Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Campaign? A Discussion

Skinner1818

So this is something that me and my friend have been discussing for a time now as we have been playing warframe, as we feel that this is something that needs to be included to give people a reason to keep playing. We have been discussing what potential campaign missions could be included, and have drafted out a first mission plan (soon to be added, nearly finished) with another 9 in the works (still to be refined) and longer term plans for up to 100 different  missions (as well as Tac alerts and general lore missions, so closer to 200 overall).

As part of this, we have been working on a story to compliment the campaign to give a bit more back story to the characters and setting (found here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/538566-warframe-a-short-story-preview/).

Additionally we have also set up a discussion as to what accents the Tenno would have if they could speak which is a main part of our plans for both the campaign and the story. We think this is something that would benefit the general game for quick commands during missions **Edit** now shown below in the spoiler.

Do you think a campaign mode would benefit Warframe in keeping players interested, or do you think the tactical alerts/quests are good enough?

As we were working on the drafts for the campaign and story, we had to come up with what the different Tenno would sound like if they could speak (an integral part of our plans). We have put together a rough list of what accents we think they would have, but I would love to hear what ideas you guys have on this.

Ash – Japanese

Atlas - Greek

Banshee – Austrian

Chroma – South African

Ember – Canadian

Equinox – Chinese (Male/Female split personality)

Excalibur – Voice of Hayden Tenno (American)

Frost – Nordic

Hydroid – Toned Down Pirate (Blackbeard from Pirates of Caribbean)

Limbo – Australian

Loki – Upper Class British

Mag – Chinese

Mesa – Texan

Mirage – Upper Class British

Nekros – Ghostly voice (think Thresh from League of Legends)

Nova – Ukranian

Nyx – Middle class British

Oberon – Mad Scotsman (barely understandable – think Glasgow on Friday night)

Rhino – Russian

Saryn – Californian (think Kerrigan from Starcraft)

Trinity – Spanish

Valkyr – No Voice (mute)?

Vauban – French

Volt – German

Zephyr – Brazilian

*Note* The way I imagined the Tenno is a collection of people from round the globe, not just from one signle country, hence the reason for the different locations and accents.

I based the accents off the vibes I got from looking at the Warframes themselves and their general design concepts. If some appear 'racist' then I can only apologise.

Of course any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Skinner1818

Well, seeing as Warframe is based off the Dark Sector universe,
It would be nice to see the "tenno awakening" where they show a breif animation of a sped up view of the solarsystem from the ending of dark sector (how hayden is like, the first (technically second, cause nemesis)(oops, spoiler)), and how corpus vs grineer, and then infestation and sentinates
and then the great sleep or what ever

and then we are where we are today.

actually the quests are somewhat intended to be campaign. not to mention that there is a cinimatic quest coming up that is supposed to be highly developed by DE in U18

Yea, each assassination and planet we unlock and people we rescue is part of the "story" of bringing the solarsystem back to ballance

When you get to pluto, you've already #*($%%@ over most of the grineer elites, some of the corpus leaders, and along the way, eradicating the infested.

What I'd like to see (as I said before)

Is a brief (maybe 5-10 minuet long) animation of the Hayden tenno being the begining of the tenno "idea" and how the sentinates used them, Then there was some bloody slaughter (stalker has more info) and then the tenno went to sleep.

The last mission finally shed some light on why we finally woke up.

so that's like the true begining of warframe.

Now we need to have the epilogue, and prologue.

also, certain warframes have certain entry's as to the lore of the universe (ember, Excalibur, stalker, etc)

Edited by Easymac

Honestly, with the new Star Chart coming in U18 they should set up previous events, quests, boss fights and even raids into linear stories that can be replayed after completion (Just like it is in - yeah, I know, you guys shudder by the mention of it - Destiny.)

Just look at it.

The Tubemen of Regor Event

Natah Quest

Tyl Regor boss fight.

If played in that order, they create a linear story of rise and fall of Tyl Regor.

Same could be said about Vor, Vay Hek, Alad V and others.

I really hope DE doesn't miss this opportunity. It would be epic.

Word to the wise:

-Base it from Vor's Prize, i.e. Vor is pretty much dead. No campaign parts in the deep past.

-If I was to make a campaign, I'd make it quest-based, so you'd have a main storyline with Natah and all that and side storylines involving villain arcs, not a singular linear campaign a la any other generic shooty game.

-Wait till U18 so we know what the Tenno ARE - can they speak? Do they look like humans? How do they poop?

-Connect what we do in the campaign to what we unlock - consider Devstream 55's star atlas for help.

-Make quests to get all the Warframes. I always felt like that was where they belonged.

