Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity - How Well Suited For Solo Play?

Acidulant

Question

I have never used Trinity before, so please excuse me for lack of knowledge.

I'm mostly a solo player, and almost exclusively use melee weapons these days.

My frame of choice currently is Excalibur (However I don't use Exalted Blade, so that can be excluded from discussion).

I wanted to know how Trinity holds up in solo melee settings. Any help is appreciated!

18 answers to this question

Trinity is basically unkillable.  This is a very handy trait for playing solo.  Damage output will never be as broken-OP as Excalibur, but Trinity makes a great (conventional) melee frame since Link requires you to be close to the enemy and Vampire lets you make energy as needed for channeling attacks to increase damage.

Amazingly. Energy Vampire will keep your energy full, Blessing will keep you alive. Link is good for survivability and immunity to crowd control, allowing you to go to town with melee. The Well of Life + Energy Vampire combo is good for taking out powerful targets.

For very late game stuff, you can take the Link augment and Corrosive Projection, maybe even with Shattering Impact on your melee weapon, to just shred enemy armour away. For unarmoured enemies or easier content, it's not really worth going that far though.

At the end of the day, Trinity's a great frame. Just build the normal version of her and get a feel for the playstyle, that's much more valuable than anything anyone else can tell you.

I've always found her to be near perfect for solo melee missions pretty much anywhere. With link you can tank a lot of damage and restore what you lost with Blessing. Energy is not a problem either so with good useage of Energy Vampire you can pretty much constantly channel with life strike. I'd suggest a duration focused build for Trinity along with Quick Thinking and Flow so you have time to get some health back if your health gets low.

I'm by no means a pro trinity but looking up the blessing build on her actually makes her kinda tanky. I def like running that build than the EV build.

I guess depending on how high level the enemies get in endless missions, you can get one shot just as easily as anyone else per say... I wouldn't know exactly about a melee only fighter but def worth checking out a couple of her builds and seeing what suits you best

I wanted to know how Trinity holds up in solo melee settings.

Solo melee? you can solo everything because she is immortal. She doesn't get any buff to that area so it will depend mostly on the weapon you use. Just don't try to solo high level defenses or things that require cc and room clearing.

Thanks for your inputs guys. Seems like Trinity will definitely be my next frame to try out!

meh...

better try ash.

Aside from giving yourself  a very boring god-mode, trinity hasnt much to offer for a solo player.

She was designed all around support and everything aside from a press 4 tactic will gladly get yourself killed.

Ash on the other side can make himself invisible (which is also close to immortality, especially if you have life-strike because of the large bonus damage on melee attacks), he can teleport to enemy's and perform finishers, which are mostly instant kill and on top of that he has an high damage ultimate, that makes you invulnerable while its casted.

Choosing trinity, a frame that is mostly build around support, while wanting a melee focused solo frame seems a pretty bad idea to me.

If its just immortality you are seaking then also valkyr is a good choice.

I prefer to do an extended duration Link with enough strength to get full health with Blessing. But at the same time, I make sure that I have range so that Link can extend further. The main drawback to this build is that Energy Vampire will take longer between pulses, but if you kill the enemy that you are vamping, you get the energy right away.

I'm a Trinity beginner too and was thinking about how would she fare as a melee frame.

First, I love meleeing: have a maxed Excalibur (my all time fav), a Valkyr and I even run Irradianting Disarm Loki melee for fun.

So, back to the topic ... I haven't maxed Trin yet, but was thinking about EV + Link + Melee Channel. I've heard some have tried, but I'm looking for a build and to discuss this matter, see if it works and all.

Thanks !

PS.: @ThorienKELL yes, that's pretty much the "easiest" way to get him now

Edited by .Zefir

Trinity is a almost immortal tank when played right, she doesn't have the nuke ability of some of the other frames but carry the right weapons and you basically cn kill em all without a problem. I recently used her to solo the Second Dream quest all the way through no issues. 

She durable and does quite well in captures, survivals, and other mission types where she doesn't have to defend a fixed objective. She has little control, however, and short of just plugging a choke point, she isn't much good on defenses.

She's great at supporting other 'frames in defense, but this should go without saying.

She is good at melee. Her ability to heal, mitigation from blessing and link, immunity to status effects, and essentially unlimited energy make her formidable if accosted at short range. Arguably, this is better than going as a gun platform, but you do have to watch our for enemies that drain energy or lock down abilities. Fortunately, she does both guns and CQB equally well, so it's up to you how to roll.

I run a fairly high duration/moderate range link build mostly because you can't count on teammates for much of anything in PuGs and that's where I spend most of my time. She's set up to be a bit of a jack-of-all-trades and that works pretty well. She can take care of herself if your team is useless, but she can still support a switched on team quite well if you're lucky enough to run into one.