The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time To Stop Having Rare Event Mods That Sell For Upwards Of 500 Platinum.

Fomiru

Below is a repost of what I said earlier in response to a similar post. None of these mods are necessary. They are not game breaking. They are just desirable. You don't have one of these mods, well get over it. I don't have them either.

19 September 2015 - 09:18 PM

The "trader" should never have event mods. I don't have them all and will never be able to afford them all. BUT one of my favorite things about this game is exclusives. No one is complaining about excalibur prime cause it was made very plain that it is "EXCLUSIVE".  I'd like to see more exclusives, items only acquirable if you are there at the right time to get it. Re-offering the wraith twin viper or dex furious under certain limited circumstances is great, such as the special event this weekend. I don't think there should be any kind of hope that items will be offered again though as a given surety. This gives unique items and rewards status and special meaning. This makes them desirable.

No sorry, there is this thing called 75% platinum discount that you can get for free by logging on.

And if they would drop, who the hell would participate in the event anymore.

I know Founders that have never gotten 75% discounts, and I have even only gotten 2 in the entire time playing warframe (I've never had a break beyond a few days due to work, playing some every weekend).  So no they are not by any means common nor even reliable, and the 50% ones aren't much better.  While Consoles don't get the discounts at all.

The other aspect is most of these mods are not drops, but are rewards.  Thus the majority of people selling them have to be using the multiple accounts interacting with each other to even have spares for the selling, which is a clear exploit that DE have said is not allowed.  Sure a few players likely sell them because they wont use them but I doubt that is common.

That said most mods eventually do hit the game again as drops or rewards.  Sadly many are showing up only on baro, which is a limited thing players may very well miss as well.

Edited by Loswaith

Below is a repost of what I said earlier in response to a similar post. None of these mods are necessary. They are not game breaking. They are just desirable. You don't have one of these mods, well get over it. I don't have them either.

19 September 2015 - 09:18 PM

The "trader" should never have event mods. I don't have them all and will never be able to afford them all. BUT one of my favorite things about this game is exclusives. No one is complaining about excalibur prime cause it was made very plain that it is "EXCLUSIVE".  I'd like to see more exclusives, items only acquirable if you are there at the right time to get it. Re-offering the wraith twin viper or dex furious under certain limited circumstances is great, such as the special event this weekend. I don't think there should be any kind of hope that items will be offered again though as a given surety. This gives unique items and rewards status and special meaning. This makes them desirable.

Tbh no one complained about exca p because it was just a reskin.

Compared to that, wraith vipers were best machine pistols for a long time, wraith strun dominated every other shotgun when it was released, imperator vandal is still best all round gun for archwing and it goes on,

If i remember right only gorgon wraith and machete/prova were pretty meh when they came out.

From mods there is no possibility for reskin, even stances generally offer a specific advantage or disadvantage due to their moveset.

too bad I don't buy Plat much T T it's like DE is spamming in my face "go make a bank account"

And that's why you get it so often. Lemme guess, when you do buy plat it's in small amounts, like five to ten dollars, right? It's a marketing tactic to get you to try a bigger bundle and realize you really like it.

I on the other hand saw my first 75% off in February of 2014 and used it to buy the $100 bundle and I haven't seen one since.

Well, I might have gotten one during the Viver fiasco but at that point my trust in DE was so low I doubt I would have used a '99% all purchases for 24 hours' coupon.

i disagree, basically the fact that they are time limited and reappear from time to time is more enjoyable for me than having permanently available.

Now i understand that you can feel frustrated about it but that's what make it so pleasant when one of those mods comeback^

i disagree, basically the fact that they are time limited and reappear from time to time is more enjoyable for me than having permanently available. Now i understand that you can feel frustrated about it but that's what make it so pleasant when one of those mods comeback^

Unless they come back as the Tethra's Doom set did originally. Then it's more of a slap in the face. Baro isn't much better as a source either.

Now a permanent addition to Eris survivals after Breeding Grounds? That would have been fine.

A friend who sadly doesn't play now, got about 6-8 in 6 months.  She only ever bought 75P at a time.

