The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

645P To Get All The Day Of The Dead Skins...

crimsonspartan1

$40 for some skins, guys. Let's get some perspective, I could buy an entirely new game for that. This isn't exactly a bargain, even if it's three halloweens worth of stuff.

That's only if you want all of them.

And here's some perspective for you, using actual numbers:

It's £4.87 ($7.44) if you're smart and only buy plat when 75% off drops. (£19.50 / $29.78 if you don't.)

For 36 Skins and 2 Cosmetic Items. (+50 plat for Naberus).

Which is all purely optional.

Me and my partner spent roughly 470 Plat between us on this (only getting the parts we wanted), so works out at arounf £2.50 each.

So it's really not all that bad.

Additionally - how many hours have you put in to Warframe?

I'm at 819 Hours, my partners at 690 Hours. We've spent roughly... £70ish between us, for 1,509 Hours of play. That works out to 4.6p (7c) an hour.

We're probably going to spend more down the line too, but it seems pretty worth it tbh, being you don't have to spend a damn thing and could still manage to get all of this stuff anyway.

The only other games I've put that much time into are Mechwarrior Online, possibly Supreme Commander FA, possibly the C&C series, and the entire Halo Series combined across almost 15 years.

Even my time in Elite: Dangerous (a relatively slow game pace wise, with huge scope), I've only put around 100ish hours into.

Most big games I'll put between 10 and 100 hours into at most.

Most new full release games have a play time of 2 to 8 hours with very few going beyond that anymore. And a lot of those are buggy messes to boot.

Yes it's just some cosmetics, but it supports the developers, allows them to continue making the game, so we can continue sinking our time on it, and depending on what you choose to spend is as cheap or expensive as you want to make it.

Edited by DarkOvion

That's only if you want all of them.

And here's some perspective for you, using actual numbers:

It's £4.87 ($7.44) if you're smart and only buy plat when 75% off drops. (£19.50 / $29.78 if you don't.)

For 36 Skins and 2 Cosmetic Items. (+50 plat for Naberus).

Which is all purely optional.

Me and my partner spent roughly 470 Plat between us on this (only getting the parts we wanted), so works out at arounf £2.50 each.

So it's really not all that bad.

Additionally - how many hours have you put in to Warframe?

I'm at 819 Hours, my partners at 690 Hours. We've spent roughly... £70ish between us, for 1,509 Hours of play. That works out to 4.6p (7c) an hour.

We're probably going to spend more down the line too, but it seems pretty worth it tbh, being you don't have to spend a damn thing and could still manage to get all of this stuff anyway.

The only other games I've put that much time into are Mechwarrior Online, possibly Supreme Commander FA, possibly the C&C series, and the entire Halo Series combined across almost 15 years.

Even my time in Elite: Dangerous (a relatively slow game pace wise, with huge scope), I've only put around 100ish hours into.

Most big games I'll put between 10 and 100 hours into at most.

Most new full release games have a play time of 2 to 8 hours with very few going beyond that anymore. And a lot of those are buggy messes to boot.

Yes it's just some cosmetics, but it supports the developers, allows them to continue making the game, so we can continue sinking our time on it, and depending on what you choose to spend is as cheap or expensive as you want to make it.

Well said. People see free to play and expect everything to be free, yet will spend $100 on the next AAA and play it for 8 hours and be happy ._.

I've sunk more than $800 into this game, I'm 1.8k hours in and don't regret a thing.

Unlike my purchases of AAA titles recently. Where I've finished then in 6 hours and there is no incentive to keep playing

I can understand where your coming from, most games who make you pay that much for something put a lot more effort into it to purchase them all is 2/3 the cost of a full game just to have a little white skull on the tip of your weapon, these skins seemed like they were thrown together last minute and chucked out as a money net. At the end of the day its still a choice weather you buy or not.

Edited by Mordiez

Meh, doesn't matter to me since I've never liked any of the weapon skins personally. I like to be able to notice the skin myself for me to buy it, which is why I prefer the cosmetics on warframes and those are really the only ones I'll consider buying. Give me some dad of the dead wayframe skin with a skull on the helmet and I'd probably consider it. 

Well said. People see free to play and expect everything to be free, yet will spend $100 on the next AAA and play it for 8 hours and be happy ._.

I've sunk more than $800 into this game, I'm 1.8k hours in and don't regret a thing.

Unlike my purchases of AAA titles recently. Where I've finished then in 6 hours and there is no incentive to keep playing

Yup.

Cos it's really more of the same:

I've spent more than I care to admit on MWO (in the region of £400 / $600 I think), as well as another £90 to upgrade my PC as MWO is poorly optimised (which is already rated to live-render CGI), £80 for joystick(s) (immersion).

But then I've also put around 1000 hours into the game, or around 50p an hour.

I preordered the limited edition Halo 4, spent probably 20-30 hours on that, including the campaign and multiplayer combined for my £80.

That works out to roughly £2.50 to £4 an hour.

THEN, not too long after, preordered the Master Chief Collection (another £50), and so far me and my fiancee have sunk probably 10 hours per game in there. Once we complete it, that'll work out to 50-60 hours total, or around £1 an hour.

Halo 5: Guardians is meant to have a roughly 5-10 hours of campaign, and due to the lack of local co-op, I don't know how much we'll actually play of it after that. That was another £80, so an estimated £8-16 an hour. :/

Yes, we'll probably go through and replay, as I've done with the previous titles, but most titles, I really won't (it's also why I wait till they've dropped massively in price generally, so I don't pay more than £5-15), meaning this is still far better value for money.

For me Orthos prime design is better than vanilla, same for Boltor prime, Soma prime, Scindo prime, Braton prime.

Not sure for Glaive prime, but well, many of them will be primed in the futur for sure.

Don't see the point to equip a special skin to have a downgraded design version of the weapon.

I think it's not a lot of work to adapt all these skins on the prime variant.

And personally I hate the prime versions. I mean good god, I can finally see over the top of my soma prime!

The skins look great! My Days-of-the-Dead Liset looks terrific, and an orange Volt Prime (with yellow electric flashes) with Pumpkin head is perfect for Halloween.  I spent the plat I could afford, and my clan mates bought a skin pack and gifted the rest of us all with a couple of weapons skins. We had a great time today with all the pumpkin madness....

Spend the plat you can afford, or don't buy anything.  You don't need them to play the game, but they are great for Halloween.  Just please stop the whining about the price of skins!

$40 for some skins, guys. Let's get some perspective, I could buy an entirely new game for that. This isn't exactly a bargain, even if it's three halloweens worth of stuff.

dont worry we bought all packs last 3 years to support DE and just for you to play free

and keep your 40 to spend in another game and see you here to complain