Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe China New Frame Revealed "nezha"? (Update) [Megathread]

DonGucciRice

Personally, I think Journey to the West is a great place to pull inspiration from. Many of our frames are already pulled from mythology and it will help Warframe China draw people in.

I also like his aesthetics, can't wait to find out more about his powers.

Personally, I think Journey to the West is a great place to pull inspiration from. Many of our frames are already pulled from mythology and it will help Warframe China draw people in.

I also like his aesthetics, can't wait to find out more about his powers.

I wish DE's had journey to Tibet. Oh god please I want monk frame.

Maybe they've been to the Shaolin Temple? I actually remember a Monk frame concept made by a friend of mine.

I can even see that one of his skill would be team energy restoring through meditation and chant

Edited by Koler.

They come to us thru video games, more so recently, but a Japanese version of them. And it's very few, if any, coming directly from the culture they were originated. But even so, while we gamers may know these naturally, outside video games other non-gamers see us... weird.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

Who cares about the name, who cares about the design, he is a spear wielder, if that means we are finally getting a fuggling spear in game I am all for it!

Meteor hammer next please!  

p.s. I like the name, the design and the theme, there can be more Asian themed frames, both Chinese and Japanese. For a game that advertises it self as some sort of space ninja game we are still sorely lacking in the Japanese themed frames and weapons department anyways.   

Edited by Numbsky1

Who cares about the name, who cares about the design, he is a spear wielder, if that means we are finally getting a fuggling spear in game I am all for it!

Meteor hammer next please!  

p.s. I like the name, the design and the theme, there can be more Asian themed frames, both Chinese and Japanese. For a game that advertises it self as some sort of space ninja game we are still sorely lacking in the Japanese themed frames and weapons department anyways.   

One can only hope, but if the second photo is his bundle doesn't seem like spear melee is being emphasized with him. (though god knows we all want an actual spear melee/stance) Either way though I'm down for this frame, his design looks pretty nice. 

I'm curious though, all we've seen is new male frames out of china, are they like stockpiling female frames in secrecy? Or have I missed things?

For a game that advertises it self as some sort of space ninja game we are still sorely lacking in the Japanese themed frames and weapons department anyways.

I'd abandon any hopes of getting content based on uniquely Japanese stuff, as opposed to your run of the mill ninja aesthetic that we already have, out of the Chinese version that we wouldn't already be getting from developments in Warframe NA. They, uh, don't exactly like each other, to put it mildly.

I'm curious though, all we've seen is new male frames out of china, are they like stockpiling female frames in secrecy? Or have I missed things?

It's probably just that the most iconic figures of Chinese mythology are mostly male, and if you're going to start making frames with the explicit goal of being based on Chinese folklore you're going to start with only the most famous characters, irregardless of their gender.

That being said, a Chang'e warframe would be interesting to see, with moon/immortality-based powers. Come to think of it, it would fit perfectly with the upcoming Orokin moonbase too...

Pretty cool.

But I personally can't wait for Wukong to become available to us.

As a kid, I owned Chinese graphic novels of The Journey to the West and I thought those stories were the coolest things ever even thought I couldn't read or understand any Chinese whatsoever.

I...am not a fan of this. 

Warframes were abstract manifestations of concepts or words, at least in the beginning. Now, things seem to be trending towards frames being characters very clearly derived from themes. I feel like this simply takes the mystery out of a fundamental gameplay aspect. But that's just the opinion of a salty and tired veteran player. 

Warframes were abstract manifestations of concepts or words, at least in the beginning. Now, things seem to be trending towards frames being characters very clearly derived from themes. I feel like this simply takes the mystery out of a fundamental gameplay aspect. But that's just the opinion of a salty and tired veteran player. 

I can understand this.

Although I love the new designs, a lot of the new Warframes are almost, how do you put it, too specific? Basing them off of simple concepts makes sense, but basing them entirely off of characters in mythology is kinda silly.

I mean, you could argue that Atlas is a based off of said world-carrier in Greek mythology, but his concepts are mostly drawn from brawling and earth control. Atlas is just his name, which relates to him, but not entirely.

Wukong is literally Sun Wukong. Same goes for this one.

Duuude. This frame looks so legit. Guessing we'll get him on the next big update after U18 Though, judging by that's when we get Wukong.

As for theme I have no problems with it. Sure this might get a tad tiring 5 months down the road and we have 4 or 5 Chinese mythos Frames, but still. We ain't there yet, and hopefully te Chinese dev team learns to mix it up a bit.

Also, side note. Aren't these Chinese Frames made by the Chinese dev team, AKA not taking any of our's time to make?

Why are so many people upset about them saying they are a waste of development time when they are literally extra frames/content?

Edited by SJunior

From your Limbo avatar icon, I take it that Limbo is your favorite warframe. Did you know that this reasoning is very similar to that one time when players arguing against Limbo's. Edited by ndantony

This reasoning is very similar to that one time when players arguing against Limbo's.

I think Limbo's issue is that he physically looks ridiculous. This is a different argument.

Edit:

To clarify, Limbo got S#&$ because he looks dumb. Here, the warframes are based too much on mythical characters rather than simpler concepts.

Edited by IANOBW