The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De - Consolidated List Of Forma Bp Drop Rate Suggestions

Educated_Beast

Honestly, people saying "think about the rest of us, some of us need formas!" need to consider the rest of US who don't want to get a forma blueprint from a t4 mobile defense of exterminate. You need blueprints? Go farm them. But they have NO PLACE in non-endless missions, and no business cluttering rotations with important parts on them.

with the ridiculous amounts of t1 and t2 cap sab and md keys from low to high planets and in the void and derlict missions you shouldnt have a problem with forma/bp dropping. I f I get the just rewarded key for the high level maps in the solar I wouldnt talk about it like  I am doing now.

anyways use a few sab, cap or md t1 or t2 keys and youll get forma/bp 9/10 times because DE's sadistic joke of RNG will give you a forma before and actual listed reward that is supposed to be at the end for that mission done... try it run a few t2 cap lets say 5 of them and youll end up with atleast 4 forma bp before getting a prime bp thats in that drop table.

Edited by ranks21

As someone who once went 2 months without a single forma drop when I was playing every single day and ran out of bps half way through, I was actually pretty upset when they changed it. I really hope the new star chart changes do something about that. I think I've found 3 bps since they made the change and I really don't like the idea of running out of them again since they aren't dropping for me.

Edited by Ceryk

"Too much forma, I can't get parts!!! WAH WAH!"

*DE nerf forma drops*

"Not enough forma, I can't get my newly built stuff from last update forma'd fast enough!!!" Wah Wah!!"

The cycle never ends.

I actually never complained about previous drop rate and in the process of forma some older stuff that I didn't previously like but trying something different (ember prime acceleration build with atmos).

So your wrong on both accounts. Put yourself in a new players shoes and try to come up with forma needed for dojo research weapons, let alone the forma needed for the dojo!

It is a real problem, the other players complaining about a good thing IMO was not. But I realize there are many different play styles so I'll respect their cries, which is why I consolidated all the good ideas for fixes...

Honestly, people saying "think about the rest of us, some of us need formas!" need to consider the rest of US who don't want to get a forma blueprint from a t4 mobile defense of exterminate. You need blueprints? Go farm them. But they have NO PLACE in non-endless missions, and no business cluttering rotations with important parts on them.

Did you read the post? Many great suggestions up there that would benefit all play styles if only 1 or 2 was implemented.

Edited by Educated_Beast

I know this is not the case, but it sure seems like the more forma BP you have in inventory the more it drops in void.

I ran T3 keys like crazy yesterday for 5 hours straight (not all T3 but the majority was) and I got 2. I'm just not getting the same results as you.

I wish I had that "problem".

weird, in t3 capture I get formas every 2 runs at least, that is because I was farming bronco p, that is, when i wanted forma i got lex barrel all the way home......

sometimes RNG feels like a living being that means to troll us

"Too much forma, I can't get parts!!! WAH WAH!"

*DE nerf forma drops*

"Not enough forma, I can't get my newly built stuff from last update forma'd fast enough!!!" Wah Wah!!"

The cycle never ends.

Well in all fairness, we are a large and diverse group. I for one never wanted the nerf to begin with.

I actually never complained about previous drop rate and in the process of forma some older stuff that I didn't previously like but trying something different (ember prime acceleration build with atmos).

So your wrong on both accounts. Put yourself in a new players shoes and try to come up with forma needed for dojo research weapons, let alone the forma needed for the dojo!

It is a real problem, the other players complaining about a good thing IMO was not. But I realize there are many different play styles so I'll respect their cries, which is why I consolidated all the good ideas for fixes...

I'm not saying your idea is bad, I am saying the players don't know what they want. And DE has some knee jerk reactions by catering to some of the whiners in response to the Ash Prime debacle.

I want Forma more than anything, so I am all for it.

The community needs to suck up and play the game to get what they want rather than ruining it for the rest of us by crying to the devs just because they had some bad rng in T3D.

weird, in t3 capture I get formas every 2 runs at least, that is because I was farming bronco p, that is, when i wanted forma i got lex barrel all the way home......

sometimes RNG feels like a living being that means to troll us

Which is why having them in syndicates just makes since. It's a guaranteed forma per day for MR 20 player regardless if goes to void or not (even at 25 K rep). Even Baro selling them once per 2 weeks would be nice.