I've never bought Plat itself.  I got a Steam pack at the beginning and a couple of PA since (Rhino and Nova).  I don't trade all that much but sold my last two Frost Pr sets last week to top things up.

Edited by Sabreracer

The whole "log in and get discount codes bruh" is kinda ignorant.  Those codes are not seen very much, and to those that play on a console, you dont get them at all.

I've seen people in chat that say they want to sell an event mod, I message them asking how much, they say offer, so I make a decent offer of 250p and these cock%&^s respond by laughing and saying no, how about 1800p.

1800p

1  8  0  0  platinum.....

Are you @(*()$ kidding me......And that is exactly why these mods need to be in the upper limit of game mods, period.  DE wants new players to pay "more" for old stuff?  What assbackwards business model is that?

I'm no stranger to spending some money for plat, bought the Volt prime pack, and the ash prime accessories pack.  Whatever.  But with all of that plat, it was spent on slots, slots, more slots, slots, clan research, slots, slots, slots, and warframes that  didnt feel like grinding for weeks for.

I scored Fanged fusilade for 250p.  A good friend of mine scored Buzzkill for 50.

Either a hard limit for prices needs to be set, some sort of auction of some design, or put these mods in the loot tables, I dont even care if the chances are super low.....Let me grind my thumbs to dust trying to get a Bore to drop, rather than paying some tool in the trade chat a tank of gas worths of money for a piece of code.

Not really, I get them twice a week sometimes. I think it might be in algorithm where the less you buy, the more you see it.

They start rolling in about a week after I buy the lowest plat pack.  Starts out at 20%, then 50% and finally 75% roughly a month later if I buy once at each level.

The price for anything is what buyer and seller agree, if you agree to pay 500plat for something you want then that is your choice however the pentration mod set is about due to be released again so personaly I would say just wait.

Primed chamber is a special reward and it will no doubt be availible as part of some competition again if you missed the last one.

If you are unwilling to pay the asking price then do not, the price will either come down if availiblity increases or you will just have to accept that you do not have every single mod out there.

To be frank there are much better mods that came out early in the game history via transmution and they arent going to be put in again so give up on  competionship in this game.

I agree

I can tell you that most of the new players in my clan get really bored when they see that they can't get all mods and that they will need either to farm prime parts for days or to pay to get IPS mods or event mods (selling them with Baro was bad dumb idead in my opinion because players are still increasing their prices, and this is not something fun, players should be able to reach thoose ESSENTIAL mods by themselves, just go to the warframe's general topic on 4chan and you will get an idea of how sarcastic payers are sometimes, trying to sell new payers anything at a scandalous price:

"LOL I just sold an electric status mod set for 1000 plats XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" or "I sold this guy a tempo royale for 500"

I know free marked is necesary, between payers, but thoose event mods are just to important to be ony accesible by that way, they should be aded to the game drop tables ASAP, warframe is grindy enough, no needs to add a couple of abusive sellers as a necessary path on top of that, the suply granted by baro is just to low, and IPS mods are still missing, this situation will just continue to make poeple quit because they are facing a limit where any evolution is just not wort the trouble, adding them into higher mission drop tables or bosses would help greatly.

Btw I'm MR20 and I have all of them, so there is nothing personal in that request.

The huge quantity of best-in-slot, event-only mods is ridiculous for several reasons.

The first is that they aren't aesthetics, like accessories or badges; unique but very optional weapon variants; or simply nice mods to have. Most of them are ENORMOUS upgrades for quite a few mid-tier and top-tier weapons. They have a significant effect on actual gameplay, in other words.

Secondly, and related to the above, punishing people for not being around during an event is silly. It sends a message to newer players: "Sorry, you weren't here a year ago, so you won't have the opportunity to earn these incredibly powerful mods." In a F2P game, when we're talking about something significantly game-changing, that's a poor message to send.

Finally, event rewards for the five months following False Profit have been total rubbish compared to many of the event rewards in the months and years prior to that. Karak Wraith, Gorgon Wraith, Wraith Twin Vipers, all technically usable weapons but totally outclassed by cheap mid-tier stuff. Here's the part where someone will call me "entitled," as though feeling jealous about the rewards from an event you just happened to be around for isn't entitlement also. No doubt plenty of people also don't want their event mods to lose valueclearly not self-centered at all, right?

