Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Everyone Using Carrier For Everything

OceanSync

Had a thought today, what if mod drops were just given to you? Typically I bring a carrier when I am farming for mods because I am worried Ill miss one if I don't have carrier on. Losing ammo or energy is not a big deal, we wouldn't need a carrier to get those necessarily though it would still be nice. But, if I had all mods given to me automatically upon killing an enemy not only would it make it nice in the sense I could focus on my mission objectives rather than looking for all of my mods, but it would also entice me to use something like a kubrow or a deathcube.

Interesting idea, but carrier is still useful for picking up resources. There has been discussion about making vacuum a mod for all sentinels, then making carrier's special ability the power to, well, carry items it picks up like energy/health/ammo, then give it to you as you need them. It's like having a larger ammo/health/energy pool essentially, provided you can find items to pick up. I'd like to see DE go that route. 

I dunno, I don't really use carrier all that often anymore. I used it when I was doing a ton of infested missions and grinding for nanospores, or sometimes when I do survival, but otherwise it's either helios or whatever I think is most entertaining at the time/ fitted to current warframe loadout theme.

Rahksa is a great battle companion, Diriga is nice crowd control. Other than that it's look. I have to wonder if part of the problem is that a lot of players don't know that they can switch out sentinels weapons?

This is an overfix. You're going to cheapen the game experience because of this.

1. Is it if any enemy killed anywhere on the map? If yes, mega OP, if no, back to using carrier.

2. You thought Greedy Mag was bad, now Mesa, etc will have infinite energy. Oh it doesn't pick up orbs? Back to always using carrier.

Basically if it picks up everything then its way to overpowered, if it doesn't people will still use carrier.

give frame an innate vacuum, just like archwing and replace carrier's vacuum for something less convenient. How many mods and resources I missed because they go threw walls and can't pick them without carrier or greedy pull.

Viable option, the issue then would be what to give carrier to make it no OP but not junk. Some, in many other posts like this, have suggested increased ammy or some "carry" type ability.

I never stated that anything other than mods would be picked up. I just want mods to automatically drop into your inventory. So all you see is a pop up on the side stating you got this mod. Energy, ammo, and resources would still drop as normal. I think anything more than that would be game breaking/ not viable.

I think at its core carrier should remain the vaccum for your energy, ammo, health, and resources, its part of what makes carrier what it is. Having mods proc as a pick up on kill though I feel would be enough to allow us to move to other sentinels/kurbows personally.

Edited by Chaz.Ocean

The players could just have innate vacuum then replace vacuum on the carrier with something. The distance may have to be tweaked and be unaffected by mods otherwise we'll end up with another camping outbreak.

Getting the items as soon as they drop would be too easy for players and would probably result in DE nerfing drop rates.

Edited by Postal_pat

If mods are only picked up then I'll still be using carrier. My point is if mods are instantly picked up it is not a sufficient benefit for people to stop using carrier. You may see a 5-10% drop in use of the people who currently use it and that would be negligible compared to others

No offense, but sounds like you just want to be lazy. You don't want to be forced to bring Carrier instead of something else and you don't want to have pay attention and look for mods. It's the same as people complaining about having to go look for syndicate medallions. It's part of the game and part of the fun, having everything just handed to you is not fun. Although I understand that mentality is being beaten out of us.

I have never used Carrier, ever. I sometimes use Mag with GP, but that's just to taunt my friends when they say "Cool mod over here!" and I just hit Pull and after the sound effect ends, say "Yup, got it..." LOL

I do use Loot Radar and Animal Instinct and keep an eye out for drops while mowing through enemies. You don't need Carrier and having us pick up mods is more engaging.

Perhaps the earlier players would still use it, but im at a point now where I have stacks of resources just chilling, tbh, unless its green I don't even move over to vacuum it, been that way since like MR9-10. If they took away the ability for carrier to grab mods and just gave it to me, id opt for another sentinel personally. Sure people will still like to use carrier for the utility, but once they realize that a few extra resources are not worth the loss in damage that a cube or a doggy could put out for example I think they would switch it up a bit. I also know that it wont be something people just do overnight.

DE is not going into that direction.

Personally I'd prefer Vacuum mod being equip-able by all sentinels with Career using the most of it. 

From it's description and my memories of what is was meant to be, Career should also wander further from a frame.

A trade-off for his is: enemies alerted faster, more vulnerability etc.

The suck-stuck glitch also gave me an idea: what if pickups would only be given to frame when sentinel "shares" it once every few seconds?

Again, wandering looting career with restricted capacity has to return to frame in order to give stuff while we pick the rest.

Health, energy and xp should not be picked by sentinels at all.

I'd prefer this kind of nerf to Career if other sentinels still gathered resources to some extent.

Remember how long we had to convince DE Archwing needed auto vacuum. Maybe some good idea will convince them, keep posting  :)

Current solution: you can use literally any other companion than Carrier, equip Animal Instinct, and get every drop on the map. Besides, after a certain point you don't even need most resources, and rare resources are bright green anyway.

FACT: you do not need carrier, you don't, not unless it's your playstyle choice. But jt js not efficiency if you don't lose carrier, so long as you're good at this game. https://youtu.be/QNYIKOs_AdQ

I prefer the control of not having Carrier. Sometimes I don't want that health or energy or ammo drop yet because I haven't dropped low enough to want to pick it up yet. Carrier vacuums them up anyways.

I'd prefer if Carrier instead only picked up resources and mods, and maybe had another extra precept to make up for that. Although I don't think it would really be a nerf -- I think carrier would be better and more use-able if it didn't automatically grab stuff like energy orbs.

This is what happens when you make one pet with a QoL feature (that should never have been tied to pets), and a bunch of pets that are better at helping with combat, when we don't really need pets to help with combat.

.. I find I'm using Diriga most of the time now, though.