Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Simple Way To Make Pvp More Crowded

LordRasler

Here is my experience and why I love Warframe.

Back in the time when I first tried out Warframe it was a very S#&$ty game, I remember choosing Loki and I begin with some Grineer Sawmans. I don't even know what the F is going on in this game so I quit after a day and two. Then I kept on finding PvE shooters or action-shooters, I tried firefall, total BS game, don't even know which audience it's looking for, more like 5 years old to me, quit it after 10 mins of gameplay. I tried Defiance, no objectives, wondering the world for nothing, weapon system of a MMORPG (which a red flag to me) quit after 2days of gameplay. I tried ZMR, brought an costume, quit after a week due to I know it's pure pay2win. I tried Hounds Last hope, pure buggy and lagging even on NA server, quit after 2 days. Tried Warface, was nice but there are no players on the server at all can't even play the game without them, was forced to quit.

Then I decided my gaming life is #*($%%@ up and couldn't get any worst, I want CoOp action shooter REAL bad, then I decide "Warframe you *@##$, one last chance, F*** Loki I'll start fresh this time and go with Excalibur." And I'm here addicted to Warframe. The point is, not even a single cell inside me want to play PvP in Warframe...AT ALL. This game owns the CoOp MMO category, once they finally finish develop the Beta stage, I'll bet my life on they will own this niche MMO genre entirely.    

How about instead the PVP Devs stop thinking death matches and your run of the mill PVP experience that the larger PVE Warframe community holds in contempt, and focus on creating an PVP experience that an on the fence PVE player might actually want to play.

Trying to force them in with cosmetics, resources, or any other gimmick is simply just poor imagination that's asking for a host of issues from AFKs to thrown matches simply to farm resources for whatever carrot that is dangling for the player base.

Think sports, think races, think last man standing, Indiana Jones, Infected, anything outside the box when it comes to PVE players.

Games like Rocket League are just fantastic due to being fun regardless of winning or not. With the speed and power of a Warframe playing some sort of sport...well that sounds like fun. But farming standing to get a scarf by being cannon fodder for PVP players looking for easy kills... doesn't.

If pvp was less about gun play and more about powers it would be more fun. Trying to shoot with the crazy amount of mobility there is just makes it tedious. If they want pvp to be rewarding for others who are more pve focused make the end of match rewards something worth going for.

If pvp was less about gun play and more about powers it would be more fun. Trying to shoot with the crazy amount of mobility there is just makes it tedious. If they want pvp to be rewarding for others who are more pve focused make the end of match rewards something worth going for.

The end of match rewards use to be more rewarding but the people that hate PVP whined about it. 

No. There are a lot of issues with PVP and i don't think it's a good idea to waste manpower and resources adding carrots to draw in a player base as of yet when balancing whats already there would be a much better idea.

Give it some time. Proper implementation of MP aspects into successful PVP games traditionally takes a couple years at least and the current PVP retcon in Warframe is only a few months old.

DE does know what they are doing. They have PVP games under their belt which includes notable mentions of co-developing Unreal Tournament, all of Bioshock 2's MP, and the Crimson Map Pack for Halo 4's MP.

PvP community is fine, everyone who gets interested in pvp can get in it even tough there are no pvp exclusive rewards (besides pvp exclusive mods) toxic players are just a few (most of pvpers here are very kind) and i think forcing people play pvp to get pve stuff might fill pvp with rooms of players taking turns to accomplish daily challenges and farm rep, who wil get annoyed of somebody who really wants to play joins them. This and players using cheap strategies to get easy kills and swarm pvp feedback with "nerf this 'cause I don't know how to counter it" threads so just no. Don't force people to play something they don't want.

Anyways there should be some totally cosmetic attachments (syandana, armor, sigil, badges) gotten only through pvp and usable on both pve and pvp

How about no

PvP and PvE should always stay separate, and PvE items should never be locked behind anything except PvE content. Anything else is just silly and pointless. It won't make people play PvP so much as it will just annoy people and make them not bother.

I agree, although I think you could have began a little friendlier than "How about no"

We are all on the same team here.

I tried firefall, total BS game, don't even know which audience it's looking for, more like 5 years old to me, quit it after 10 mins of gameplay.

you surely have met all FF community during 10 minutes of gameplay....

[heck did you even managed to finish tutorial in that time?]

for sure 10 minutes of incomplete tutorial is enought to label the whole game as "total BS".... /sarcasm

on topic - no thank you - that game does not need "more crowded" PvP it needs better (and totally separate) PvP slight difference - sure its better than it used to be but still far from where it should be afaik....

PvP is for toxic players who wish to fuel their own egos! No thanks man!

Those toxic players are everywhere, PvP or PvE.

Now, Conclave is a syndicate, so it should have syndicate cosmetics and tradeable weapons. I suggested in a thread "Put the Dragon Nikana and other 'master' weapons (with mastery rank prefixes Tiger, Eagle, Sage..) available in Conclave" BUT keep the BP in the market and the option to buy it for platinum. PvP only saves you the grind to get the resources to build the weapon and the build time, or the platinum to buy it.

The rightheous people of PvE can't handle the Gotta catch 'em all syndrome so no weapons. Cosmetics would be nice.

That's why I say "Buy the already built weapon for (reasonable) Conclave Standing, and keep a blueprint for PvE players to get the weapon with PvE effort and the Platinum alternative" PvPers are rewarded for their effort by not having to go grind resources (since they already grind the standing)