Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes

Azazel_The_Fallen

Why buff Excal Prime for just the 300+ players that even still play Warframe to match a new version of the frame that can be obtained by everyone on all platforms? I would understand your reasoning if Excal Umbra was console only but it's not.

I guess it does depend on the precedence. If it is a tactic to move away from primes, making them have slightly higher stats will make them the de facto frames to seek. That makes them a little more than a varient. It will upset founders that believe there onetime investment and single case of pay to win in the game would be diminished. But maybe that is the point. Move on by barrying it.

Will have to see. We already have a precedence where Excal Prime gets buffed, so we will have to see how this shakes out.

Has DE run out of ideas to make new frames?  Now we make new skins and slap new titles on existing frames? 

Umbra Rhino, Super Rhino, Deadly Spotted Monstrous Rhino

Prime Trin, Holy Trinity, Divine Godess Trinity...

DIfference between them all?  Nothing, just a new skin...

Seems like a waste of time to me.

Has DE run out of ideas to make new frames? Now we make new skins and slap new titles on existing frames?

Umbra Rhino, Super Rhino, Deadly Spotted Monstrous Rhino

Prime Trin, Holy Trinity, Divine Godess Trinity...

DIfference between them all? Nothing, just a new skin...

Seems like a waste of time to me.

I don't think that is the issue. DE is still producing Warframes as an unprecedented rate. It's just if you look at the amount of mastery needs to reach level 30, assuming the requirements don't change, variants make sense. I would personally like to see Umbra's feature at least one unique power or feature over tweaked stats, but either way it is one way to address the huge demand DE has set forth by itself.

founders arent loosing anything, as if the stats of the excal prime make a difference lol! -fouder stuff is (& should remain) only a matter of Exclusivity. Not Utility-

I think its cooler for them to be actual frames.

& either if the umbras are an "upgrade" (stat-wise) over the primes... who cares? everyone in the end plays with what it wants. I still use my volts (yep, have 2) over the prime, just because i like it like that.

:)

What reason is there to buff Excal Prime to match Umbra besides people being butthurt? Everyone can get Umbra so it's not a problem that he would be better than Prime.

when people get a prime version they expect it to be the best version of something, and feel comfortable putting a bunch of formas into said prime warframe under the assumption they will never have to do so again.

Edited by xenoffense

when people get a prime version they expect it to be the best version of something, and feel comfortable putting a bunch of formas into said prime warframe under the assumption they will never have to do so again.

I'm actually surprised people expected Excal Prime to always be the top Excal even with the playerbase growing.

Why do founders have a problem with Umbra being a little better than Prime? Excal Prime is still exclusive and Umbra is for everyone and not exclusive so it's really not that bad at all that it's better than Prime.

Because founders supported the game and paid cash for Excalibur prime when the game needed support. Why should a free Excalibur be better? Why should freeloaders get a better frame?

I'm actually surprised people expected Excal Prime to always be the top Excal even with the playerbase growing.

Really depends on the lore. My theory is the primes are corrupted versions. Like the Orokin had to force the Tenno inline, at some point.

The Umbra could represent Tenno who weren't corrupted. Maybe they where left on Tua Ceti. As such they may have been active and growing all this time in the shadows. Hence why they are stronger.

Just an example.

That s assuming it is true, that they are stronger, as I have only seen one source on the matter. Does anyone have another source? Anyone?

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Because founders supported the game and paid cash for Excalibur prime when the game needed support. Why should a free Excalibur be better? Why should freeloaders get a better frame?

I really hope you buy every full Prime Access pack too, or do you really believe DE has to kiss your feet for all eternity.

I still stand my ground saying Excalibur Umbra should have DIFFERENT stats in comparison to Excalibur Prime. This would make it worth having even for founders. It should not be the exact stats of Excalibur Prime, but it should be a much better choice than regular Excalibur. Increased movement speed instead of increased armor, and increased damage/attack speed with a different assortment of weapons than Excalibur Prime.

Edited by Aeraxis

How do you know they are freeloaders? A lot of people myself included has paid either the same amount as you did to become a founder or more so you aren't that important compared to the growing playerbase. Also you are getting this frame as well so there should be know issue because your Excal is still exclusive and looks different from everyone else so you can still be that snowflake.

The Founders need to get off their high horse and realise that they are not the only ones that play Warframe. In fact their are some founders that do not play Warframe anymore. I started playing Warframe when it first came out on the PS4. So yes it is fair that everybody else can get a good Excalibur frame that matches Excalibur Prime. It is not are fault that Warframe came out on the PC first. I am a Warframe Veteran player and have spent a lot of time and money on this game. The founders also get this new frame, so why are they complaining because they think they should be treated like kings when they are not. I guarantee that I have spent more time and money than most founders. The only founders I respect are founders like Mogamu that help everybody learn about Warframe. That is how I got better and understood Warframe because of good and true founders of Warframe like mogamu. That been said it is up to DE to put whatever content they want for the community because they created this game and the founders are not the only ones that give imput to make this game better for everyone to enjoy.

