Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gaming Mice

Tigersight

So I was wondering about what sort of mice people use when they play warframe. In particular, how many buttons they have.

1 question survey to record answers:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tJIKsAnrxiqnNl6spQ-vIl0XqfgiCbhJyScY8MmaLYA/viewform?usp=send_form

Personally, I use one with 6 buttons, with my crouch button on the mouse. What do you guys do with yours?

already voted, but i might as well give example as to what i'm currently using as well.

Corsair M95.  alternative link.

the Software for it is... alright. it doesn't have a feature or two that some other software suites do have that i like to have however. i do like that one software module controls all of the products, so one interface for all of Corsair's products, just tabbed along. reduces Tray clutter, Memory usage, and really has no downsides.

i'll note that i'm a bit out of the ordinary, and while the M95 is quite heavy compared to other products, this is a good thing for me.

due to:

- some crashes and other unpleasant events i've been in, sometimes my wrist and arm will twitch for no good reason when moving slowly (like aiming a Weapon for Accuracy in a game, such as a Sniper Rifle. slow, gradual movements don't fly for me)

- habit of pushing Mice from towards the top, causing those with normal gravity centers to tip and lift off of the surface

because of these two things, this Mouse has been basically perfect for me. the super low center of gravity and wide base means i basically can't tip it by accident, and the mass also means it's harder for nerve twitching to result in me spun around backwards in games with Camera control.

i've previously used a Logitech G600 and the original Razer Diamondback as well.

the former was okay, though the thumb buttons being a dial pad made them uncomfortable to use IMO. software was quite flexible, but the User Interface for it left much to be desired. nothing good or bad to say overall other than that.

and the latter was reliable and worked well for me for many years until i started needing more buttons for comfort.

Edit:

I don't use mice for gaming I prefer to do that myself

priceless.

Edited by taiiat

Cougar 200M Gaming Mouse

It's under the $20 mark, but has lasted as long if not longer than my last 2 Razer mice (Adder and Naga) because it has the same high quality design and components. It only has 6 buttons, but it has multiple DPI settings which you can change fairly easily. I bought another one for someone else recently, they love it too. 

It has some very minor issues, but for the price it's amazing.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826567003

Edited by Echorion

i use logitech g400s if im correct. its comfy if you have big hands like me and logitech stuff is pretty durable so it can take a few beatings on the floor if you are also clumsy like me.

i dont prefer to have too many buttons on my mouse and logitech has 2 extra buttons on the thumb side which is just right.

The past couple years I had been buying Death Adders and they kept developing a multi click issue in less than 8 months. So I replaced my last Razer with the cheapest 5 button mouse I could find on Newegg, figuring if I need to keep buying mice why pay so much for them. Jokes on me though, this $20 Perixx mouse has held up for almost 10 months now with no sign of multi clicking. 

The past couple years I had been buying Death Adders and they kept developing a multi click issue in less than 8 months. So I replaced my last Razer with the cheapest 5 button mouse I could find on Newegg, figuring if I need to keep buying mice why pay so much for them. Jokes on me though, this $20 Perixx mouse has held up for almost 10 months now with no sign of multi clicking. 

You get multiclick issues because of a bit of "dust" between the little circuits.

When you open the mouse, there will be 2 little metal pins that connect each time you click the mouse button. All you need to do is clean that little gap with tweezers. Should take around 5 min to clean it.

Still, 8 months is kind of short. Used G500 for 5 years, before I got that issue.