Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Your Reason For Not Using Kubrows?

_Rue_

Have not read all the replys, but here is what pop up in my mind.

I think what most peopel forget, is that the kubrow, is a pet for a melee frame. As most of the stat mods, is baset on the frame you use. Not to forget "leader of the pack" mod, that heal the kubrow, baset on the melee-damage you do to the enermy.

Use the kubrow my self alot, and here are somethings I learned abut them.

If ther are no enermy in side, and it start to growl, enermy er close by. So you get a warning, when the enermy is close.

If it start to wimp, its shield is Down, and it start to lose Health. So it is good time to start melee the enermy.

Problems I got with them.

There ability to get stuck from time to time.

There ability move in front of you and block your shots, when it dont attack a enermy.

They need a large area to turn.

What can be done?

As most peopel say, give them a better AI.

Some ideas to this:

If you shotting, and it is not attacking, it move to your side.

Are you aiming, it starts to guard your back, maybe even growl, when it attack a enermy that get to close.

Some other things I got on my mind.

Like the sentinels, each kubrow got there abilitys. But that make them only good, for some few missions. Sunika is good for captur, and sahasa is good for wave baset mission, as it can use dig after each wave and so on. And this is were stasic is a problem, you cant chance them from mission to mission, as with the sentinel. And even whit the update of the stasic, 30 min is along time.

What I think need to be done?

Well, each kubrow need to be able to use all 9 abilitys (know there are 10, but Sunika and Sahasa, share a ability), yes, you can put all abilitys in one build, but in doing so, you weakken the kubrow, as you dont have room for stats mods.

We can how ever still have 5 breeds of kubrows.

One that is a standart, with all around stats.

One big and got better armor and more health, but is slow and got lower shield.

One small and fast, but got low armor and less Health.

One that has higher crit chance and better shield, but lower Health.

And one with higher damage and Health, but lower shield.

But where we got 3, maybe 4 types of kubrows, we now got 5, each breed get there own Unique look. The damage one have stronger limps and the crit one have bigger tooths and nails and so on.

Well, that was my 2 cent, as some say

Somethings I forgot to tell, whit thos types of kubrows, some mods will work better with one type of kubrow, the small one will be good a get things and hunt down a targets, and so on. This give people, the ability to pick the kubrow they wandt, and can use it in any mission they wandt. Now they just need to chance to the mods, they wandt to use in a given mission.

Edited by Agilos

Im a carrier user, but whenever i feel like picking a kubrow, i dont becouse i have to wait (30 minutes with upgrade) to use the one i want. 

Edit: That is the main reason, i dont care about offensive capabilities and the other obvious problems that they have (AI) are.. well, obvious. 

That's rushable for 10,000 credits, thats like one mission. That is no reason at all if you have the incubator upgraded.

That's rushable for 10,000 credits, thats like one mission. That is no reason at all if you have the incubator upgraded.

They are comparing it to sentinels, that are companions too. It costs 0 credits to switch sentinels.

If someone wants to swap Kubrows depending on the mission that's gonna stack and not everyone has a lot of credits to burn.

On top of that, it's only available to people who have the upgrade.

I will always use carrier, unless a lot changes.

If ammo and energy come to me automatically, I can focus on combat. I play warframe to kill stuff, not pick up ammo packs.

Having the lowest target acquisition range of any sentinel, it doesn't get in my way either.

Kubrow AI is... well, I can't think of a nice word for it.

Kubrows get in the way, blocking my shots, getting me killed if I use explosives.

Kubrows Leeroy in.

I hate dogs with a passion. So I'd never use a kubrow, even if that were the only reason.

The cats just look weird, so I doubt I'd use one of those either.

DNA, loyalty and defrosting time are stupid.

Ranged attacks and elemental procs from a sentinel suit me better.

I think that's everything, sorry if I missed anything. But yeah, I hate kubrows.

Because I have far more things to worry about than such an insignificant being. Why waste my time doing all of this breeding nonsense with Kubrows when I could just build a sentinel?

A carrier is simply all I need. It picks up all of the ammo around me so that I can worry more about combat, and the mods available for sentinels are good enough. Can't get much better than sanctuary, guardian, animal instinct and coolant leak.

I would much rather focus on the gear that matters (Warframes, guns, melee) than worry about a Kubrow which will have such a small effect on my gameplay.

They are comparing it to sentinels, that are companions too. It costs 0 credits to switch sentinels.

If someone wants to swap Kubrows depending on the mission that's gonna stack and not everyone has a lot of credits to burn.

On top of that, it's only available to people who have the upgrade.

Fair enough on the comparison to the sentinels but still the upgrade isnt that hard to get if people actually play in a clan and are willing to help eachother. In my old storm clan 1 person just gave all the resources and creds to build it as soon as it came out...

Lazyness and selfishness play a part in this as well.

Edited by Mr.Pava

Why i don't use Kubrows? Many reasons, let's start at the abilities and main differences between Kubrows and Sentinels:

Protect? It can refill your shields, although it doesnt fill large shields to 100%, and it triggers almost immediately upon you taking damage, thus wasting it. It is also locked to the Raksa kubrow. The Sentinel equivalent, Guardian always refills any shield to 100% no matter capacity, and only triggers when they're drained, which means it's never wasted.

