Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Happy Birthday Limbo!

I never have an issue with my Limbo, in fact he's one of my favorite frames. Admittedly, I do play with friends regularly so coordination isn't an issue but I don't have any issues on random groups either. He's a great assassin frame, he's not meant to just run around using his 4th power all day like some other frames. 

Rift Walk, Rift Surge. I draw back my Dread, Banish my heavy target, release arrow....it dies. Also works to knock down tough enemies and kill them with ground finisher. I selectively pick off the most powerful enemies like I would do with Ash and leave the trash mobs to other frames.

Use Cataclysm to protect objectives from ranged targets (build for duration, not range...makes this power much more useful since you can control the number of enemies in there with you better), and when enemies close in to it destroy them with the bonus damage from Rift Surge...you don't even have to be in the Cataclysm with them since you're Phased out yourself so you can kill whole groups from range w/o risk. Allies can also selectively bounce in and out of Cataclysm for protection as needed while they kill groups. It's not just that a lot of people don't know how to play Limbo, they also don't know how to play with him. 

Either way...if DE is willing to do an overhaul on him I won't complain...every frame overhaul I've seen has been awesome so far so it couldn't hurt.

I enjoy Limbo's skillset, but don't like the "Magician" theme, and feel that some of his skills should have not been redundant. Personally I  would have made Banish and Rift Walk the same skill by making Banish put you into Rift Walk mode if you weren't aiming at a specific target, thus freeing up 2 for a different skill. Additionally, Rift Surge (3) should be a passive (still affected by Power Strength) leaving 3 open for a different skill as well.

Also, I would totally have jived with him being a "Ghost" themed Warframe.

Edited by Xcedis

I personally love limbo and think his powers synergizes so well with each other. Even though I think rift surge should just be innate with him as long as he is in the rift with enemies or atleast make it a team power to make it feel special. And like others said I think it's just people don't know how to play as him and fight beside him that causes so much hate.

Another reason I think all the hate is like someone said, " mogamu hasn't even done a video over him." Sometimes that's the problem in the warframe community we go to YouTube and see how a person mods a warframe and think it's set in stone that's how you do it. And if they haven't that frame most be garbage or if they did review them it wasn't good enough to them for you to waste your time on.

Most people don't try developing their own play style with a character till their higher mastery rank they just take what they have seen and mod the warframe according to "HOW ITs DONE."

I could go into many different ways I've found enjoyment using limbo and perfecting my own personal play style with him, but this is already getting to long.

All I can say is lay down a cataclysm with a group of enemies, go into rift walk from far, launch a couple Penta bombs in the cataclysm and set it off, and then remove the cataclysm. Let the team go pick up all the drops and they won't hate you anymore.

Edited by (PS4)crankonacranky