Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If All Sentinels Had Vacuum, Would Your Companion Choice Change?

ZinGrin

Agreed. Although, I'm not gonna lie...for most of my early warframe days I did use carrier just for the purpose of vacuum...mostly because when runnin' in matches I'd fall behind. But after a year, I'd stick with my Huras Kubrow any day. 

Thinking more about it as days pass from the last dev stream...Honestly, placing vacuum on other sentinels would be like releasing a band-aid mod. I think that all the sentinels should be looked at! Buffed up in needed areas, possibly redesigned a bit or polished up. If they all have the ability to the one same thing.....we're still going to go for which one is strongest support. Which still seems like people are going to go for the carrier. Sentinels are there for support, not there to do the job for you. 

Isn't vacuum doing the job of pick up for you?

Carrier is beloved because it allows players to be lazy.  Diriga was the same way: it allowed players to be lazy while it annihilated everything for them.  Fact is, if DE gave the player base the option to either grind out everything as they are now, or just click a button and get everything free right away, they'd eagerly hit that button then ask "now what do I play for?"  While carrier and the former Vulklok are a far cry from that extreme, they still cater to the average "player's" general unwillingness to actually play, because that requires a modicum of effort and possibly skill.

And we seriously wonder why games rely on carrots on a really long stick that bobs in and out of reach at random.

Edited by Littleman88

1) Currently?

If (Player==G.Mag) then (Companion(any))
Else if (Map==void) and (Player==Disarm!Loki) then (Companion=Wyrm)
Else if (Raid) then (Companion=Shade or Huras)
Else (Companion=Carrier).

What would I change to?
Wyrm, Huras, Diriga.

2) Too speculative, don't have an answer off the top of my head. Edited by Chroia

If I had to pick between sentinels, even now I would pick the Diriga for anything that isn't resource farming. Diriga would be my main driver if I could only have sentinels.

Right now, I would take Chesa over anything else, uselessness and all simply because I love seeing it carry stuff. A close second is Sahasa for energy at the start of a mission.