Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.4.2

DE_Adam

well, i guess carrier prime is still the only sentiel to use. thanks for making a sniper rifle not a sniper rifle (can't be a sniper rifle if it doesn't have accuracy at a distance).

EDIT:

well, at least people on the console can learn from us and not waste their time on a sentiel that can't perform anymore.

Edited by darksithis002

I remember watching a recent devstream and one of the devs commented on how lazy everyone is just using carrier/carrier prime.

Want to know why we use Carriers? Kubrows have broken pathing and get stuck in random places throughout the map which makes them completely useless half the time. As for the other sentinels, like Vuklok, they just get nerfed so there is no point in using them anymore or they have sub-par skill sets.

As for nerfing the Vuklok, reducing the fire rate makes sense but then reducing the ACCURACY and firing DISTANCE on a SNIPER weapon as well? Who even cares if the crit damage and crit chance are increased if it can't land shots consistently... Way to make a sniper not a sniper at all. /golfclap

If it were me I would have just tweaked the base weapon damage, reduced the fire rate, add the "less accuracy while moving" debuff, and only MAYBE slightly tweak the firing distance since it's just a sentinel weapon and not a full fledged sniper if it really seemed like a big issue (btw it was fine before).

Niko fix is fine doe. Good job on that.

Edited by Ghrimreeper

IF it hits yes it hits even harder problem is even with terminal velocity it misses plenty often like 2/3 of the time paired with a halfed RoF that is a severe nerf. Even worse we can´t do anything to improve that since there is no mod that improves accuracy. Before it was travel time that impaired the aim, we could mod accordingly and slot terminal velocity, there is no way to get around this nerf.

At first I thought as well, what the hell it will hit even harder with this despite the Rof nerf.....then after some testing I realized: " A look it misses more than it hits despite all the modding, slotting terminal velocity not slotting heavy cal.... nice". It is useless now, well done.

You know a simple RoF nerf and a modest damage reduction would have done the trick, instead you choose this......"picard facepalm". 

Oh and your "red crit" territory boils down to 1.5% chance for people not slotting a maxed arcane avenger.......

Its reaction time is also somewhat down.....

Forcing people to mod for crits limits its utility even more, that deserves a double facepalm....

Yes, althou I still stand on the rest of the nerfs, the Acuraccy Nerf, as everyone has already said it, is a killer deal-breaker for a sniper rifle.

:|

im sorry but i STILL think this is a stupid idea....and has been forever.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if it marked the mods that are on sentinel vs weapons... but ideally you have no way of knowing which mod is equipped where. Which means frustration for players when you equip a mod on a primary that is equipped on sentinel only to get annoying nag message...

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

I am very sad that DE continuously "balances" the game. I happen to disagree with what is considered balanced. Mainly we finally got a new sentinal weapon that was awesome, did a decent amount of damage and was fun to use. Now with my 6-forma'd vulklock, it's not even worth it anymore because of the accuracy nerf. DE, please stop nerfing everything that is fun. I continue to play this game because of the great graphics, my friends, and the HOPE that one day we will be able to actually have decent things that may be OP but are worth my time and effort to make it that way (not for you to take away). But you own all things Warframe, even my hard earned items, so you are free to do as you please....but really, I hope you think about the people that play this game religiously and are worthy of opinion (not just the loud, minority of whiners). Thanks.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if DE actually spent some time to... well... you know... mark the mods that are on sentinel vs weapons... but ideally you have no way of knowing which mod is equipped where.  Which means frustration for players when you equip a mod on a primary that is equipped on sentinel only to get annoying nag message...

.. but hey... DE are Trolls... so I guess it's to be expected.

it used to have a mark and a list of what the mod was on...but since they changed the mod UI it no longer has that :(

Vulklok now has higher damage per shot but lower burst dps and lower sustained dps.  If what others have said about the accuracy is true then that higher damage per shot doesn't matter since the low accuracy causes the sentinel to miss too often for you to even get a look at that higher damage.

Congrats on making a great sentinel weapon and then ruining it.  Of all the weapons that actually needed to be rebalanced you chose probably one of the only things that was fine as it was.

Edited by djternan