta (once you charge money in-game for something for me it means you released it regardless of state).

i do consider this game to have drastic changes that alter the game (and there is no better term for it to describe this process so it's we call it beta for the sake of argument.)

Sort of the dangerous thing abut these types of "Betas" is they can get real comfortable in the position they're in, especially when you can purchase things with real money while at the same time they're not being held accountable for things such as addressing the forma (another purchasable item) you use on a weapon that is then nerfed and sometimes made useless. Leaving the resources and or money from a potato or the forma put into it not being reimbursed to you when they dramatically change the weapon into something you wouldn't have infested in. It's possible for the game to never truly be finished. 

I agree with Adaptor-Face.  You could, theoretically, play the game through the first couple missions, and then not worry about anything more than grabbing your favorites (warframe, weapons, mods, etc.).  And then you can move on to your next game and be done with Warframe.  But instead, this game has a very, very active development team who is constantly providing us with new content that doesn't require us to spend a dime.  It's a Free to Play, MMO like DCUO - but far more enteratining and rewarding.  And despite being F2P, any money that is put into it provides far more satisfaction than having to say - pay for DLC that you run once and are done with.  In my opinion - this is a MMO done right: Free to play, but heavily and frequently supported by it's developers.

.... unless you want to think of a "completed" MMO as being dead.  No new activity from developers.  Nothing new to gain and no reason to keep playing.

On the one hand, we do still have that beta tag. A lot of bugs, incomplete storyline, unbalanced game modes and content and frequent fixes (and breaks) weekly. The game can have aspects changed seemingly overnight., and more and more content is added as time goes by. The dev team is also pretty tiny, and we don't have servers (if that matters).

I think this paragraph sums it up pretty well on why the game is not finished yet.

I don't really understand why people fixate on the terms "beta" or "out of beta" or "complete" or "incomplete". They're just words, Warframe is what it is.

You seem to have a decent grasp of their update process, so you're aware that it will continue to grow and change in dramatic ways. You can label it however you want.

It will be finished when we stop throwing our money at DE and that is not going to happen anytime soon...such a great game and even though it can get boring after 1000+ hours...after time you find your way back...I know I did, that is until Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection comes out then Uncharted 4 next year. Warframe will always be one of my top 5 favorite games ever though.

I don't really understand why people fixate on the terms "beta" or "out of beta" or "complete" or "incomplete". They're just words, Warframe is what it is.

You seem to have a decent grasp of their update process, so you're aware that it will continue to grow and change in dramatic ways. You can label it however you want.

I feared the word 'Beta' for this game for some time thinking when it was finished all the plat and MR would reset to 0. That won't happen though.