Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Vs. Tokens (Vote!)

MyXmaN

3. Merger. For me, I personally would like to see the merger of the two, but not in a way that detracts from looking for actual drops. Say, for prime weapons there's the token system, that way you can go for w/e primes you want without needlessly farming. But keep things like Prime Frames, forma etc in the random pool.

I would also add void keys to the reward table for void missions. I think it would be much better for the progression overall if you didn't have to spend time farming 10 keys to run 10 voids, but rather say 5 or 6 and have a solid chance that if you don't get the loot you want, you'll atleast get another key to run.

3. MERGE Transforming my excess chassis and helmets into systems would be awsome

Token system sounded fine for guild wars 2 , but it isn't as much fun as random factor. Also this way you get & use items you wouldn't otherwise take an effort to get.

Also a system where you would get 2 rewards to choose from.

Edited by Garth_Tremor

3, but with an 80% of 1 and 20% of 2.

I prefear random. At least, you can receive all with not so much runs. With tokens, what about the price of items? If it's too high (and, for example, a player need to run 10-15 times the same mission just to receive a single object))...

It's better the 1st choice in this case.

What the game needs adding to it is progression in its difficulty, weapons, abilities and drops.

While i totally agree with this statement, the developers noticed in the livestream 6, that they are thinking about the token system. I was hoping to be a bit useful to them and try to provide the opinions of the community in general.

We are gathering quite the numbers over here.

While these numbers do not necessarily represent the exact will of the community as a whole, what they DO represent is the part of the community that visits the forums often.

No for any form of tokens.

Yes for adjustments to drop rates.

So I guess my answer is sort of 1.

Tokens will either make the game super easy to "farm" through, which is part of the appeal of any game like this or will set the bar too high for "casual" (hate that term) players.

The current drops could use adjustments. As far as I know, adjustments are being made just like they were when U7 dropped. 

#3: Both.

Something similar to World of Warcraft's system.

1). Do Void.

2). Mission gives you RNG Reward + a token.

3). You can use Tokens (a decent number of them, 20?) to buy an item of your choice. Said items would be the same pool of items  that normally come from that Void Mission.

Result: We keep the current RNG system, AND for the unlucky people, they know that they WILL get what they need eventually, even if the RNG is brutally unmerciful and unrelenting, even if it takes 20-40 runs to get enough tokens, you know that there IS light at the end of the tunnel. The only question is "will I get the drop before I get enough tokens to just buy the stupid thing?".

3. Mix it up. Haven't read past 1st page but here's what I'm imagining.

Standard RNG. I farmed for Rhino prob 30+ before I got final BP. (As oppse to Saryn - 3 fights. Got lucky). 7 Rhino Helm, 7 Rhino Chassis. I think it'd be sweet if I could take 5 of those BP & it gives me a Rhino Token. 5 Rhino Tokens lets me purchase 1 Rhino BP of my choice. So you have extra tokens now? 5 Rhino Tokens (for this example) could result in 1 Generic Token. 5 Generic Tokens convert to 1 specific Token. 1BP could be sold as a generic bit. 10 bits = 1 generic token. This way you can still convert your extra BPs into tokens without needing multiple of 5. Also farming a simple boss for BP will not be easier/faster abiding token converting, than farming actual boss & getting actual BP drop.

I see little problem with current RNG, other than those few times when it really hates you. Honestly, most the time I find myself farming alloy plate, then a boss for BPs.