Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alabaster Skin Challenge

i'm not sure, to me it looks unfinished...

perhaps they removed it because they were considering giving alabaster skins to all the prime warframes (kind of like the immortal skins for normal warframes) but gave up.

while i would like to see more skins in warframe this one to me seems incomplete (lacking coloring, details, ect)

i'm not sure, to me it looks unfinished...

perhaps they removed it because they were considering giving alabaster skins to all the prime warframes (kind of like the immortal skins for normal warframes) but gave up.

while i would like to see more skins in warframe this one to me seems incomplete (lacking coloring, details, ect)

• Interestingly, at the start of Update 11 Excalibur Prime was given a short-lived full body skin called "Alabaster", which was explained by Digital Extremes as a test skin that was released by mistake. The skin's texture was similar to said Vault statues.

Wiki

• Interestingly, at the start of Update 11 Excalibur Prime was given a short-lived full body skin called "Alabaster", which was explained by Digital Extremes as a test skin that was released by mistake. The skin's texture was similar to said Vault statues.

Wiki

ah... that would explain it...

i mean it does kind of look like a golden marble texture, more statue like than anything else.

but if we did get unique skins for the prime warframes that would be cool as well.

Wiki

this is what i understood it as too. the skin was intended for the statue but was accidentally accessible as a skin for the players. its pretty similar to how there is a giant stone statue of tyl regor in his boss room but in early dev streams about his remake you can see that the statue still has his original skin.

Would it be allowed in game or even considered to be if it was made? Considering the player made skin would have a striking resemblance to it

I wouldn't think so. Something that captures that smooth polished stone finish on portions of his Armor, and not just a all over texture fill.

Thats a REALLY good job man

Thank you. I'll revisit it once I complete my gorgon and mag skin. Need to get out a weapon skin in time before they start picking the first round of submissions, but I like the idea of some kind of primitive looking "Orokin Marble" skins.