Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Kind Of Auction House? [Megathread]

rudman88

That's horrible, why would you want to put someone through that? 

Don't listen to Noamuth rentown, don't want you to asphyxiate.

Auction houses are already on the table iirc, we don't need more threads about it.

So they understand what it's like trying to read that run on sentence. 

And I'm a bit of a sadist sometimes. 

No. We will not get an Auction House under any circumstances, and you're in a minority if you want them.

The problem is that the game focuses too heavy on Platinum, meaning the Auction House would, of course, be a Real Money Auction House, which is something that actively rots communities as well as devalues the materials people would otherwise pay more for. In other words, there's a reason both intelligent players and DE will never allow an auction house.

Please, make it happen, as soon as possible. Im disgusted with the current trade system (not the actual trade between players). I dont understand how an auction house is going to break the game, or how its going to make trading part for part impossible...

They could always have the auction house BUT with more restrictions compared to the dojo trading posts, like auctions is limited to credits (but with credit pricing limit so ppl will not try an spam 99mill price tags) AND the trading of items for items trades, taxes will be doubled compared to the Dojo tax as well, mods also have to be unranked to be sold in auction and Legendary items are banned from being sold in auction house

Dojo trading will still remain the same

Overall I think a auction with heavier restrictions like i listed above could maybe work, its only and idea so don't be me giving hate for making a suggestion =P

(would be nice if they made more use of the clan dojo this way)

Edited by Coud

or just have it so players can go to a relay and add an item or two (depending on your mastery), set a price and time (up to 4 days or something) with a price that you set. You can then see items that other people have put up for sale and the prices they offered them for, forcing items to be sold at a reasonable price depending on how rare it is to see it for sale in the relay. 

alot of prime parts can be worth 5-10p each, but good luck selling them all to people who want the full set or no one is willing to pay more than 1p for it. 

I agree with above comments. If you could take what you wanted to sell, put a price on it and slap it on a board where others have theirs, for a few days it would make it so much easier! I hate sitting in my ship and hoping someone will buy something. I get on to play, not to sit there trying to sell something. Not to mention, most don't understand how to buy/sell... If you post a mod on the "board" it automatically freezes it from being made or used guaranteeing you are getting what you paid for.  The trading system as is, is what makes a lot of people quit. I understand that, it probably won't ever change to that idea, because DE has to make money back from people buying more plat but come on!

No. We will not get an Auction House under any circumstances, and you're in a minority if you want them.

The problem is that the game focuses too heavy on Platinum, meaning the Auction House would, of course, be a Real Money Auction House, which is something that actively rots communities as well as devalues the materials people would otherwise pay more for. In other words, there's a reason both intelligent players and DE will never allow an auction house.

Actually it wouldn't be a Real Money Auction House, as there is no way for you to convert platinum back into Real World Currency.

Also I don't think it'll be like an auction house and instead more like a trading board where you can list your item for a few days at what price you want to sell it for or if you want to trade it for another item., which takes it out of your inv so you can't do anything with it, and if you do sell your item you get a little message saying 'you have sold your X item for X plat/item'

Single chat channel dedicated to trading isn't such a bad idea, until there are hundreds of players on this channel, posting dozens of offers every minute.

Most players don't like to read long offers, so I have to promote single items (with "PM FOR MORE").
When you post your offer, few other players will make it lost in a second with their few-lines offers.

If we could just copy trading system from forums (leave a message, read offers, meet with someone to trade) into the game, players would be actually able to play rather than being forced to sit even hours, doing nothing. I think huge holo-board in front of Darvo's shop would be great addition to Relays.

Instead of an AH we really need an in game market board where we can sell and trade things while being offline.  Of course this system is much more complicated and I wouldn't be surprised if items got lost here and there. 

That's basically, at its core, what an auction house in video games is.

So... Your objection is, what, a fear of a race to the bottom for plat prices?

What if DE were to, say, implement price floors for the auction house but not for informal trades at a dojo? I mean, there's already soft price floors in the form of RNG gates on, say, ash systems/bp or the like, but what about a hard price floor? That would automatically prevent what you're afraid of while retaining the convenience of an auction house system.

'Cuz make no mistake, the current trade system is tremendously bad.

Say, Darvo's Auction House. He charges a flat 40 plat fee for the service. You put something up, let's say it's a rhino hat. You need to charge more than 40 plat to get anything at all since Darvo always takes his cut. In trade chat if you luck out you can get a much better deal. But if you've been farming that rhino hat for ages and you just want the damn part and don't care about cost, you can hop onto the auction house and find it for whatever price the community decides, plus Darbro's cut. No hassle, no pain, no mess. Plat barons can still make plat in trade chat from people who want deals, people who are just tired of farming and just want their part so they can play the game can forego spending hours in trade chat waiting for someone to respond to their WTB or post a WTS of what they're looking for, everyone wins. 

DE has mentioned the potential of adding a trade room to Warframe, and not all games are hurt by this, the Trade Chat utterly Pisses me off. Tbh i say F*** it make Warframe Pay To Win and completely remove the ability to trade Platinum.... i dont actually mean this but Trade chat is an abomination... DE does need to do something about it maybe its time for a Chat box UI upgrade?

Platinum isn't like gold in WoW (that would be Credits), Currency in SWOTOR (also Credits) or Pink Bunny Hats (... Not sure what those are) in Old And Obsolete Video Game.  Platinum represents an actual real money investment (even if people in Trade are inclined to go all WTS Mod 1k Plat (that's $50)).

I know that I, for one, much prefer to have a bit more control in how pricing is handled concerning my Platinum.  I'm fairly certain I would likely purchase significantly less Platinum if an Auction House would be implemented and would likely avoid it altogether.  Simply put: I find video game commerce to be exceedingly too immature to think automating it would somehow be a good idea where real money is concerned.

I'm fairly certain I would likely purchase significantly less Platinum if an Auction House would be implemented and would likely avoid it altogether.

You can already do that (not haveing to buy plat at all, and instead trade items for it)... It just takes a huge ammount of time/ effort/ nerves/ observation skills.

- - - - -

I dont see any diffrence between an auction house and a market board. Please elaborate...