Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Forcing Us To Play Archwing De

-Ozymandias-

Lol "forcing" people to play Archwing?

What a joke, yeah the devs "force" you to play an alert that gives cores and rare items.

The devs are "forcing" you to play a braindead easy mission for bountiful rewards.

Who do they think they are? We're human beings, we have our rights.

If I don't want to do the easiest alert for the best rewards then by golly, you can't make me.

OH WAIT.

*Exits mission*

*Continues farming Trinity Prime.*

Edited by Tricky5hift

You don't.

No is 'forcing' you to play this. This isn't like Atlas where you HAVE to play Archwing to get his parts. Or Equinox where you HAVE to have an Archwing to fight part of Tyl Regor's battle. Or Limbo.

As for gating? I can see that argument. I personally DREAD the day DE adds PvP gated content. Because I DETEST the PvP in this game. They will eventually because the PvP players demand it so shrilly.

As far as it being optional? Yes. I too think they should allow alternate ways of getting the parts. Because I DO understand that not everyone likes Archwing or has bothered to level anything in it. (MUCH easier than it WAS btw. Seems a bit cheap now, but whatever.)

But for this event? If you don't like Archwing, why do it?

because it involves the fate of non aw specific content? relays get destroyed if you don't beat the fomorian, and given the nature of these now regularly occurring events the only way to have any influence in their survival is to be pushed into playing archwing. it is no different than the situation with aw locked frames, it's more core gameplay content tied to aw with no alternative choices.

I was never around for the period of warframe, or don't think i was, but that does sound indeed awful for someone who isn't very into the pvp scene (not a large advocate of pvp myself), maybe the fact it is gone now gives hope to this situation. 

I appreciate that you agree that there should other options than archwing for core gameplay content though, and its less about liking or disliking archwing as it is the mode has very little to do with the rest of the game. why should i have to deal with aw to get a frame that has no effects or impact on that mode? they have have no interaction with each other so why should they be tied together? in the same sense i don't think anything for aw should be locked behind core content at this point, since they have largely nothing to do with each other. Maybe that will be fixed some day, I truly hope DE finds a way to make aw less of a separate entity, but until then there is little justification in requiring players who don't want to, to deal with it just to play the actual game. 

But as I said earlier, this event does have consequence that impact non-archwing content, so it does put those who want to keep relays but don't want to deal with aw in a bind. It'd be simpler if, as you said and others have promoted, de just made a secondary option for those who mostly opt out of aw in its current state. 

-snip-

and if those players want to help save the relay? there's no other options for them.

Edited by Cubewano

and if those players want to help save the relay? there's no other options for them.

Then SAVE it.

Face the facts people, AW is apart of the game.

Play it or don't play it. Its literally that simple.

You can help save the relay by hosting survival runs on Mercury farming isotopes with other people because apparently that is much better than playing AW for awesome rewards.

Edited by Tricky5hift

But as I said earlier, this event does have consequence that impact non-archwing content, so it does put those who want to keep relays but don't want to deal with aw in a bind. It'd be simpler if, as you said and others have promoted, de just made a secondary option for those who mostly opt out of aw in its current state.

I HIGHLY doubt that EVERYONE in game played Archwing to beat this last Fomorian. if they don't want to? Someone will. Maybe me, maybe someone else. The LOWEST number of active squads I saw was 54.

Say half of that were people who didn't like playing Archwing. So next time, they don't play and it takes twice as long. How long did it take to drop this one?

It wasn't even CLOSE to the deadline.

Now, when it happens to Saturn or Pluto, we may see more tension. But still, if you don't want to do it, SOMEONE will.

Edited by Kalenath

*cough cough* H *cough* Jordas Golem *cough* Must have CP *cough cough*

Your telling me you havent seen that ever? Then again i see your point, some people, including me, don't play Archwing unless we have to, but i still get the archwing stuff just incase DE makes events like these.

Why do you need CP? What is CP? i've never had it and Jordas is easy peasy.

You don't.

No is 'forcing' you to play this. This isn't like Atlas where you HAVE to play Archwing to get his parts. Or Equinox where you HAVE to have an Archwing to fight part of Tyl Regor's battle. Or Limbo.

As for gating? I can see that argument. I personally DREAD the day DE adds PvP gated content. Because I DETEST the PvP in this game. They will eventually because the PvP players demand it so shrilly.

As far as it being optional? Yes. I too think they should allow alternate ways of getting the parts. Because I DO understand that not everyone likes Archwing or has bothered to level anything in it. (MUCH easier than it WAS btw. Seems a bit cheap now, but whatever.)