This situation has created a pyramid scheme of sorts. DE gives out all the great event mods and weapons in the first year and half or so of "open beta," then newer players in the years and months following have to either do without, or scramble (or pay) to get the huge amounts of platinum needed to trade for them. If this seems healthy for the game to you, you have issues.

How many more months will newer players need to wait for some rewards that aren't vendor trash or free potatoes? But wait, I'm forgetting about Fanged Fusillade being sold by Baro Ki'Teer. At least they can upgrade their Dreads, hey? Just keep playing, DE might dole out some more eventually... or not.

Edited by Kastorius

That's RNG, and there are much more incentives to do an event other than just the rare powerful mods.

Such as, the badge, the competition on the leaderboards.  And the fun you can have with your friends.  It's something different, too.

I call bullS#&$. Badge, completion and Leaderboards doesnt interest most of the players. 

You dont need those mods. Use others. 

Its Free market. You cant decide for people. People are paying that much because they are willing, so the sellers will sell from that price. You are whining about something nonexistent. Those mods are not that helpful. You can possibiliy use an elemental mod and maybe do more damage. 

Also seizing oppurturnities in trade chat can net you hundreds of platinum if not thousands. Im not kidding. When the Syndicate weapons first hit, i bought from half price and sold for 3x. I did that 3 times and made near 1k plat. 

Its all about experience which is something clearly you lack. If you still want the mods, you either gonna have to play the events or drop the plats for it. Alternatively you can use other mods. People were doing hours of T4 survival and defense missions before IPS mods. They dont help you that much. Stop saying it like those mods are a must to have, they are not.

Secondly, and related to the above, punishing people for not being around during an event is silly. It sends a message to newer players: "Sorry, you weren't here a year ago, so you won't have the opportunity to earn these incredibly powerful mods." In a F2P game, when we're talking about something significantly game-changing, that's a poor message to send.

The is another side of that coin.  Maybe instead of thinking that they a "punishing" new players, think of how they are rewarding the older players.  After all, would it be fair that the new player who shows up has the exact same equipment as the player that's been playing for 2 years?

The huge quantity of best-in-slot, event-only mods is ridiculous for several reasons.

The first is that they aren't aesthetics, like accessories or badges; unique but very optional weapon variants; or simply nice mods to have. Most of them are ENORMOUS upgrades for quite a few mid-tier and top-tier weapons. They have a significant effect on actual gameplay, in other words.

Do the math see the damage difference. There's like 200 etc damage difference when you use IPS mods instead of an elemental mod. They dont have an impact on the gameplay. You are lying to yourself.

In which game you've seen the event mods recycling ? I havent seen a game who does that. Those mods are event only mods. You werent around? Well though luck!. I gave up on the idea of complating 30 min survival because it was buggy as hell so i didnt get a Strun Wraith. Did i make a fuss about it? No. It recycled eventually. Now i have it. Those mods are not that useful. I have all those mods but i prefer using Elemental mods over them. Do i lose anything? Yeah i lose 200 damage but i get elemental benefits which is a hundred times better in high waves.

Its not game changing. You are over exaggerating. 

Last couple of events etc were aimed towards New players. Those weapons are not trashy weapons. You seeing them as trashy does not make them one.

No doubt plenty of people also don't want their event mods to lose valueclearly not self-centered at all, right?

Noone really cares if they get re-introduced at all. The only event i can think of is the Brakk's event. We had to do like 100 runs for that thing, rest of the events werent even close to being hard. Looking at a couple of peoples reaction and judging the whole community by it is not a sane way of thinking.

This situation has created a pyramid scheme of sorts. DE gives out all the great event mods and weapons in the first year and half or so of "open beta," then newer players in the years and months following have to either do without, or scramble (or pay) to get the huge amounts of platinum needed to trade for them. If this seems healthy for the game to you, you have issues.

In which game you get everything easily? While warframe is a grindy game, its nowhere near grindy as the other MMO's i've played. What do you want? Not playing the game properly but have everything without even working for it?

Do you smell that?