First of all the rest of the community are not freeloaders. I have spent a lot of money on Warframe. I always buy whatever new content that comes out that I like. In fact when Excalibur Umbra comes out on the PS4 I will spend money to get him not farm him. Quit thinking you are special. Warframe has gotten a lot better even after the founders gave their imput. If Warframe stayed the same after the founders gave their imput Warframe would not be much. DE and the Warframe community are what keep this game evolving because founders are not the only ones that make this game better. If you do not like that Excalibur Umbra is going to be available for EVERYBODY then don't play Warframe anymore and go find another game to be a founder of. This game is not just for the founders it's for the whole Warframe community to enjoy. You have Excalibur Prime that looks nothing like Excalibur Umbra, the design is different and you would have to be a fool to think Excalibur Umbra is Excalibur Prime. Put the two together you will see the difference. The reason why some founders, not all, are mad is because they did not get Excalibur Umbra first. I bet if they were the first ones to get Excalibur Umbra first they would not be complaining.

The Founders need to get off their high horse and realise that they are not the only ones that play Warframe. In fact their are some founders that do not play Warframe anymore. I started playing Warframe when it first came out on the PS4. So yes it is fair that everybody else can get a good Excalibur frame that matches Excalibur Prime. It is not are fault that Warframe came out on the PC first. I am a Warframe Veteran player and have spent a lot of time and money on this game. The founders also get this new frame, so why are they complaining because they think they should be treated like kings when they are not. I guarantee that I have spent more time and money than most founders. The only founders I respect are founders like Mogamu that help everybody learn about Warframe. That is how I got better and understood Warframe because of good and true founders of Warframe like mogamu. That been said it is up to DE to put whatever content they want for the community because they created this game and the founders are not the only ones that give imput to make this game better for everyone to enjoy.

Exactly who does it hurt if Excalibur Prime is buffed to match or slightly surpass Excalibur Umbra? No one. It would only slightly benefit founders. I've been around since closed beta, I have over 1500 hours logged on Warframe. It wouldn't matter even if I only had 200 hrs, I'm a founder, I've supported this game since its early stages and I still believe in DE, they are the best developers on the market, they keep their community posted, they listen, and aren't afraid to take risks for the sake of the quality of life of the game. This game is completely different from the game I supported in the start, but the change has always been for the better. Along the way I've brought numerous friends and many others I've met playing other games into warframe who have brought people they know into the game many of whom spend a lot of money on the game. I've helped a lot of new players clear the star chart, brought them on Alerts when they didn't have the nodes unlocked, given them starter kits of the basic 'required' mods, walked them through how fuse their mods and how to equip them on their gear. Does it make me a 'Bad' founder to just want to keep my Excalibur Prime at top tier of the selection of Excalibur's because I want to play as the best of the best without having to get a whole new Warframe which I don't like the appearance of, the forma and the amount of levels I'll have to grind through, the wasted time I spent on forma and re-leveling Excalibur Prime, the exilus adapter that now would be wasted on my Excalibur Prime and the one I will need to get for the new frame, and the loss of the Prime benefit in the void?

I still stand my ground saying Excalibur Umbra should have DIFFERENT stats in comparison to Excalibur Prime. This would make it worth having even for founders. It should not be the exact stats of Excalibur Prime, but it should be a much better choice than regular Excalibur. Increased movement speed instead of increased armor, and increased damage/attack speed with a different assortment of weapons than Excalibur Prime.

I wanted this from the start with everything, a variation on what is there.

Prime, Prisma, Vandal, Mara, Wraith, non of it should "just be better" then the original, all should be a variation on it imo.

And some actually are I might add.

Why founders can keep Excal prime while newer players can get an Excal umbra, it won't do anything really.

Excal prime would be the proof that you're a founder and stuff while umbra has stats higher than normal excal and lower than prime excal so that would make sense

Why founders can keep Excal prime while newer players can get an Excal umbra, it won't do anything really.

Excal prime would be the proof that you're a founder and stuff while umbra has stats higher than normal excal and lower than prime excal so that would make sense

dont forget founders regailia badge

This thread has failed to remain constructive to what the OP originally posted and has devolved into another founder vs non-founder arguments that has got toxic.

In my personal opinion both Excal Prime and Excal Umbra should have the same stats then no one can argue one is better than the other, apart from looks, but it is up to DE what they do with Excal Umbra when it releases.

Locking.