But I'm pretty excited to see this! Hope you guys can get this out soon.

As we were working on the drafts for the campaign and story, we had to come up with what the different Warframes would sound like if they could speak (an integral part of our plans). We have put together a rough list of what accents we think they would have, but I would love to hear what ideas you guys have on this, and whether this would be a good idea in the game in general for quick communication e.g. move here, attack this target etc.

Warframes are suits, wearable by any Tenno, Warframes don't "speak" the Tenno do and that Tenno would sound the same regardless of the suit being worn.

This is why Tenno _don't_ speak in the game, they would have the voice of the "player" regardless of Warframe. There is one "character" per player, a single Tenno that awakens, escapes from Vor and progresses through the Origin system acquiring new Warframes to use, that is the plot of this game.

Well, seeing as Warframe is based off the Dark Sector universe,

Not quite.

The released Dark Sector game was a mangled version of a base Sci-Fi concept. Warframe is based on that Sci-Fi concept. The two games share a common spiritual parent, one is not based on the other.

Edited by SilentMobius

Warframes are suits, wearable by any Tenno, Warframes don't "speak" the Tenno do and that Tenno would sound the same regardless of the suit being worn.

That was a typo, thanks for pointing that out!

This is why Tenno _don't_ speak in the game, they would have the voice of the "player" regardless of Warframe.

I based it off the fact that Hayden Tenno in Dark Sector could speak separately. Dark Sector and Warframe are confirmed to be linked by DE (this was confirmed in one of the Dev Streams and also the Proto Excalibur skin was designed to look exactly like Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector with the moniker "Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating the Orokin Empire" providing another direct link between both games)

Edited by Skinner1818

Nova – Ukranian

rMHgE2C.jpg

DE. Make it happen. Please. For the love of all what remains of poor lil Jordas.

I can't even imagine it.

That would be so hilarious.

To be fair, these ones are great too:

Chroma – South African

Mesa – Texan

Weird that there's no lower class british.

"Oi! U wot, m8? Are you 'avin a giggle ther, m8? Cheeky c#@t!"

*riplines a grineer lancer closer to herself*

*starts smashing it*

Edited by Captain_Fronk

The concept of Yin/Yang is a Chinese concept, and the concept of a ninja is a Japanese spy/agent/assassin. The last thing I want to hear is a ninja speaks Chinese.

I based it off the fact that Hayden Tenno in Dark Sector could speak separately. Dark Sector and Warframe are confirmed to be linked by DE (this was confirmed in one of the Dev Streams and also the Proto Excalibur skin was designed to look exactly like Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector with the moniker "Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating the Orokin Empire" providing another direct link between both games)

Dude, the devs actually said on a later stream that Dark Sector was semi-canon, like 5/10 on the canon scale (I do not jest, that's what they said). And it also begs the question: If all the Warframes have unique personalities and bodies, how do we switch between em'? Hell, what's wrong with a mute protagonist anyway?

The concept of Yin/Yang is a Chinese concept, and the concept of a ninja is a Japanese spy/agent/assassin. The last thing I want to hear is a ninja speaks Chinese.

Then you're in a luck as that will never happen.

Actually, no one speaks Chinese, as there is no "Chinese" language.

The inhabitants of Chinese speak from a couple of major dialects, the main one of which is Mandarin.  Cantonese is also pretty big but Mandarin the much more mainstream one.

If you ever watch a Chinese movie in the native language with English(or whatever language you mainly use) subtitles then the spoken language is usually Mandarin.

And that concludes todays educational lesson!

Now on to the main topic, this is a cool concept but I would rather not see it happen.

Not that I don't like Tenno talking, but the main point of keeping them "silent" is they're supposed to be offshoots of us the players.  So like if we're fighting a bunch of Grineer and we're all like "COME AND GET SOME U SONS A BICHES!" in a way that's supposed to be the Tenno talking and if you're more calm and collected then same thing.

From now on Oberon will forever have the voice of the Demo from TF2

I can see Valkyr having a Norse accent, given the recent reference to Norse mythology with her new skin. Edited by Nova73

Note* The way I imagined the Tenno is a collection of people from round the globe, not just from one signle country, hence the reason for the different locations and accents

Sense8 anyone ?

EDIT : What if the tennos are all connected through mind :o

EDIT 2 : What if they don't talk but they HUM just like BARD in League of Legends?

Edited by MarkDaPanda

Honestly, with the new Star Chart coming in U18 they should set up previous events, quests, boss fights and even raids into linear stories that can be replayed after completion (Just like it is in - yeah, I know, you guys shudder by the mention of it - Destiny.)

Just look at it.

Natah Quest

Tyl Regor boss fight.

