Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8.0.5: It's Getting Hot(Fix) In Here

[DE]darryl1

Are you @(*()$ kidding me? You fix the void key exploit, but you leave alone the frankly insulting drop rates on the void item components. You give rare keys to those who now buy key packs, but you're fine with screwing over anyone who already bought them?

Well thanks DE, thanks for showing exactly wahat kind of company you are.

agree with you man

This.  We got screwed.

I absolutely refuse to purchase another void pack or anything period until I'm awarded something more substantial for the fraudulant product they sold us.

It wasn't "fraudulent" in any sense of the term. At no point was "you're guaranteed to get a rare tower key" part of the key pack description. It sucks that they change this now rather than having it like this from when u8 dropped, and I think this is probably the worst fix for the problem oh shy receivers and blades they could've come up with, but they never promised level 3 missions for every pack prior to this, so fraudulent it isn't.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

It wasn't "fraudulent" in any sense of the term. At no point was "you're guaranteed to get a rare tower key" part of the key pack description. It sucks that they change this now rather than having it like this from when u8 dropped, and I think this is probably the worst fix for the problem oh shy receivers and blades they could've come up with, but they never promised level 3 missions for every pack prior to this, so fraudulent it isn't.

But they also never stated that the void missions had a higher chance of dropping the "rare" components, the tiers were to increase the chance of finding Forma. All the blueprints were supposed to be RNG equal.

At headquarters, they're either crying into each others arms screaming "WHY CAN'T WE DO ANYTHING RIGHT!" Singing "lolol haters gonna hate", or uhh...none of the above. What was the point of this post again?

At headquarters, they're either crying into each others arms screaming "WHY CAN'T WE DO ANYTHING RIGHT!" Singing "lolol haters gonna hate", or uhh...none of the above. What was the point of this post again?

They probably laugh at us, yelling "We fooled again these idiots" *high five*

I'll be honest, this is really a kick in a teeth for people who just bought Void Keys recently. In no way was this predictable (like a real/content update for example). I would suggest to distribute one rare key equal to the amount of packs bought per account.

yes please do that

[size=6]- Launcher improvements: Added a new content download system and verification tool. You can trigger a verification scan from the launcher settings to repair corrupted files in place without having to re-download the entire game. Content updates are now even more rigorously checked for corruption and the launcher now includes download statistics for the content update phase.[/size]

THANK YOU!

fnCzukI.gif

Are you @(*()$ kidding me? You fix the void key exploit, but you leave alone the frankly insulting drop rates on the void item components. You give rare keys to those who now buy key packs, but you're fine with screwing over anyone who already bought them?

Well thanks DE, thanks for showing exactly wahat kind of company you are.

It's a pretty obvious business tactic. Release product, people rush to buy it. When sales dwindle, make it fancy to get a second wave of sales. Then stop caring.

yea man hindsight predictions of the future are usually really accurate, now how about telling me something useful other going full retard?

Haha, interesting post.

But yes, I was just confirming with Support how we will handle the old packs that were purchased. Anyone who bought old packs (before this Hotfix) will have a Rare key added to their account. It may take a little long to sort everyone out, but we will help out all those who purchased keys.

We are getting our programmers to also generate a list of these purchases so we can automate the process to help out more quickly.

Really sorry about that.

But they also never stated that the void missions had a higher chance of dropping the "rare" components, the tiers were to increase the chance of finding Forma. All the blueprints were supposed to be RNG equal.

They never said that either, to the best of my understanding. Instead, it was just something the players assumed.

Now, it's still a bad fix to the issue, but all the guys screaming "fraud!" and "we were cheated!" need to get some perspective. It absolutely sucks that some guys spent bazillions of plat, and this "fix" was a bad decision on DE's part, but there's no fraud and not much cheating going on here, because DE gave you exactly what they promised: A random pack of 5 void keys which you can use to run tower missions.

We have groups at Kappa (mobile defense mission, Sedna), reporting zero mob spawns during objectives. After running the Neptune boss twice, we have confirmed the boss is dropping no materials at all, hope you've already got those control modules folks.

Eh, bosses not always dropping materials has been an issue for awhile, it's not new to this hotfix. Two missions isn't enough of a sample size for that sort of thing.

Had problems getting clanmates to join me in a lobby for void mission (T1 exterm; they were getting the invite, but on accept it gave session unavailable), then after several more attempts chat window became completely unresponsive. Also, clan chat reports multiple void failures (no rewards on finish, getting rooms with no exits, etc.)

Haha, interesting post.

But yes, I was just confirming with Support how we will handle the old packs that were purchased. Anyone who bought old packs (before this Hotfix) will have a Rare key added to their account. It may take a little long to sort everyone out, but we will help out all those who purchased keys.

We are getting our programmers to also generate a list of these purchases so we can automate the process to help out more quickly.

Really sorry about that.

OH! Yes, also important to note that you'll need to make a support.warframe.com ticket for this, hop over to the support desk if you've been affected.

Haha, interesting post.

Really sorry about that.

Are you talking one key per pack or one key total? I personally spent $25 on packs and would hope it would be one per pack since this bug wasn't announced until Saturday night and the drop rate fix only affects rank3 missions which are now guaranteed. Would kind of be a total kick in the teeth to only give one key total when a lot of us bought a ton of packs

Edited by marowit