But for this event? If you don't like Archwing, why do it?

See, you detest PVP and you say they will eventually blend it with normal mode because PVP'ers demand it.

But what about AW fans wanting AW to be a major part of the game overlooking us who dislike AW?

no one is forcing you to play it, just because you dont like it means the players that DO like it shouldnt be rewarded? its an mmo theres bound to be different interests. but if they had no rewards then even if you liked it, no one would play it. get real. stop whining about it and git gud

See, you detest PVP and you say they will eventually blend it with normal mode because PVP'ers demand it.

But what about AW fans wanting AW to be a major part of the game overlooking us who dislike AW?

I haven't seen the devs overlooking anyone. EVERY SINGLE patch that I have seen that has contained Archwing content has ALSO contained regular game content.

What is your source?

Because not ALL Archwing fans want the REGULAR game to stagnate/fall apart in the name of the mode. Indeed... NONE of the ones I have talked to said that.

The only person who I have seen say THAT is you.

DE added an extra kind of alert that has few strings attached, has LIMITED chance of the enemy succeeding, and drops R5 cores AND a special weapon in parts. You do not NEED to play it. It takes AT MOST 5-10 minutes and gives some experience and other rewards. This one was straightforward and didn't require much in the way of high end mods/gear. And it is going to come back.

But this is a bad thing. Because it MIGHT start to teach new players how to PLAY Archwing.

Edited by Kalenath

Yes.

Except the new frame requires you to have an archwing, either that or buy it with play if you dont like archwing.

I only see 5 ppl agreeing with its existence so far in this thread.

But have you seen how many ppl play archwing?

k you can add one more now :p

Then SAVE it.

Face the facts people, AW is apart of the game.

Play it or don't play it. Its literally that simple.

You can help save the relay by hosting survival runs on Mercury farming isotopes with other people because apparently that is much better than playing AW for awesome rewards.

I try to, but it doesn't change the fact I don't agree with that option being locked behind aw. 

And? Does that make me not allowed to disagree with it, or want it maintained until its an actual functional mode?

It is hardly that simple, and de made it that way by locking unrelated content behind it. I don't play it and I lose out on several frames and the ability to protect relays.

Perhaps, but a player should have the option of actively stopping the real formorian attacks as well without having to resort to playing the bent out of shape archwing.

I HIGHLY doubt that EVERYONE in game played Archwing to beat this last Fomorian. if they don't want to? Someone will. Maybe me, maybe someone else. The LOWEST number of active squads I saw was 54.

Say half of that were people who didn't like playing Archwing. So next time, they don't play and it takes twice as long. How long did it take to drop this one?

It wasn't even CLOSE to the deadline.

Now, when it happens to Saturn or Pluto, we may see more tension. But still, if you don't want to do it, SOMEONE will.

that shouldn't matter, i still wanted to aid in the endeavor to protect the relay, i wanted to contribute to keeping the more of the games core content. saying other people will do it for you doesn't repair that, it doesn't negate the fact i still lack that option without resorting to what is basically a secondary game. that's no different from saying just deal with it, and you shouldn't need to be told why that isn't right. 

because it involves the fate of non aw specific content? relays get destroyed if you don't beat the fomorian, and given the nature of these now regularly occurring events the only way to have any influence in their survival is to be pushed into playing archwing. it is no different than the situation with aw locked frames, it's more core gameplay content tied to aw with no alternative choices.

I was never around for the period of warframe, or don't think i was, but that does sound indeed awful for someone who isn't very into the pvp scene (not a large advocate of pvp myself), maybe the fact it is gone now gives hope to this situation. 

I appreciate that you agree that there should other options than archwing for core gameplay content though, and its less about liking or disliking archwing as it is the mode has very little to do with the rest of the game. why should i have to deal with aw to get a frame that has no effects or impact on that mode? they have have no interaction with each other so why should they be tied together? in the same sense i don't think anything for aw should be locked behind core content at this point, since they have largely nothing to do with each other. Maybe that will be fixed some day, I truly hope DE finds a way to make aw less of a separate entity, but until then there is little justification in requiring players who don't want to, to deal with it just to play the actual game. 

Leave it to the rest of us who play AW.

Leave it to the rest of us who play AW.

But what if they want to start playing?

Everyone starts at the same place. SOME of us ground our way to upper level gear despite the handicaps. And you cannot tell me that it was easy. I know it wasn't.

The game mode has it's problems. I think most of us can agree on that. But the POTENTIAL...

I get to FLY in SPACE and heft a SWORD TALLER THAN I AM!

Enough for me.