If played in that order, they create a linear story of rise and fall of Tyl Regor.

Very this.

I love the story, and am sad that I missed all these events and can only read about it.

Being able to play, even just for the story and lesser / set / drop table rewards would be nice.

I very much agree that each planet should have a questline that guides players through it and introduces like the bosses of that planet while giving some information on what's going on around there and why it's important to stop it.

Hell, could reuse the old Events for it - when you finish up on Mars the Gradivus Dilemma kicks off, siding you with Ruk (to keep with how the event went down) to stop Alad V, before then turning on Ruk for the final Assassination. After that head to Jupiter, clear out the Infestation to find Alad V (ala The Hunt for Alad V event that followed) and then kill him.

Just finished up on Ceres? Suspicious Shipments kicks off and gives you access to Eris! 

The talk of the Warframe voices made me think back to when I did some fan-voice acting for the frames

Just look at it.

Natah Quest

Tyl Regor boss fight.

That idea is great but it will take alot of ressource.

If we make a linear story DE will have to give older stat for the beginning because the tenno the infested the corpus the grineer and even the corrupted have evolved throug the story.

(i don't want 2000 mission node)

Rethinking about that......why not has we avance in the story the enemy become stronger and adapt themself to the tenno.

And Mr will finally mean something.

With each Mr you achieve the story of this fight go foward.

You unlock certain event and enemy evolve only at certain Mr.(might be a problem with dilem event because they directly affect the development of the story.)

Edited by angias

+1 to Morec0

Would the orokin not be an amalgamation of current cultures assuming they derived from modern humans. Tenno then, would all talk in the same language and you'd not have nationalities.

Regional dialects/accents would still be a thing, even if they have a common language, unless like the empires in Star Wars, there's an ideal imperial Orokin accent that you have to use if you want to be high up socially or politically.

So this is something that me and my friend have been discussing for a time now as we have been playing warframe, as we feel that this is something that needs to be included to give people a reason to keep playing. We have been discussing what potential campaign missions could be included, and have drafted out a first mission plan (soon to be added, nearly finished) with another 9 in the works (still to be refined) and longer term plans for up to 100 different  missions (as well as Tac alerts and general lore missions, so closer to 200 overall).

As part of this, we have been working on a story to compliment the campaign to give a bit more back story to the characters and setting (found here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/538566-warframe-a-short-story-preview/).

Additionally we have also set up a discussion as to what accents the Tenno would have if they could speak which is a main part of our plans for both the campaign and the story. We think this is something that would benefit the general game for quick commands during missions **Edit** now shown below in the spoiler.

Do you think a campaign mode would benefit Warframe in keeping players interested, or do you think the tactical alerts/quests are good enough?

As we were working on the drafts for the campaign and story, we had to come up with what the different Tenno would sound like if they could speak (an integral part of our plans). We have put together a rough list of what accents we think they would have, but I would love to hear what ideas you guys have on this, and whether this would be a good idea in the game in general for quick communication e.g. move here, attack this target etc.

Ash – Chinese

Atlas - Greek

Banshee – Austrian

Chroma – South African

Ember – Canadian

Equinox – Japanese (Male/Female split personality)

Excalibur – Voice of Hayden Tenno (American)

Frost – Nordic

Hydroid – Toned Down Pirate (Blackbeard from Pirates of Caribbean)

Limbo – Australian

Loki – Upper Class British

Mag – Chinese

Mesa – Texan

Mirage – Upper Class British

Nekros – Ghostly voice (think Thresh from League of Legends)

Nova – Ukranian

Nyx – Middle class British

Rhino – Russian

Saryn – Californian (think Kerrigan from Starcraft)

Trinity – Spanish

Vauban – French

Volt – German

Zephyr – Brazilian

*Note* The way I imagined the Tenno is a collection of people from round the globe, not just from one signle country, hence the reason for the different locations and accents.

I based the accents off the vibes I got from looking at the Warframes themselves and their general design concepts. If some appear 'racist' then I can only apologise.

Of course any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Looks like OP is ignorant of Asians and Asian cultures lol.....Yin & Yang is a Chinese concept and Ash is a ninja so he's a Japanese warframe. While the Asian cultures may seem similar try not to totally confuse them all together or mix them up as you might offend someone.

So as such we should leave the Tenno silent and mute as well as lacking any culture but their own Tenno culture.

+1 to Morec0

Regional dialects/accents would still be a thing, even if they have a common language, unless like the empires in Star Wars, there's an ideal imperial Orokin accent that you have to use if you want to be high up socially or politically.

Different dialect for each social rank of each planet?

Seems..cool.

Why not, let's do this!!