Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.4.2

DE_Adam

Okay...

There is an odd bug that has been with the Vulkok ever since its release. If you add fire damage to it (Any fire damage, not just the 90% one), the UI displays either 144% extra damage (if it's the 90% mod) or 96% extra damage (if it's the 60% ones).

I don't know if it affects the damage of the rifle itself, I just wanted to note it.

Vulkok receives the 60% Heat damage bonus from Fired Up that only the Deconstructor is supposed to get.

After doing some test runs with the new nerfs to the Vulklok sniper rifle...I have formed an opinion.

I can say that the damage nerf is not a probem at all, and no. I am actually not being sarcastic. I really couldn't care less about it.
The accuracy/range debuff is not noticeable at all, it's not an issue!
I can safely say that the Vulklok sniper rifle, will always remain, and be known as THE sentinel sniper rifle.
I totally am not considering going back to Carrier prime. Unlike everyone else.  ;)

I know, right? This community can be unreasonable and ridiculous at times. The Vulklok was obviously too strong. But hey, let's cry about a justified nerf anyway!

And the Sweeper/Sweeper Prime/ Prime Laser Rifle aren't too strong compared to the other sentinel weapons?  Let's just be honest here, sweeper is hellaciously OP, let alone sweeper prime.

Soma not OP on release?

Acrid not OP back in the day?

Marelok not literally 3x stronger than the other pistols in its class?

Tonkor not 2-5 times stronger than any of the other launchers except possibly Torid?

Oh wait.  Compared to the other weapons back when they came out, all of those weapons were several orders of magnitude stronger.

The problem is, we honestly can't tell when DE will consider something OP or not (Tonkor, Soma, Kohm [which had a lot of suspicious evasions as well], Marelok, etc.) because the power creep is not only real, but really really rapid.  Once you consider that, the rate of release of weapons with "incorrect/bugged/swapped" numbers is way too high, and seems mildly disingenuous.

Soooo, this all over again.

Even though I never wanted to use the Vulklok cos I'm always using my Tonkor and didn't want to make another set of mods for the sentinel sniper, this nerf or fix or whatever kind of irks me.

As I had written back when the Excal EB nerfs happened, I have no problems with nerfs but please DE stop releasing things which are not 'intended' because it is getting tiring to see this happen again and again.

Are you seriously telling us that NO ONE at DE realised that the stats from Lanka had been apparently copy pasted over to the Vulklok? Does this mean there are no audits or gameplay tests done with these things before they are released? Are these things just delegated to some random employee and they are given free reign to do as they please with these items, and then said items are released without a look over by the main DEvs who are supposed to be in charge?

How come in the last Devstream Multishot suddenly became a 'bug' and was 'unintended' for 2 years? It seems that you guys just pick and choose things to nerf and come up with some excuse to say it was 'unintended'......

Please stop doing this DE, for your own sake and ours too. We will accept any stats on any item as long as you release it as it was 'intended' in the first place. This argument is not about nerfs, it is about not being able to give us working toys and then taking away and 'fixing' said toys when you feel like it. That 'fixing' then breaks those toys more than they already were. Why can't we just get the fixed toys in the first place?

Either that, or please put atleast a little playtesting and rechecking before releasing your fixes. We as a community aren't here solely to play test this game for you.

Anyway, moving on....

1. Still no fix for Loki Teleport not switching the position of his Decoy >

Posted in Update 17 Bug Report Megathread >

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/504156-u17-bug-report-megathread/page-34#entry5644131
The problem does not show up all time time and mostly only after a few switch teleports but it still happens.

2. Still no fix for Loki Prime PBR update combining Tint color 3 and 4, thereby reducing customisation options >

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/503604-de-your-prime-gear-pbr-treatment-sucks-and-here-is-why/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/503588-immediate-loki-prime-pbr-feedback/

3. Still no fix for Ash Prime Texutre, Mesh and Animation bugs found in this Megathread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

4. Still no fix for Lighting in Void, Derelict and Relays not rendering PBR'd items correctly > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/484085-videos-pbr-physical-based-rendering-not-working-properly-on-void-tilesets-relays/

5. Still no fix for Chesa Kubrows AI and pathing > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500849-chesa-kubrow-hype-destroyed/

Edited by Sci_Ant

Still no fix for DE logic

It all stems from lack of extensive play testing. DE had pretty much admitted they don't play the game that much themselves. Rebecca compared it to a baker not being able to eat everything he makes. However, a baker MUST test every new product that he makes to make sure it is up to standards. DE seems to not do that.