Archwing just needs to get improved by either having BETTER MODS, FIXING ODONATA, AND MAKE ARCHWING NOT FORCED (Limbo and Atlas), or just make Archwing as a Gear item that you can use during missions, that doesn't get consumed, also, the ability to not use Archwing in Archwing places. (even if there's a special lifesupport bar for players that goes double the speed of Survival's)

(All of the Archwing weapons are mediocre, I still want to use my Zorens in Archwing.)

Edited by ALOIYD

Everyone starts at the same place. SOME of us ground our way to upper level gear despite the handicaps. And you cannot tell me that it was easy. I know it wasn't.

The game mode has it's problems. I think most of us can agree on that. But the POTENTIAL...

Enough for me.

Let them play it then, nevrr said they couldn,t play anymore.

yes, because leaving people without an option is a cool solution.

Tell me how I am leaving you without an option? If you don't want to play AW, guess what, you can just not play it at all.

Want to play AW, go ahead, I am not stopping you from doing so.

I haven't seen the devs overlooking anyone. EVERY SINGLE patch that I have seen that has contained Archwing content has ALSO contained regular game content.

What is your source?

Because not ALL Archwing fans want the REGULAR game to stagnate/fall apart in the name of the mode. Indeed... NONE of the ones I have talked to said that.

DE added an extra kind of alert that has few strings attached, has LIMITED chance of the enemy succeeding, and drops R5 cores AND a special weapon in parts. You do not NEED to play it. It takes AT MOST 5-10 minutes and gives some experience and other rewards. This one was straightforward and didn't require much in the way of high end mods/gear. And it is going to come back.

But this is a bad thing. Because it MIGHT start to teach new players how to PLAY Archwing.

Again, you are missing the point by rushing for a reply with that agresive atitude.

I meant overlooking as in implementing AW to the game regardless of those who dislike it, like your case with PVP.

Not having an update dedicated entirely for AW.

Oh and speaking of that new weapon, in the last fomorian event the weapon was rewarded fully built.

But now, those who seek the gun for the mastery HAVE to play the event several times (50+ in my case) with a sh*t low chance (no receiver for me) for getting the weapon PARTS.

Enough for me.

Also, of course it wasn't easy, but I didn't come to the forums just to complain how "hard" archwing was.

Again, you are missing the point by rushing for a reply with that agresive atitude.

I meant overlooking as in implementing AW to the game regardless of those who dislike it, like your case with PVP.

Oh and speaking of that new weapon, in the last fomorian event the weapon was rewarded fully built.

But now, those who seek the gun for the mastery HAVE to play the event several times (50+ in my case) with a sh*t low chance (no receiver for me) for getting the weapon PARTS.

Please reread my post.

You missed the point. By about a light year.

Also, of course it wasn't easy, but I didn't come to the forums just to complain how "hard" archwing was.

No, you didn't. Good for you. (no sarcasm)

Edited by Kalenath

Easy to say, right?

Let me ask you one thing, do you have any idea of how much we had to wait to get that weapon?

It wasn't given to players until the event ended, maybe the grind wasn't that bad, but you had to log in everyday just to get 1 point from each fomorian.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Easy to say, right?

Let me ask you one thing, do you have any idea of how much we had to wait to get that weapon?

BETTER question:

Does he/she CARE?

It is offered again, but it isn't instant and simple to get. BAD! WRONG! EVIL!

Edited by Kalenath

What is your source?

Please reread my post.

You missed the point. By about a light year.

Enlighten me

The point is i am here to play tps ninja game not a flight simulation , of course  aw must stay but i dont wanna play it and it should be not only way to get something it should be a alternative way to get something! İ am never gonna farm or it and i am not wanna  till they put primed chamber or something for prize :D . De please keep it and develop it but dont include it to my tps run and gun game play!!!!

To be honest, AW kinda make me feel less burnt out considering I still have stuff to do with farming the stuff I need to maximize my potential in AW missions. It makes it less boring to grind for stuff instead of grinding in the void for primes and stuff after maximizing everything from Warframes to Melees. 

Plus, AW has a different gameplay than any modes we have before. It could give a nice break from farming inside ships or on planets, totally giving you a much more different atmosphere to vent out your frustration on RNG enjoy the game. but then again AW has RNG, everywhere has RNG. THERE IS NO ESCAPE

What I'm trying to say is just give it a try, give it more chance if it didn't work, try it out another time, etc. I, too, had abandoned AW after its first release until last month when i told myself to give it a try again with the encouragement from friends.

And about the recent events, how about just leave it to us instead. We'll try our best to defend the relays. We're a community after all.