How many more months will newer players need to wait for some rewards that aren't vendor trash or free potatoes? But wait, I'm forgetting about Fanged Fusillade being sold by Baro Ki'Teer. At least they can upgrade their Dreads, hey? Just keep playing, DE might dole out some more eventually... or not.

Why should DE think about new players all the time? There's like a hundreds of different things that newbies should work towards. Getting mods, maxing them, Unlocking maps, killing bosses. Baro items arent exactly for new players. They've put that Trader simply because us older players had nothing to do with our thousands of worthless prime parts. Now they worth something while on the other hand it gives a side objective for other players to have a chance at getting different things. 

They are not vendor trash. Baro items one way or another has uses. Some likes Prisma weapons, some likes Prisma Accessories. Thats your opinion, you cant judge the game based on your selfish opinion. 

Warning: Wall o' Text incoming

Do the math see the damage difference. There's like 200 etc damage difference when you use IPS mods instead of an elemental mod. They dont have an impact on the gameplay. You are lying to yourself.

I have, on Warframe Builder. You're just straight-up lying. The better ones are traded for hundreds of platinum for a reason, and it's not just because they're collectible.

In which game you've seen the event mods recycling ? I havent seen a game who does that. 

Which other game has event mods at all? The mechanic is fairly unique to Warframe.

No doubt there are plenty of F2P games that give away powerful equipment for a limited time only. Regardless, it's a crap practice no matter how many games do it, and "But other games do it!" is a crap argument. Warframe should be better than that. Aesthetics yes, "side grades" yes, but otherwise, no.

Last couple of events etc were aimed towards New players. Those weapons are not trashy weapons. You seeing them as trashy does not make them one.

You think a 20-wave Nightmare Defense was aimed at new players? What you're really doing here is making excuses for recent rewards that are nowhere near as good as those rewarded by earlier events.

Math and experience using the weapons we're discussing are enough to prove that they're mediocre at best. How I personally see them doesn't enter into it. The vast majority of people will either sell the weapons to make room for better ones, or they will sit and collect dust, because there are at least half a dozen assault rifles better than the Karak Wraith, several machine pistols/SMGs better than the Wraith Twin Vipers, and the Gorgon Wraith is absolute crap. I'd rather potato and forma a Lato than take a Gorgon Wraith into a mission.

Noone really cares if they get re-introduced at all. The only event i can think of is the Brakk's event. We had to do like 100 runs for that thing, rest of the events werent even close to being hard. Looking at a couple of peoples reaction and judging the whole community by it is not a sane way of thinking.

Yes, there are a variety of opinions out there. What I dislike (and always have; I've been playing online games since the late 1990s, and I've encountered the attitude a lot) are older players who are jealous of their imaginary game stuff. It's not enough that they have it; they don't want anyone ELSE to have it, either. That's understandable when it comes to aesthetics like badges and other honors, or special armor, or Excalibur Prime, for example (not a huge upgrade over Excalibur, but a nice exclusive).

Powerful weapon mods, or very powerful weapons, are another thing entirely. When those sorts of things are given out once and never again, it's BS.

At least the Brakk is still available. What people like me want are for powerful weapons and mods to be made available to earn in ways other than paying older players huge amounts of platinum for them, even if it's very difficult.

In which game you get everything easily? While warframe is a grindy game, its nowhere near grindy as the other MMO's i've played. What do you want? Not playing the game properly but have everything without even working for it?

Well, you can get nearly everything easily in Warframe, if you pay lots of real-life cash.

But that aside, I started playing Warframe on August 4th of this year (although I have an older Warframe account from May of 2013; forgot it existed, rediscovered it a couple of days ago) and I'll be MR19 in a couple of days. I've done the grind for the majority of what I have, although I can easily afford to buy platinum. I have all the aesthetics available for purchase, etc.

However, I'm not going to pay platinum so that I can buy unobtainable event mods from older players, because I consider it a pyramid scheme, and I don't like it. So, I'll go without, and many of my weapons that can only be made better by event mods will remain the way they are.

PS: DE should consider newer players because new players are the lifeblood of any online game. Yes, veterans should be considered as well, but that consideration needn't include veterans' desire that someone else not be able to obtain a thing that has a substantial effect on game mechanics.

Edited by Kastorius