Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Physically Strong Are The Tennos? (Counting The Suit Strength)

tinyranitar

Well, not too terribly difficult, but we'll have to make the fairly sweeping assumption that all weapons unless otherwise stated are made of mostly the same material, and that in a non-deadly environment, the atmosphere is relatively similar in composition to our own. 

This isn't outside the realm of possibility for the Mk-1 Bo, so I'll run with it.

1. Measure how many strikes a Tenno, using the bo, can block from another tenno, attacking with another bo, before said block "breaks". 

2. Generate a function which describes the motion of the blocking-Tenno's weapon through space. 

3. Generate another function which describes the motion of the attacking-Tenno's weapon through space. 

3.5: Note that these functions must solve for energy with inputs of x/y/z coordinates, time, and density. I'm too lazy to derive those right now, but I'm relatively confident it could be done.

4. Measure the intensity and pitch of the sound generated by blocking-Tenno's weapon striking the attacking-Tenno's weapon

5. Because the two weapons use exactly the same materials, energy travels through them at exactly the same rate. As such, we can measure the time it takes for the sound to propagate through the metal, subtracting the time it takes for the sound to propagate towards us. (Note that at this point, the physics breaks down because it's a video game..and i'm pretty sure DE didn't go into this much detail)

6. Solve for how long it would take for a sound of the same pitch and intensity to reach us, if it were generated the same distance as the point of contact between the two weapons, but instead moved only through the air. 

7. By subtracting the soundThroughAir from the soundThroughWeaponsAndAir, we determine a (rough) measure for how long it took for the energy to travel through the weapon. This then allows us to calculate the density of the weapon.

8. Plug the now-known density into our function from 2, and integrate over total time used. This us the total energy used to block

9. The energy from 8 is the amount of energy that a Tenno can call upon quickly in their arms, since blocking (generally) involves the weapon moving much faster than when attacking. Let us further assume that this is the same amount of energy used to perform a double jump, since said double jump prohibits the Tenno from further aerial antics. 

10. Since a Tenno moves forward while attacking, it is reasonable to assume (we've come this far!) that they're using additional energy in their legs to overpower their stationary opponent (Otherwise Tenno couldn't attack indefinitely). As such, measure the maximum height obtained by a Tenno performing a double jump straight up (it would have to be the "twisty" kind to be accurate)

11. From the height, and assuming a gravitational constant of 9.81m/s2, calculate the total energy used in this jump. 

12. Add the energy calculated from step 8 to that found in step 11, which gives us the total usable energy a Tenno can call upon quickly. 

Let us then further assume that a Tenno is able (theoretically) to transmit all of this energy in a single strike. That tells us how hard a Tenno can hit.

tl;dr: It's possible to calculate, but the math is atrocious. 

Now your reply is the kind of replies i was hoping to see when i came into this thread.

Actually no, I'm afraid that logic does not hold. Other Warframes don't use powers that are implied to be the result of pure physical strength. At least not at the level of Rhino. Your logic would only hold if every Warframe had powers that allowed them to access such levels of physical strength through Void energy. While all Warframes draw on Void energy for their powers and physical abilities, they still each have their own unique ways of using it. At best, it simply means that Rhino specifically is uniquely capable of summoning vast strength with his specific brand of Void powers.

We're not going to see eye-to-eye because it seems that you believe a different theory about Void powers. I'm guessing your belief is that each Tenno has a specific type of Void energy without a Warframe. I believe that is not the case, so we can agree to disagree.

What else can we use to differentiate between practical and theoretical mathematics?

Dunno. What say you to manly Tenno strength? How buff are we? Can we pick up Metal Gear Rays, throw them into the air, jump onto one of their blades, and start slashing with our own blades?

The spiderman underestimation here is strong.

Parker would probably destroy every single warframe even if they came at him at once.

Tenno are like...captain america in a powered suit.

Can Spider Sense save him from excessive amounts of CC we have? I mean, we can counter Manics, and there were freaks that gathered hundreds of points in Gate Crash...

The spiderman underestimation here is strong.

Parker would probably destroy every single warframe even if they came at him at once.

Tenno are like...captain america in a powered suit.

That's overselling Spider-Man by quite a bit.  Tenno have way too many auto-kill powers that he's got no way to deal with and isn't durable enough to shake off.  

Can Spider Sense save him from excessive amounts of CC we have? I mean, we can counter Manics, and there were freaks that gathered hundreds of points in Gate Crash...