Protect also has a 7 second cooldown, compared to 30 seconds on Guardian.

Fair enough on the comparison to the sentinels but still the upgrade isnt that hard to get if people actually play in a clan and are willing to help eachother. In my old storm clan 1 person just gave all the resources and creds to build it as soon as it came out...

Lazyness and selfishness play a part in this as well.

You judge too quickly and assume a lot of things.

The fact is one does not need a clan to get Carrier or most of the sentinels.

A sentinel is easy to get, easy to use, has no upkeep, has no wait time after it's built.

There's no need for a clan or an upgrade or to spend 10k credits every time you want to switch.

Kubrows aren't the only companions, and in light of everything people are saying in this thread that 10k just piles up.

The way things are going only people who have plat and credits to burn use Kubrow. Is that the intention?

If DE wants the average Joe to use Kubrow, then they need to address all these.

I use a sunika with a bunch of formas in him for my solo survival run. I can heal it with melee and it will last the whole game with out dying. Sentinels eat a few rockets and are done. Teamed up with an Excal it's a good combo and will do a finisher when I blind. Its not super helpful or anything but looks cool if it kills things. I guess it doesn't really do me any good. I just like big smelly slobbery dogs.

I play a lot so I try to find a use for all my things. Deth cube is junk other than it has a really cool skin that look like the G3 sentinel. Wyrm will save you from an ancient grapple. Djinn is a good idea but it really doesn't work too well. Carrier is an awesome space eggplant thing and vacuum allows so much cheese. Shade is not dependable. Sentinels need secondary utility.

I like the flying horseshoe that scans, it got the stalker scans for me.

Im sure death wish is what you meant by this but.. It seriously LOVES to just stand in electric water, or those flamethrower things in grineer zones, or those big electric tunnels to get shocked to death in void.

I also feel there should be a way to have it be passive / just follow for a bit, for example while i was trying to scan my synthesis target, the kubrow killed it -_-

Maybe a force way to be able to tell it to come so you can pull it out of traps but yeah. Its costly if it dies, and in some situations like the electric tunnel in void, you cant revive him or you die...

I feel also they should be attacking things more, sometimes that stand still as mentioned is rediculous.. something will be attacking me while dog is just standing or derping around.

AI In general needs a lot of work.. 

Regardless though I do use the kubrows but those are key annoyances for me.

Across the board they:

Can't find their way around. To/from anything. (i.e. Pathing AI is terrible to nonexistent)

Take forever to do... anything. They spend most of their time in animation cycles, wasting their time (and mine).

Don't have comparable beneficial abilities. Carrier picks up ANYTHING within range/view, Wyrm attacks enemies 10x faster than a kubrow roaming around (spending it's time in animation cycles). And so on...

Their toughness is useless. We can't tell them where to go, what to attack, so they are reliant on currently HORRIBLE AI. Sentinels survive better, because when we run/hide, they do the same. I can't count how many times I've pulled back from a crowded room, only to have to go right back in because my kubrow stayed there and died.

Kubrows are (IMO) a perfect example of game content that needs to be fixed/reworked BEFORE new/additional stuff is released. They "could" be so great and worth the upkeep, but as it stands there are usually better options. (with exceptions, of course. I am aware some kubrow builds are great. I just wish they weren't so few and far between.)

1) Kubrows cannot fly, the AI navigation is garbage.
so if you bullet jump into high ground to protect yourself from damage, your kubrow will be sitting on the ground waiting to be slaughtered.

2) Kubrows roam freely, spoiling any stealth content, basically it goes say hello to your enemies 
letting everyone know prematurely.

3) DNA stabilizer is effectively pet food you need to feed your kubrow to keep it alive.

4) Melee only, no command option. Which they basically do suicidal charge against heavy gunners if the facepalm level is not enough.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Negatives:

-Kubrow is separate model. Which means enemy can target it, without targeting you. Example: player is hiding behind some solid object like a wall, when kubrow stay in the open dying to heavy gunner. Or catching all these Napalmer shots to set player on fire, even if said player is hiding behind the wall.

-Kubrow has only one damage type. Which means no radiation, no viral, no blast or corrosive procs on a targets to assist player during the run.

-Kubrow has low damage.

-Kubrow is slow on doing things. Like attacking. Also very slow animations of special moves, like attacking.

-Kubrow has poor CCs in general. The only CC Kubrow has is a fear, and as we all know Fear is the worst type of CC ever, be it pve or pvp.

- Kubrow has poor combat utility powers. Single target disarm is a joke. For invisibility i pick Shade. Always.

-----------

Good thing about kubrow: Me and my brother are playing this game melee only, because it's more or less making WF fun. So health regen for Kubrow through melee attacks is the only good thing about this type of companion.

Outside of getting stuck one some tilesets and the pain-in-the-butt to max mods, I have no problem with my furball.

He's a Huras, and have saved my as in t4 countless times. Stop shooting to revive a teamate? Stalk protects me (except when the tenno I'm reviving has a fking sentinel atracting fire from all directions). Knocked down by a bombar? the dog slice the mthfkr in half in 2 swipes. All the furball needs is upkeep and trust (and a lot of investment)