Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Happy Birthday Limbo!

1 Year ago, October 24, 2014 Update 15 was released with Archwing, Limbo, and the Opticor.  Since then Archwing has recieved 3 major changes, 2 of them being large content additions

the first changed made archwings non-reliant on player's warframes

second, Itzal and many more weapons were added, along with the Grineer sabotage game mode

most recently we have received archwing bosses.

Limbo has been the source of controversy since his release, popular youtuber, Mogamu still hasn't made a video on him.  

Lastly, today we celebrate the Opticor, everyone's favorite Big F*cking Gun!

Warframe community, how do you feel about the games evolution since last year's U15?

We went an entire year with no new Archwing game modes, no new maps, no bosses, bottom-of-the-barrel garbage enemies, half a dozen weapons, and an Archwing that was originally supposed to be available on launch but was pushed back.

Sad.

We've had some nice developments very recently, but I hope this isn't our regular rate of growth for Archwing.

Also, we went an entire year without a single new (not a re-skin) Corpus Weapon. Before Sonicor and Convectrix, Opticor was the newest one.

We went an entire year with no new Archwing game modes, no new maps, no bosses, bottom-of-the-barrel garbage enemies, half a dozen weapons, and an Archwing that was originally supposed to be available on launch but was pushed back.

Archwing Mobile Defense and Defense? Sharkwing? Uranus tileset? Tyl Regor rework and J3-Golem rework?

I'm not going to contest the enemies and weapon things, but still, you can't say that there's been zero new Archwing modes, maps, and bosses, when the opposite is the case.

Archwing Mobile Defense and Defense? Sharkwing? Uranus tileset? Tyl Regor rework and J3-Golem rework?

I'm not going to contest the enemies and weapon things, but still, you can't say that there's been zero new Archwing modes, maps, and bosses, when the opposite is the case.

We've had some nice developments very recently, but I hope this isn't our regular rate of growth for Archwing.

As you can see, I admitted that there's been some nice additions very recently, but that doesn't change the fact that we went the bulk of an entire year with nothing.

EDIT: Also, as one of the biggest advocates for Arching - Sharkwing sucks.

Edited by AM-Bunny

He's saying it took a year to get that stuff added.

uau, the worse frame ever, not even worth being called a tenno, is 1 year old?

And yet DE as not done nothing to make him minimally playable, of the so many frames that need rework, limbo should be on the top of the list, like a sick patience looking for a organ transplant.

"Mogamu still hasn't made a video on him"

hint hint, even mogamu doesnt touch trash.

uau, the worse frame ever, not even worth being called a tenno, is 1 year old?

And yet DE as not done nothing to make him minimally playable, of the so many frames that need rework, limbo should be on the top of the list, like a sick patience looking for a organ transplant.

"Mogamu still hasn't made a video on him"

hint hint, even mogamu doesnt touch trash.

Assumptions like these make my day. Lol.

You might want to revise the english in that post.

Edited by Evanescent

Question from someone who hasn't played as Limbo or ran with a lot of em: Why all the hate for Limbo? Is he really a "trash frame"?

The main complaint for Limbo is that his abilities affect the other player's abilities to perform. In a team with a really good setup and communication, he can be beneficial, but otherwise, his powers are actually detrimental to team performance. He's pretty unique in this sense - even useless frames contribute nothing, he's on of the few that can actually damage team dynamics. Most player's resent his presence because of this.

In case you know nothing about him, Banished units can't interact with non-Banished, and items can't be picked up while Banished, including within a Cataclysm.

Question from someone who hasn't played as Limbo or ran with a lot of em: Why all the hate for Limbo? Is he really a "trash frame"?

He has a very clunky kit, along with a very high skill requirement which makes playing him very stressful. Add to that his lack of any real CC, and he becomes a very very hard frame to play. Players who love him have found ways to make him work, but the fact remains that he is in need of a large overhaul. A very interesting frame, but needs some tweaks to make him really shine and free him from the issues that plague him.

But as a frame to play he is quite enjoyable.

Most people also have the image of the western fantasy of a 'ninja' stuck in their heads and hate on him claiming he is not 'ninja', which is laughable because ninjas were just mercenaries, and what they wore was never set in stone.

All in all he is a nice frame, but one in need of some serious tweaks. I and some people can make him work, and some can make him work admirable, but the amount of makeshift toe-dancing that is needed to do so implies that all is not right with his kit. 

As others have said. his kit is incredibly clunky, and anything he can do, others can do much better (and without the downsides).

There's no reason to bring him to anything.

Happy birthday limbo. May your top hat never touch the ground.

EDIT: Also, as one of the biggest advocates for Archwing - Sharkwing sucks.

I completely agree with this statement.

Its too slow. Everything else in the game at least feels like i have a chance to dodge.

But sharkwing.... Ugh. I literally think to myself i have to face-tank every attack.

But at least the tileset is pretty....