Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Theoretics

Omega-Shadowblade

Well, the one issue with that is the powers were also altered by corpus. Now imagine this. You get all her parts from Void Sabotage, and the corpus are taking her parts, and you get there just too late and the corpus have altered the prime version. So it is Valkyr prime, but still has the modifications.

Well, the one issue with that is the powers were also altered by corpus. Now imagine this. You get all her parts from Void Sabotage, and the corpus are taking her parts, and you get there just too late and the corpus have altered the prime version. So it is Valkyr prime, but still has the modifications.

Hey, She was a berzerker, she was tormented by Corpus but there's no lore behind the game to say Valkyr was originally a soft loving and gentle fighter, for all we know she could of still been an Angry fighter, because the Orokin did enslave the Tenno.

And Slavery does piss alot of people off, especially if your the slave.

Edited by Demonfr34k

To what extent, though? Functionally they could have been the same - Pre-Corpus Valkyr may even show us they are the same entirely - but in terms of aesthetics have whole new look.

The cries turn from rage and pain to battle-hardened shouts, and most notably Hysteria changes from claws to weapons of some kind: personally, I say Protoss Zealot blades.

Also it's never explicitly stated, if I remember correctly, that her abilities WERE altered, only that she was changed by it. Having her personality twisted and transformed through that would be change enough.

I think Valkyr Prime would be her own warframe with own moveset, centered on spidermanning. After all, her kit is berserkerish except ripline. So she'd be high mobility melee oriented warframe, bit like ash but no invisibility or teleports and even for twist, her defensive stat to rule is not health, but shields! So before corpus bondage, she was a blitzkrieg type of flanker

So I imagine it'd be like this

1. Ripline / Bola

-Staying same

-OR turned to projecticle attack that knocks down or atleast stuns a target(s)

2. Pounce

-Can be only used in air, executes homing ground slam at target which doesn't deal much of AOE damage as her equipped melee weapon, but gives a multiplier to wreck the poor dude

3. Shield harden

- Reduces armor of enemies nearby her, giving her damage resistance to shield for short time period or untill the shield depletes

4. Melee Massace Marathon

-Either hysteria without life strike, but with shield charging kills/attacks

-Or downright multiplying the current equipped melee weapons stats in exchange passive shield depletion, but with shield charging on hit/kill

Edit: ALTERNATIVELY

The frames we collect represent the culmination of their original wearers. Non-prime Frames being frames replicated with little oroking tech as possible with primes are full on exact replicas. As a representations or ways to tap into their corresponding powersources, Valkyr Prime would hold her non-prime abilities no matter what.

Edited by Gebunator

The corpus altered her aesthetics not her powers, please.

Also it's never explicitly stated, if I remember correctly, that her abilities WERE altered, only that she was changed by it. Having her personality twisted and transformed through that would be change enough.

I was hoping for a completely different frame from Pre-Corpus Valkyr.

But in the Warframe Profile it says she "redirects her anger to the battlefield" and she is "rage personified".

Maybe they are talking about the personality change of the original Valkyr went through, but should a Prime Version come and the abilities stay the same, they will have to change the cries she gives to be more rallying and less enraged.

I think Valkyr Prime would be her own warframe with own moveset, centered on spidermanning. After all, her kit is berserkerish except ripline. So she'd be high mobility melee oriented warframe, bit like ash but no invisibility or teleports and even for twist, her defensive stat to rule is not health, but shields! So before corpus bondage, she was a blitzkrieg type of flanker

So I imagine it'd be like this

1. Ripline / Bola

-Staying same

-OR turned to projecticle attack that knocks down or atleast stuns a target(s)

2. Pounce

-Can be only used in air, executes homing ground slam at target which doesn't deal much of AOE damage as her equipped melee weapon, but gives a multiplier to wreck the poor dude

3. Shield harden

- Reduces armor of enemies nearby her, giving her damage resistance to shield for short time period or untill the shield depletes

4. Melee Massace Marathon

-Either hysteria without life strike, but with shield charging kills/attacks

-Or downright multiplying the current equipped melee weapons stats in exchange passive shield depletion, but with shield charging on hit/kill

Edit: ALTERNATIVELY

The frames we collect represent the culmination of their original wearers. Non-prime Frames being frames replicated with little oroking tech as possible with primes are full on exact replicas. As a representations or ways to tap into their corresponding powersources, Valkyr Prime would hold her non-prime abilities no matter what.

I think the first power should be Pounce; A replacement to Rip-line.

-Can be used on ground, Deals Impact when you land/hit something

-Pouncing an enemy causes knockdown and a 1 second stun when they get back up

-Basically, they are stunned for 3 seconds, but it takes 1-2 seconds for most enemies to stand up after being knocked over

Shield Harden should be 'Tough hide', where Valkyr becomes immune to the next damage type she takes for 10 seconds.

-----

DE did say they are considering a power rework!

Honestly, pre corpus valkyr needs to have the same differences from post corpus valkyr as valkyr p would.

Please note this is my opinion.

What I feel should change:

1. Her sounds

While I adore her shrieks of rage before she rips everything to shreds, that seems lke a tortured scream more than a berserkers roar. Paralysis sounds fine, but warcry and hysteria noises would need changed

2. The appearance of hysteria

Yes, I realize she's a berserker. Yes, I realize berserkers went into a frenzy and killed ALL THE THINGS. But hysteria's claws (and the bar things that stick out) don't fit an untortured valkyr. Specifically the bars on her arms; they look fine on post corpus valkyr because she still has part of her bonds on, but it's out of place on pre corpus valkyr. The claws are... I love them, but they don't seem suited to a pre corpus/prime.

Just my thoughts on it.