Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does A Warframe Exist That's Worse Then Ember?

DrakeRaids

I was about to reply to the warframe needing reworks topic, and I had a thought that I decided probably warranted a different topic. I was trying to think of a Warframe that is, as they are currently used, in a worse spot then Ember is. I found myself gasping at straws. Certainly none of the newer frames, of them Limbo is probably the weakest, and he still has better options then Ember does. Hydroids is better then Ember, I'd say, and even with Parkor 2.0 Zeyphrs 2 and 4 alone are enough to make her more valuable then Ember.

Saryn maybe? Is she worse then Ember?

Worse i dont think so, each frame has his/her adbantages/weakness. But worse to mod? i dont think so, for me its just a mess with a ult based in all of the atributes while having other things that benefith for high efficien/low duration builds. Maybe equinox its a the top 2, and also banshee but with those you can get a prety straighforward build with max range, normal/min duration and a bit of streng for the compensation of overxtended.

Hydroid. Outside of farming for loot he is COMPLETELY USELESS Imo. You think he is good at CC ? Other frames do it much better. he heals allies with his pool augment ? we have trinity for that. so hydroid is now a lonely frame gathering dust in everyone's inventory

Mag just needs bullet attractor changed

Ember needs ring of fire to be made mobile and her damage boost from accelarant increased,and to be given the frost treatment of her power one going in a cone and her power 4 having a 100% fire proc

Sayrn needs a whole new power set

Limbo needs a redesign and a general balance change

Volt needs his power 4 buffed

Vaubans Bounce needs to be changed as bullet jump makes it redundant

Chroma needs his power 1 and 4 to give a guaranteed proc

Rhino needs more armor like valkyr but to also have his speed decreased

Hydroid needs an entire new power set

Zephyr needs her powers reworked

Power 1 would be a knockdown like banshees power one but it would rag doll like jat kittag.

Power 2 would be turbulence

Power 3 would be tornado

Power 4 would enter flight mode and give her arch wing controls.. She would shoot out gusts of wind from her wings (like exals eb Waves) this would have a drain

Nekros.

desecrate needs to be removed.

New power 4:

Transforms into a giant creature (looks like atlas power 4 but nekros IS the golem

Edited by (PS4)TheAce37

56348132.jpg

Ember's survivability is her biggest problem. Her damage isn't terrible, although it still falls off at higher levels. Completely unmodded, combining World on Fire with Accelerant will result in 1000 damage per blast, which is increased to 4500 if you get a fire proc. Her CC is alright as well, with Fire Blast's massive knockback and 100% fire proc chance. That doesn't really mean anything though if an Ancient can stub his toe on Ember and kill her. I'd suggest making all of her abilities have a 100% fire proc chance every time they deal damage. This would both increase her total damage output, easing the falloff, and indirectly increase her survivability by giving her better CC.

Also, it's pretty clear to me that everyone saying Zephyr is useless hasn't played her for more than 5 minutes after U17, and even then, 5 minutes is probably a bit of a stretch. The 3 key on your keyboard would have to be broken, most likely. Parkour-2.0-made-Zephyr-useless is a bandwagon that people with absolutely zero Zephyr experience jump on just because "it's the thing to do." You would be amazed at the level of finesse required to effectively use Zephyr's mobility tools, and I would suggest actually mastering a frame's nuanced mechanics before forever writing them off as garbage. I'd probably think the Sniper from TF2 was a worthless class if I didn't know that headshots were a thing.

Ember combines ability direct damage and CC in a way no other frame can.   If you wanna play a direct damage dealer, Ember is your frame.  Her damage is high, and she can lock down wide areas using Accelerant and Heat procs (which WoF automatically distributes for you.)  Build for strength,  max efficiency and some bonus range.  One duration mod is enough to make WoF do its job.  Fireball headshots do good damage to heavies.  Be sure to put fire damage on your weapons, and bring weapons that can shred enemy armor effectively for late game Grineer.

The only thing that can slow Ember down is large numbers of Nullifiers and Eximus auras.  Radiation procs can help you disable enemy auras, including those of  Ancient Healers/Disruptors.

Properly set up, playing Ember is a lot of fun while also being effective.  It's nice to be strong in later game content while also not making the game boring as hell with lazy permaCC.  

I would say Limbo is worse, only because DE keep lowering his effectiveness.

He has taken Trinity's place if what get's nerfed next.

Basically all of his abilities have been made anit-Trial: Law of Retribution.

-Cannot carry Trition Batteries in Rift nor use Cataclysm to protect bomb carrier as that drops Battery

-Cannot stand on Pads to open objective doors nor Puzzle in Rift: so no Riftwalk nor Cataclysm.

-Cannot Hack terminals in Rift: so no RiftWalk nor Cataclysm

Since Limbo and his allies cannot be in Rift: RiftWalk and Cataclysm are not useful nor is Rift Surge.

Which leaves banish: It can basically be used as a single target knockdown.

-Banished targets can still hack consoles....even though Limbo and Allies that are banished(in rift) cannot hack consoles (Basically allows an enemy to hack a terminal without being damaged since Limbo &Allies will not be in the same plane to damage the banished enemy)

Limbo can basically just be a bomb carrier, except he does not have the preferred highest energy pools.

Spy 2.0, Rescue, and to a lesser extent Mobiled Defense/Excavation have similar issues with his abilities.

If Limbo(or allies) could carry items in rift, hack terminals, or stand on objective pads(buttons)....he would be exponentially more useful.

Ember's abilites still provide more utilty than Limbo for current Trial, plus her augments are more team-friendly.

Bullet Attractor would like a word with you.

Admittedly Shield Polarize outscales it, once you amass a solid mod base, but Bullet Attractor is your anti-heavy for quite a while.

As several Hyenas recently found out when swarmed by MR<10 players, their allies and their own bullets. :)

Granted, Mag's niche. But she owns her niche. Aside from Nullifiers.

-----

Ember combines ability direct damage and CC in a way no other frame can.

Depends on the dituation, obviously, buy I think Maim Equinox may outshine her. Edited by Chroia