But also adjusting void drops to A/B rotation and removing them from T3+ non endless is logical and make all happy.

As someone who once went 2 months without a single forma drop when I was playing every single day and ran out of bps half way through, I was actually pretty upset when they changed it. I really hope the new star chart changes do something about that. I think I've found 3 bps since they made the change and I really don't like the idea of running out of them again since they aren't dropping for me.

its pretty bad i had over 60 before the change i officially ran out last week...its pretty bad.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, I am saying the players don't know what they want. And DE has some knee jerk reactions by catering to some of the whiners in response to the Ash Prime debacle.

I want Forma more than anything, so I am all for it.

The community needs to suck up and play the game to get what they want rather than ruining it for the rest of us by crying to the devs just because they had some bad rng in T3D.

Forma is end game fodder, most only use a couple. Hell im MR 17 about a 1000 hours on WF and still swimming in the damned things - prime farmers WAY out number forma farmers, DE didnt knee jerk but more pandered to the masses. Something had to be done, its judt questionable if DE found the right "solution" for the problem. Anyway void capture chokes you with masses of them... no idea how people run out (anyone can solo void CAP runs and fast too)

Forma is end game fodder, most only use a couple. Hell im MR 17 about a 1000 hours on WF and still swimming in the damned things - prime farmers WAY out number forma farmers, DE didnt knee jerk but more pandered to the masses. Something had to be done, its judt questionable if DE found the right "solution" for the problem. Anyway void capture chokes you with masses of them... no idea how people run out (anyone can solo void CAP runs and fast too)

How are you certain that prime farmers way outnumber forma farmers. It seems to me, they were certainly more vocal. But what are you going to do with that prime weapon after you build it and it can't kill anything?

The point if this thread is to become more vocal. I'm in the other group who is no longer enjoying warfare the way I used to because of the recent changes. Another way to obtain forma is needed.

There are many suggestions above that will make both camps happy by not interfering with one playstyle or the other.

If in syndicates or sold by Baro, the prime farmers are uneffected and high MR players can still tweak unused / under rated weapons. But I admit, this does little to help a new player. Would need to suppliment this idea with eximus dropping them from void mini bosses.

If adjust void drop tables so stay in A/B but removed from C rotation (where looking for prime) and out of T3+ non endless awards, everyone happy as well. New players can go to non-endless T1/T2 and still get a few here and there from endless missions in T3+ A/B rotations.

So many fixes, their change did nothing. It seems RNG still gives to many to people that don't want them and guys like me have to farm way to much to find them.

I'd argue their change was the worst thing they have done to Warframe. Certainly the worst thing in that patch.

Edited by Educated_Beast

Hey guys the market drops formas 100% and it'll help

This game become better! Help support the devs!!! Peace!!!! :D

I do buy platinum and I have spent more on this game than any other game I've ever played.  However, this recent change is not making the game better, it is making it much worse.  I'm not going to spend 120P for each weapon I want to tweak when the cause for this change was players complaining, not DE making an independent decision.  In their eyes, they were doing what the players asked for.  But not me, and many others agree. 

This thread is full of ways to make the game better that would earn my future purchases.  Why would I reward what I consider the worst change made to the game yet?

• 4 weeks later...

http://puu.sh/lo7lW/fa43b0445f.jpg

I use a forma daily for the most part, I see absolutely no issues here.

I'm pretty convinced this "forma famine" people speak of comes from those who don't run voids and just buy their prime parts because I have not once been short on forma blueprints and I've sold them in bulk for credits before on more than one occasion.

It's not even uncommon to get two bps in a run.

Edited by SignumCruxis

I don't agree with forma drops being horrible. There are still 20 possible locations for them. There are some good suggestions there however. 

The biggest issue that people had with forma is that it still drops from non endless missions and on C rotations. On A/B rotations its harmless. So I don't agree with forma being horrible but I don't agree with the way DE handled it either.