Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Simple Way To Make Pvp More Crowded

LordRasler

How about no

PvP and PvE should always stay separate, and PvE items should never be locked behind anything except PvE content. Anything else is just silly and pointless. It won't make people play PvP so much as it will just annoy people and make them not bother.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

That's a great way to get players to quit Warframe entirely...

PVP is an addon for those that want it, but most WF players started the game because it was co-op PVE. We have so few decent PVE co-op games, why must people keep trying to force PVP on us? Keep it separate.

Stop trying to force me to play PvP. Don't wanna even attempt to shoot targets that are just bullet jumping everywhere.

Yup, same here. I hate PVP in Destiny, and only play PVE there...I can see the PVP being so much more frustrating in Warframe, which was never designed for it in the first place.

Another issue I have, is games that screw up guns and abilities in PVE, because of bad balancing in PVP (again, Destiny for example, has done this to PVE players).

PVP and PVE are two different games. If people like PVP, they will play it. If you force PVE gamers into it because that's the only way to get some item, you won't like it...because we will find the fastest way to get that item, meaning we aren't PVPing for fun, and going only for the quickest/cheapest kills so we can get back to PVE. It would be lose/lose.

I Disagree, forcing people into to PvP for items in PvE isn't the way to make it more popular.

Making sure its balanced, fair and fun for all, is a much better way of attracting people to the PvP side of warframe.

Overall PvE and PvP should be kept separate as it currently is, rather than forcing people into PvP.

The general consensus proves that balancing things in PVP is way better than pulling off the model that Destiny uses. There are a bunch of things PVP locked, and it makes the game worse for many players. Do that to Warframe, and you'll just destroy PVP due to exploits and macros and whatever else.

Personally, I'm fine with winning cosmetics for PVE from PVP.

I'd be a lot more attracted to PvP as well if more matches had more modifiers as well.
Say like.

"Melee only"
"Secondary Only"
"Primary Only"
Or one that instantly refills your energy after using an ability(Besides channeling/toggle mods, after they are done/untoggled your energy skyrockets at a very faster then normal rate) and allows you to only use warframe abilities for the match.

Now THAT would be fun.

Edited by Nelizar

Yup, same here. I hate PVP in Destiny, and only play PVE there...I can see the PVP being so much more frustrating in Warframe, which was never designed for it in the first place.

Bungie mostly realized locking stuff behind PvP was bad and they stopped doing most of it. I hope DE doesn't start.

Here's a better idea, get rid of pvp  and stop wasting time on it. Stop trying to force people to play a mode filled with the worst kind of players.

Here's an even better idea than that; stop trying to tell devs not to branch out on their games.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

No No NO!!!!

Other hybrid pve/pvp games have tried this. It always ends up blowing up in their faces. Where one gamemode gets preference over the other. (usually pvp over pve). It simply never does the game and the playerbase any favors mingling them together. They should ALWAYS be on opposite sides of each other, having nothing to do with one another.

What about rare mods you can't normale get. Like the raptor stance or some of the night mods and it be a daily reset with 1-2 items for speical day but it resets in a weekly then daily. I know pvp is not fun and all but still, there can be more helpful pushing. That or they can do with the warfreame with the extra slot. and make that slot bring one pvp mod or a speical version of it to be able ot pve! And i know no means no but to hell with it haha! I still want anti melee counter for my melee frames or some of the movement pvp mods to be pve.

And so what if they did, i bet you got to have max rank to trade in for those speical mods or pve slot. I mean if you get it at first rank of kensihn mastery whats the point of conclave.

The following in my opinion, would be ok prizes in PVP:

- Cosmetic like a Syandana, badges, etc. (Should be wearable outside PVP too. This doesn't harm anyone except for envious/selfish people)

- r5 Cores. (Easily farmable in PVE, so it's not hurting anyone to have them here too.)

- Any mod that can be used in both PVE and PVP. (This really doesn't need to be explained)

I could probably think of more but those are my initial thoughts. DE would have to implement these based entirely on what the PVP players want.

A PVP syandana? I think that's fine. Other than that? PVP just isn't good/fun enough for everyone to enjoy it and more than that, you'll be making a lot of people very sour. Want to attract more people to PVP? Just have PVP alerts like regular alerts. Play 2 or 3 matches an win or lose, you get a couple neurodes for your trouble or forma and all that good stuff. I'd deal with whatever frustration that comes with PVP fr a couple rounds for that and go back to PVE when I'm done. 

Make it so I get a generous enough amount of credits and people might play this when they don't feel like doing the usual farming methods.