Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Type Of Weapon Do You Think Is Missing In Warframe?

Demdemeh

+1 for an assault rifle with attached grenade launcher

Doesn't necessary need to be a grenade, could also be an explosive projectile if you ask me. Unreal 2, had a rifle which boundeled 5 rounds of ammo into a single explosive shot. Which was basicly like a rifle grenade in all but firing arc and being a seperated ammo.

Bolt-action Rifle akin to the Russian Mosin=Nagant

Second that. It could pretty much work like the lever action rifles. It would just need it's own animations.

Also not soley for sniper rifles.

Before someone says it. The Vectis is not a bolt action rifle, it's just a rifle that requires a reload after every shot. Infact since the reload is a lever on top of the gun being pushed back, it actualy counts more as lever action rifle.

Claymore Sword. Something between the Galatine and Gram that looks more like a Scottish claymore sword.

Was only recently thinking the same. Claymore is my go to weapon in Dark Souls 1 and 2. So i begann to miss a weapon like that and the Galatine is more a zweihander.

Though for the info there is also a longsword like scottish Claymore.

Double-barrel Sawed Offthat doesn't use Tigris' firing mechanic. Just a normal trigger like the other shotguns.

Recently noticed that a grip similar to that of the Marelok would be the best choice for such a weapon.

Also the barrels would need to be far more together than on the Tigris.

Baseball Bat themed weapon that has the knockback/tossing effect that the Bo staff and hammers have.

Now that you bring it up. We DO lack some good old blunt baton type weapon too. We only have the Prova and that's electric based.

Laptop Gun from Perfect Dark. Alt-fire would toss the gun, stick to a surface, and work like an auto sentry till it exhausts its magazine. Lol, why not?

Don't think a gun shaped like a laptop would make a lot of sense in Warframe. Though one shaped like a data storage would be a nice joke weapon.

Actualy that could even be a gunblade stance weapon.

Explosive Hand Cannon[akin to the one from Lost Planet 2. It fires a hitscan projectile that sticks to the target, and then it explodes shortly after.

So basicly a stick grenade pistol?

Blacklight Retribution has something like that too. Their breach loaded pistol.

Perhaps a gun that emulates Saryn's Venom skill?

Edit: To add that Michael Bay-meets-Outbreak factor, it should cause the bodies of those killed under its effect to rupture/detonate and spread to nearby enemies.

So basically, a gun that emulates Saryn's ult mixed with Nova's ult.

Yeah put me down for 500 of those

Gravity gun. (picks up grineer, fires him at his friends at super sonic speed)

Crowbar. (for those stealth kills)

2 bore. (google it)

+1 cerebral bore. (turok ftw)

m1 garand. (pew pew clink)

and i want the abillity to equip only melee weapons.

Edited by DizzyRonson

Random weapon ideas, in no particular order.

- A shield grenade. Nah, nobody would use that.

- A staff weapon. I would not mind bashing some heads with it and then firing the front portion of it like an Opticor or some other energy weapon.

- How about an energy slingshot? Void energy beams and projectile instead of elastic and steel.

- A bowling ball of hot death? Ten or so Corpus in a cluster? Line 'em up and knock 'em down. The ball comes back to you. Fist pump and high fives if you get a strike.

- Swarm Cannon - fires a package of small, insignificant insect-like dones which each do a little damage. Until they gang up on you. Then you are in trouble.

- A flail - yes that's a spiky ball on a chain. (Please don't tell me we already have one).

Edited by G-Ninja

+1 for a spear

+1 for a vulcan minigun

+1 for a rail gun

+1 for an assault rifle with attached grenade launcher

I'd love to see:

Bolt-action Rifle akin to the Russian Mosin-Nagant

Claymore Sword. Something between the Galatine and Gram that looks more like a Scottish claymore sword.

Wrist Launcher that's inspired by Chroma's energy color mechanic. Think small, explosive energy orbs.

Double-barrel Sawed Off that doesn't use Tigris' firing mechanic. Just a normal trigger like the other shotguns.

Proximity Explosives that work similar to the Castanas, and they could also be remotely detonated for convenience.

Baseball Bat themed weapon that has the knockback/tossing effect that the Bo staff and hammers have.

Laptop Gun from Perfect Dark. Alt-fire would toss the gun, stick to a surface, and work like an auto sentry till it exhausts its magazine. Lol, why not?

Explosive Hand Cannon akin to the one from Lost Planet 2. It fires a hitscan projectile that sticks to the target, and then it explodes shortly after.

Grenade Launcher akin to the one from Halo: Reach. Tap trigger for timed explosive. Hold trigger, then release for remote explosive.

-snip-

Don't think a gun shaped like a laptop would make a lot of sense in Warframe. Though one shaped like a data storage would be a nice joke weapon.

-snip

My bad I should have been more specific.

I meant a gun that followed the theme of of the Laptop Gun from Perfect Dark. It can function as a standard assault rifle, as well as a deployable sentry for a short period.

Here is the gun in action. Skip to forty seconds:

Edited by Torhque

Adding on to spear because it has already been said

The tonbo w/o a stance already has part of a complete spear animation set

Why not complete it and make it into a common or uncommon stance, then make it available to spear or spear like weapons?

Due to the narrowness of the attack of a spear - a % increase in damage akin to that of crimson dervish would serve it well

Just my .02

-Phyrak

K1xYHzW.jpg

Voila! The ZF-1.

It's light. Handle's adjustable for easy carrying, good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick, discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Titanium recharger, three thousand round clip with bursts of three to three hundred, and with the Replay button - another Zorg invention - it's even easier.

One shot...and replay sends every following shot to the same location. And to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies-but-goldies.

Rocket launcher... arrow launcher, with exploding or poisonous gas heads, very practical... our famous net launcher... the always-efficient flamethrower, my favorite...

and for the grand finale, the all-new 'Ice-cube System'!

For practicality sake, Alt fire will cycle through the different firing type and will consume all 3 primary ammo types (rifle, shotgun, sniper) depending on which firing mode yu used.

If they made this weapon, I would fork out platinum faster than you can say multi-pass.

I think i got a deja vu from reading this thread for some reasons.

Pump action shot-gun!

Strun

Pump-Action shotgun.

No mags, you put shells in 1 by 1 like old times

Strun

I think the new Strun is with single shells that you can reload one by one and even shoot inbetween

Yup

Minigun, Pump Action Shotguns, Anti Material weapons.

And Scythes. Our current Scythes are L.A.M.E.

Strun

not gonna lie, Warframe has a much broader spectrum of weapons than any other game I've come across, but I would like to add...

one-Handed maces

Slingshots/Catapults

Pump-Action Shotguns

Bolt Action Rifles

and Bayonets. I LOVE Bayonets!

Strun

Pump Action Shotty! No not strun! That is not a pump action! I want that ka chunk after each shot.

Also, war fans would be pretty awesome.

Yeah, Strun. In game mechanics, a pump action vs a semi auto action would be IDENTICAL, the main mechanic being the single reloading of shells, which Strun has. If the biggest problem for you is sound, well I don't like how it looks. How about we start a thread begging DE to change it to looks a bit more like Latron and make a "chunk" sound after the "boom" sound and a slide animation like Lex Prime, Sybaris, Grinlok, and Marelok have?