Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Are The Grineer Manics?

Bhao

Question

hi

I can't find any Grineer Manics anymore. I tried the suggest method of not turning off alarms all over the system, but not a single one ever appeared. I sometimes see Drekar Manics, especially during uranus boss fights, but it seems these are not the right ones.

I'm thinking I have only seem a single one since U17 and that was during an uranus sabotage mission, that has you destroying some manic specimen or something, and I suspect that one was scripted there.

To get to the point:    Where do I farm ash parts these days?

I think i'm closer Ash Prime than Ash right now, but... I kinda want both.

Thanks for any help.

20 answers to this question

I found one last week (I haven't played much).

They seem to be a lot rarer and more like minibosses sort of thing (quite sad actually, they are not that hard).

This one in particular made its creepy laugh and all that before I saw it and it was a single one.

Edit: The one of the Uranus event was a manic Bombard if I remember correctly. It was indeed scripted and I think they are not around at all except for that specific part of the event if you chose to aid the religious profit dude. A variant of them appear with Tyl Regor, but it is the Uranus variant (forgot their name, kind of like the Arid types)

Edited by HellEnforcer

I've noticed that as well, since U17 I haven't seen a single Manic during my Syndicate missions, and they would always spawn in there before that update. They should spawn on planets like Ceres since it's a high level, but unless they rose up their enemy level spawn requirement, they should spawn on syndicate missions and planets at around level 20 minimum, which they aren't right now.

Manic Bombard is scripted in the Uranus sabotage mission yes, just like how they were scripted in their event, except now you can complete the mission with any of the 2 methods of killing them, while before you were forced to use a method accordingly to the side that you had chosen.

I find it a shame that the Manic and Juggernaut seem to have been abandoned and haven't been fixed, Bursa moas seem to be getting the same abandonment treatment since they haven't been properly added to the game.

As for me, I can't help you. D;

Typically, Ceres is good, if you set off the alarms and wait ~5 minutes.

Drekar Manics also have a chance to drop Ash parts, just a lower chance than regular Manics.

did several ceres the last few days. set off alarms both with and without lockouts. even waited around in one place for 10 mins or ran around only occasionally killing anything for again about 10 minutes. no manic.

codex says no to ash parts on drekar manic.

Sedna,Assination.Kela boss fight usually spawn 1 Manic per run(for me it is).Try there

same thing. did several fights there just now after your post. quick ones, slow ones, one running around for 10 mins only occasionally damaging kela and otherwise only killing other mobs. no manic.

Any high level Grineer mission have a chance to spawn 1 or more, just don't rush the mission Also try Extermination missions too.

did try several ext on phobos and ceres last few days. got alarms, got several inquisitors. not one manic.

is this maybe a problem with my mastery rank or my weapon rating? i got lots of inquisitors. am i maybe to high to spawn them?

Sabotage usually has 1 per mission

i just tried reldresal and d'arrest on phobos, thon and pallas on ceres and earlier 3 different ones on uranus. again taking my time, making sure there was an alarm. not a single manic.

A four man Assassination of Tyl Regor is guaranteed to spawn quite a few during his second and third phase.

The number spawned scales with players present, so don't try it solo.

EDIT: Disregard this, I forgot they were a different strain of Manics.

Edited by Brimir

I find that they spawn in droves in Law of Retribution, but that may not be practical for you, depending on how well equipped you are.

it's not really an option for me to farm ash there, i think.

i'm starting to think the whole thing is bugged. :/

edit: typos

Edited by Bhao

I am in the same position. Ash is the only current frame I need, the annoying thing is I only need his helmet.

Although I have managed to get a manic to spawn every time on cassini, Saturn. It's a survival and he appears at the 15/16 minute mark.... Problem is everytime I kill it he drops... Nothing at all not even a mod :(

Egeria, 15 minutes. Always seems to send a manic your way although weirdly you don't always hear the laughter to announce their presence. Killed about 6 while farming the new Mios stance, only 1 of them dropped an Ash part.

If you want an easier location, Phobos Survival seems to have a good chance on 15 minutes as well.

Edited by Zilchy