Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pre-Order Deus Ex: Mankind Divided!

TheErebus.

Four. Days. Early.

That's the ultimate reward? C'mon maybe if we were talking a month ahead but just four days?

The problem is, that this pre-order crap is making this game worse. I mean i would think, that the game is already finished and they just gave the release date to be 4 days later than it has to be, so they can give it out 4 days earlier but the worst case scenario could also be, that the 4 days could be used to make this game better if it is not already finished.

It would be like Digital extremes saying founders now get access to the full version of warframe 4 days earlier than the rest but the full version is not even done and we just get a closed beta-beta 4 days earlier filled with bugs and unbalanced content, since programmers normally work on the game till the last minute.

Back to Deus ex:

If they would just advertise it for what it is, namely a not rushed, not-fully developed version of early access, like most early access-publishers do, this would be fine but giving pre-order-costumers a bugged and rushed release after promising a full launch is bad.

If the game is fully developed already, holding back the release is even more incomprehensible and just seems like a money-grab, i would have more likely seen at EA-games. If you think your game is bad and you NEED the preorder because no one will buy it after the launch you should just  put more hours into it anyway.

Edited by Megakruemel

The problem is, that this pre-order crap is making this game worse. I mean i would think, that the game is already finished and they just gave the release date to be 4 days later than it has to be, so they can give it out 4 days earlier but the worst case scenario could also be, that the 4 days could be used to make this game better if it is not already finished.

It would be like Digital extremes saying founders now get access to the full version of warframe 4 days earlier than the rest but the full version is not even done and we just get a closed beta-beta 4 days earlier filled with bugs and unbalanced content, since programmers normally work on the game till the last minute.

Not quite applicable to an MMO title.

Back to Deus ex:

If they would just advertise it for what it is, namely a not rushed, not-fully developed version of early access, like most early access-publishers do, this would be fine but giving pre-order-costumers a bugged and rushed release after promising a full launch is bad.

If the game is fully developed already, holding back the release is even more incomprehensible and just seems like a money-grab, i would have more likely seen at EA-games. If you think your game is bad and you NEED the preorder because no one will buy it after the launch you should just  put more hours into it anyway.

This isn't really about releasing a game earlier instead of working on it for 4 more days, it's about

1) dividing the community and spoiling the experience for everyone who didn't preorder

2) incentive for those who did preorder to pull others in just because they want the exclusive items - pre-ordering is a commitment that normally one would want to see through and this practice turns consumers themselves anti-consumer 

3) chopping up the game and making it impossible to obtain 100% of the game's content even if you buy into their despicable practice; they make it sound like you have a choice in what bonuses you get but fact is you're actually given a choice in what content will be chopped off from your game

Yes it could be a valid point that the game is being intentionally sold in an incomplete state for the sake of F*** you give us money but reality is 4 days isn't much a gap - by that time the game would already be done anyway and distributed to game stores and preload services for digital platforms.

This is more like crowdfunding meets pre-ordering in worst ways possible resulting in this sick twisted unholy devilish spawn of a business model.

It's as if they want to one up Konami in shooting themselves in the foot.

Shout-out to the pre-order video's 72 dislikes for every like.  Lot's of criticism vid's popping up on youtube and it's only been up a little over a day.

It is by far the worst video with highest percentage of dislikes I've ever seen on Youtube.

I would be laughing hard if pirates manage to crack the game prior or during that 4 day delay.

They will, along with all the "exclusive content" that paying customers won't have access to the entirety of.

So... those sailing under the black flag will be the only ones getting full version of the game?

Yes, that's what's happening.

It is a royal F*** up when a company manages to deliver a product inherently inferior to a pirated one. It's not the first time this happens (retailer exclusives anyone?) but it's by far the worst of them.

My guess is that the game will be buggy mess for at least those 4 days.

Also, "pick one reward from each tier"? You should get them all if you are going to pre-order this.

Chances are that the number of preorders doesn't matter and that all preorder milestones will be "met" (otherwise it would look bad on Sqenix) so the game is most likely slated to be released 4 days "early" already

I would be laughing hard if pirates manage to crack the game prior or during that 4 day delay.

Unless Squenix decides to slap Denuvo (or some similar bullS#&$) on the game, it will be cracked within hours of release at worst

It is by far the worst video with highest percentage of dislikes I've ever seen on Youtube.

I wanted to say Hit the Lever but it's only 40:1 split on that one