Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gersemi Valkyr Skin, Best Thing To Happen To Warframe?

Cleesus

Every time I see thia skin I am reminded of this.

5af47449469d1fb0c04acb87114e98bc.jpg

If only the skin looked more like it had Eldar or Sister of Battle design, then I'm sure more folks would flock to it. Then again, I don't know how folks would handle it if her "Pre-Corpus" had the body ratio (and helmet) of a Howling banshee or looked like a Bolter..... Sister of Battle with a helmet.

Its not a great skin but i bought it anyway, head looks terrible and the only way i tolerate the tail is the fact that there is enough stuff hanging off the back of my Valkyr for it to blend in with the Syandana and Attachments. Much like Nemesis i'll use it for a lil bit and maybe go back to it again over time but largely prefer the Immortal Skin.

I'm interested in knowing what the inspiration for naming her Gersemi is.

Of all the obscure Norse gods, Gersemi is just a footnote with no actual lore other then she was the daughter of Freyja and Óðr and had a sister named Hnoss.

Like, did DE Google "what's the most obscure Norse goddess?".

I dunno if it's just me but, I prefer base Valk skin way better than this. It looks too.. Clean? Like the colors are too segmented, and the lined/tube like texture design for her in the Gersemi skin like pretty eh. I dunno, I can't quite pinpoint what I don't like about the skin but it's turning me off.

I was hyped for it at first, myself liking the idea of a tail and the wings, and to see Valk in a pre-corpus state, but it seems i'll be sticking with Normal valk. As it blows Gersemi out of the water. Atleast for me anyway.

Edited by SJunior

I kinda regret buying it but hey, limited edition

kawaii neko chan tail was too hard to resist =^w^= nya~

... Anyway, I definitely prefer the default skin with Bastet helmet.

If I could add the "gersemi" tail to THAT, I'd have no regrets, even though it's not very appealing.

I'm interested in knowing what the inspiration for naming her Gersemi is.

Of all the obscure Norse gods, Gersemi is just a footnote with no actual lore other then she was the daughter of Freyja and Óðr and had a sister named Hnoss.

Like, did DE Google "what's the most obscure Norse goddess?".

Well, in old norse her name apparently means "treasure" (according to wikipedia), so take that as you will. Some random site about norse gods (the first site that pops up when I google gersemi goddess), stated that she is a norse god of beauty. The random site claims the name is used to describe things that are precious or lovely. 

I feel like they were almost going for obscure on purpose here, so she wouldn't be associated with anyone goddesses that are too well established. But I could be wrong, they might have just thought it sounded cool lol. If the translation is direct it might be something like "treasure valkyr skin" or "precious/beautiful valkyr skin". 

i havent use it yet just bought the skin for future use i guess..that tail got me

what i find interesting on this skin is that extra glowing thing in the back is different from ur main color,,

which is changeable in ur attachment instead..so its kinda cool coz sometimes i want different attachment energy color from my main

i keep it orange and black with a touch of white ..cute and purr-tty

BoqqR8u.jpg

i havent use it yet just bought the skin for future use i guess..that tail got me

what i find interesting on this skin is that extra glowing thing in the back is different from ur main color,,

which is changeable in ur attachment instead..so its kinda cool coz sometimes i want different attachment energy color from my main

i keep it orange and black with a touch of white ..cute and purr-tty

BoqqR8u.jpg

Your colour scheme reminds me of the after corpus valkyr lol, beautiful skin btw, i even like the helmet now T_T

I am finding myself wanting to like this skin, yet I for some reason I can not pin down, I just don´t. I was so sure I would love it, but so far I am unconvinced.

I am really happy many of you love it though! They did an awesome job on it after all.

I am a little dissapointed with that skin.

The original Valkyr was suposed to be a totally different frame

that we get from Alad V, because of all the dissection and experimentation that she suffered

But instead they choosed to do just a skin with some minor changes to her abilities.

Not something that I am looking for.

And no, that skin for is not the best thing that happened to Warframe, this skin

is one of the most disappointing things for me. Is like DE was a little lazy on doing

a complete new frame that gave origin to Valkyr.

that we get from Alad V, because of all the dissection and experimentation that she suffered

But instead they choosed to do just a skin with some minor changes to her abilities.

And no, that skin for is not the best thing that happened to Warframe, this skin

is one of the most disappointing things for me. Is like DE was a little lazy on doing

Mate. It's a SKIN, not supposed to have any changes to the abilities of the Warframe ( Valkyr is best ).

Secondly, they had a rework to all Valkyrs, seeing as how people were saying she was 'disappointing' before U17.5.

Thirdly Valkyr is Bae, good enough for me.

I don't understand why people think Valkyr wasn't a berserker before the experiment.

Mate. It's a SKIN, not supposed to have any changes to the abilities of the Warframe ( Valkyr is best ).

Secondly, they had a rework to all Valkyrs, seeing as how people were saying she was 'disappointing' before U17.5.

Thirdly Valkyr is Bae, good enough for me.

Please don't get me wrong, I like Valkyr, and I always liked her even before the update.
I just wanted a little more depth to her back history, since was stated the she is a berserker now because
all what she suffered in the hand of corpus

I don't understand why people think Valkyr wasn't a berserker before the experiment.

Some of us think about that because on the live stream before her being released(if I am not wrong) DE said that she have theses powers and
appearance as result of the experiments that she had suffered

Please don't get me wrong, I like Valkyr, and I always liked her even before the update.
I just wanted a little more depth to her back history, since was stated the she is a berserker now because
all what she suffered in the hand of corpus

Some of us think about that because on the live stream before her being released(if I am not wrong) DE said that she have theses powers and
appearance as result of the experiments that she had suffered

she still IS a berserker her powers may have slightly changed in look from what they originally did before is all. the only real new power i could see her develop is her scream that slows and speeds up her attacks and MAYBE her stomp that stuns and knocks down due to her being experimented on. rip line i see as her using the bonds now as where before she had the ability to manifest it herself.

the only real change is her ult as it does say this power changed from her being tortured so now she became invulnerable in blind rage. but just to note SOME of the community wanted a COMPLETE new frame which made no sense in doing. most of the community just wanted a skin of her original form.

Valkyr has always been a berserker, alad v just made her angrier, and its part of her lore.

If we look at the lore, frames were created with void energy meaning valkyr (prime) had the same abilities during the old war, she just got captured by the corpus , got skinned, and alad used her armor on zanuka.

I really think they ought to have done some new voiceover lines for the screams to help convey that, but maybe they'll add them in the future? Either way, one COULD still say her powers were altered - compare her Gersemi claws to her regular claws and note how much-more dagger-like the regular Valkyr (post-experimentation) claws are in comparison.

As for Frames being created with Void energy, that was the Tenno. The Warframes themselves seemingly were made out of Technocyte - same stuff as the Infested (hence the lines the Infested say to us).