The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Simaris Daily Reward Takes Into Account Remaining Daily Standing

Stormandreas

How to explain this.... It's weird.

So in my situation, I did the Simaris Daily Reward (brand new :D)

So after doing the missions, I had 6550 standing remaining for my DAILY CAP
The mission was supposed to give me 10k standing with Simaris (AWESOME AMOUNT, PLEASE KEEP IT)
I only gained 6550 standing, but my daily cap was NOT used.

So, the Missions only give you the amount of standing you're daily allowed to get remaining, but don't use your daily amount.

Please fix this ASAP, as I'd LOVE to get the 10k rep I'm supposed to. It really would make me do Simaris missions more, and then putting more items into Simaris's shop would easily be justified now.

So - seeing lots of reports on this. It's possible it's a UI bug. Your Database entry for the missions shows the correct 10,000 Standing increase, but the UI says otherwise.

Can anyone run some before/after and compare UI with actual standing earned so we can narrow this down?

So - seeing lots of reports on this. It's possible it's a UI bug. Your Database entry for the missions shows the correct 10,000 Standing increase, but the UI says otherwise.

Can anyone run some before/after and compare UI with actual standing earned so we can narrow this down?

I can't confirm currently, BUT, I am having trouble fining guardsmen Reb! Whenever I got to Ceres I seem to only find Heavy Gunners to scan, and that doesn;t work for the current target or the daily quest. D:

So I just did the daily quest for cephalon simaris and found out that the rep for the quest counts towards your daily rep limit.  Because while doing the quest I had already maxed out the rep limit and got no rep for doing the quest.

I think that this quest should be like the other syndicate daily quests where the rep you get from them does not count towards your daily limit.

I am just away to start on the next one (I have a daily reset now), so I'll do some before after shots

EDIT: Ah, unfortunately my new daily task will only give 5k rep, so that wont work, as my remaining standing will be over that anyway.

It'll likely only work for standing that will be OVER the remaining daily cap.

... EDIT 2: oh, unless I max my standing first, though I'm not sure it'll work at 0 standing.... really not sure, and it means I'll need to grind at 1:30am... XD

Edited by Stormandreas

I did it right after the update landed, got 5k from scanning 2x Heavy Gunner but didn't count towards the cap, the 3+k for each heavy gunner did, but the end reward didn't, so perhaps only some dailies do that.

Edit: I misread the OP post, sorry. D;

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

First time before the reset, I was maxed but still go the 7.5k rep. Today I did it before maxing my rep and it took it off the normal rep. I'm sure, it took it away from my daily standing.

As I had 13k standing before reset and I ended up with 34k after doing both

So? How does it work anyway?

Am I supposed to just enter a random mission and hope for the daily target to spawn?

Or there is a specific mission, yet I cannot enter it cause I maxed it out wile scanning?

Cause I'm pretty sure that the navigation synd mission tab for simaris, is not a button to start a mission.

It's just there to count how many I got, so no specific mission, which means no random mission I pick will have a guarantee the target will spawn.

If I'm right, then wow, you have disappointed me again DE, bravo.

Edited by 7grims

Sorry I don't have before and after pics but I checked my standing before and after doing the mission, and made sure I got all my daily standing before turning the quest in. When turned in UI showed +0 reputation, though I did gain the 10,000 reputation from the daily quest (from ~51k rep to ~61k).

So I was asked to scan Drahk Master's.  I went to Saturn and did this survival mission and scanned 4 of them, but nothing showed up saying I completed anything.  Am I doing the wrong guys?

Upon entering a mission, Simaris will alert you to the presence of the Synthesis target. You can track them by looking over the level with your Synthesis Scanner, showing a faint, pixelated trail to the target. It can't be just any mob, it has to explicilty say "X-unit Synthesis Target", and Simaris will alert you that you've found it. Then scan the four nodes on the target for successful synthesis (highly recommend using his kinetic traps, or a frame that can immobilize the target, such as Equinox's Rest, Frost's Freeze, Vauban's abilities, etc.).