Yay!  Now there's ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to use the Vulklok!  Hooray!!!

Seriously.

The main balance to that weapon was the fact that it COULD kill things before you were able to address them.  The issue with it was that it's accuracy was a little too good, OR that it's damage was too devastating for you to get kills.  Hitting BOTH kills the weapon completely.  The addition of status is irrelevant in the current damage model.

I guess it's back to Sweeper supremacy again...

EDIT:  Still no fix for the Mara Detron not being compatable with the Shock Camo skin.

What, did you think that I was gonna suddenly say "Oh, God, I was SO wrong to hate on the new Vulklok that CLEARLY is better"?  I wasn't joking.  I'm back to Carrier, a.k.a. your WORST idea EVER for a sentinel, because it's more useful to vacuum loot and kill things than to angrily electrocute them.

DAMN

R.I.P., lumpy angry jellyfish thing.

Edited by Cytobel

I don't see why everyone's so fussy over the vulklock accuracy nerf, carrier doesn't have a very long range anyway.  >>

This nerf is sort of the thing that's broken the camel's back. We've had a lot of nerfs recently that the majority does not like. When they stack up like this people get hostile.

Are you seriously telling us that NO ONE at DE realised that the stats from Lanka had been apparently copy pasted over to the Vulklok? Does this mean there are no audits or gameplay tests done with these things before they are released? 

It wasn't the Lanka's stats copy/pasted; its just that Vulklok's power level approached the Lanka's for whatever reason.

I don't think DE has any real non-casual players in their team, or not enough.  The kinds of mistakes they often make almost always would have been sniffed out quickly by a small team of savvy players, had they been able to test.  

It wasn't the Lanka's stats copy/pasted; its just that Vulklok's power level approached the Lanka's for whatever reason.

I don't think DE has any real non-casual players in their team, or not enough.  The kinds of mistakes they often make almost always would have been sniffed out quickly by a small team of savvy players, had they been able to test.  

Yes, exactly.

Vulklok Weapon Changes:

The following changes have been made to the Sentinel Vulklok weapon as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/526736-psa-vulklok-damage-adjustments/

• Weapon damage has been reduced.
  • Weapon accuracy and rate of fire has been reduced.
  • Proc chance for electric procs has been increased.
  • Weapon crit chance and crit damage has been increased.

Can you make up your mind before you guys release stuff? ¬¬ it's better now but geez, you just released the thing...

Thank you so much for your work, DE!

I really appreciate the fix for the Vandal / Quanta Vandal detonation bug.

I love this game so much!

Another quanta bug!?!?

Yes, I have run into another Quanta Vandal bug.

This may be from the original update that *may have* caused the detonation of the cubes to bug out.

So basically, the cubes have a tendency to ignore walls/items/enemies/everything on occasion.

THIS IS NOT ALL THE TIME. I notice it a ton with void bombards and walls near the beginning of missions.

For example, I just loaded up a run on the Survival Palus (I am writing this inside the mission right now), and the wall directly above the door that you first go through does not exist according to my quanta vandal cubes. My warframe properly does not go through it, including the Quanta Vandal regular lazer fire, and my Synoid Gammacor.

This was present BEFORE you patched the cube detonation bug, which makes me think is the issue that started the cube detonation bug in the first place.

Another note: the cubes used to explode upon contact with any mobile enemy, which was awesome for nuking down bombards and other hard to kill things, and gave it a sort of crowd-control-esque type of feel when you laid out a line of them in front of horde.

I would really like to see this (quanta cube going through walls/enemies/items) fixed along with the ability to explode on contact with enemies. I think that if you find the cause of this bug, you may actually completely fix the other cube detonation bug, so there may be some counter debugging that needs to happen: like work this bug fix with a build before the cube detonation bug was fixed and then the current build.

I'm not sure how you guys do debugging, but I'm willing to help with anything if need be! Just message me and I'll do my best to help.

As always, have a great day all of you at DE! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

I cannot get enough of this game!