Manics are pathetically weak compared to Spidey, he'd legit be able to take well over a dozen of them with no problems. Now granted, saying he'd take out every Warframe simultaneously is definitely an embellishment. However, keep in mind that the point of this thread is that we are gauging Tenno ability without powers, so CC isn't a factor here. Without their powers Parker would definitely take them all down though.

That's overselling Spider-Man by quite a bit.  Tenno have way too many auto-kill powers that he's got no way to deal with and isn't durable enough to shake off.  

This. A Nova for example could Molecular Prime in the middle of a crowded building, parkour out the nearest window, aim glide a heavily charged AMD back into the building, then Wormhole to a safe distance while the entire building goes up like a Michael Bay film.

You guys realize that this is supposed to be Warframe without their powers right? Also your example doesn't help your point considering he can easily outrun the slow moving wave of MP. Spiderman once outran a bullet. Not dodged, he literally outran one. A bullet actually chased him around the city and it couldn't catch him. He's much faster and stronger than most people believe. Now granted, I do believe that a group of Tenno using their powers will overwhelm him. Without powers though, Tenno have no chance at all.

You guys realize that this is supposed to be Warframe without their powers right? Also your example doesn't help your point considering he can easily outrun the slow moving wave of MP. Spiderman once outran a bullet. Not dodged, he literally outran one. A bullet actually chased him around the city and it couldn't catch him. He's much faster and stronger than most people believe. Now granted, I do believe that a group of Tenno using their powers will overwhelm him. Without powers though, Tenno have no chance at all.

Most Marvel heroes are stupidly strong and they are typically in the Gary Stu/Mary Sue levels of feats. So they really shouldn't be used for comparisons. Also, this thread being about Warframes without powers is exactly why i asked you "Why is Rhino the exception?" in regards to comparing him to Raiden.

Rhino can.

No, he can't.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Most Marvel heroes are stupidly strong and they are typically in the Gary Stu/Mary Sue levels of feats. So they really shouldn't be used for comparisons. Also, this thread being about Warframes without powers is exactly why i asked you "Why is Rhino the exception?" in regards to comparing him to Raiden.

Spiderman is hardly a Gary Stu, so that doesn't at all apply here. He's fine as a comparison. You can't throw an entire multiverse (Marvel) into the same category, merely because some characters are Mary Sue/Gary Stu types. The only feat hes ever done that falls under that category is defeating Firelord. Also, I already explained the Rhino thing. Although I have no idea where you got that "theory" from that you believe me to have lol. My point about Rhino is that DE has always depicted him as having vast physical strength, even his codex entry depicts him casually creating a massive crater in the ground and killing multiple assailants by slamming the hilt of a Scindo into the ground. The point is that that whether he's using his specific Void Powers or not, he strength is great.

Any of their bows, when you think about it, have enough tensile strength to put a bolt through 1-3 meters of a space ship's hull. Like, seriously, our bows must have a 1 ton draw strength.

True, especially when you think about the Daikyu, considering how much more strain it takes to draw the bow. They're definitely well into the superhuman range.

You guys looking at a unknown void powered nano suit of crysis... We have people that can run endlessly because of fast decrease time of lactic acid in muscle =almost endless stamina and we have Hercules syndrome which allow to skeleton muscles(not heart like only power muscle) high develop by dna mutation  and if they made some test on children like MASTER CHİEF = BOOM MASTER CHİEF WİTH NANO SUİT AND MAGİC POWERS

Spiderman is hardly a Gary Stu, so that doesn't at all apply here. He's fine as a comparison. You can't throw an entire multiverse (Marvel) into the same category, merely because some characters are Mary Sue/Gary Stu types. The only feat hes ever done that falls under that category is defeating Firelord. Also, I already explained the Rhino thing. Although I have no idea where you got that "theory" from that you believe me to have lol. My point about Rhino is that DE has always depicted him as having vast physical strength, even his codex entry depicts him casually creating a massive crater in the ground and killing multiple assailants by slamming the hilt of a Scindo into the ground. The point is that that whether he's using his specific Void Powers or not, he strength is great.

No, he isn't a fine comparison. He outran a bullet, had cosmic powers at one point, lifts 20 tons, and etc.

Your Rhino comparison to Raiden is also heavily flawed. By your logic, i can say Nekros is the strongest because he can punch a soul from it's body. All Warframes can use the same weapons Rhino use, all of them can do slam attacks that send enemies flying, and i'm not sure how a dramatic pose in a codex is a valid indication of strength lol.

Stomp is a power and without using his power he is virtually equal to the rest of the Warframes in strength. He most definitely isn't as strong as Raiden lifting a Ray or a Excelsus leg.